Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luis Enrique New Barcelona Manager

2»

Comments

• Options

Rumour going about that Messi has missed training. Club are saying he's suffering with gastroenteritis.......

he missed training on Monday with an illness

he was then in training yesterday, when every player has a day off for kings day
    he arrived at training at 9AM this morning training did not start until 11
    Probably got in early so he could have a full 11v11 match with his ego..........
    Apperently he got in early trained until the other got there then him Xavi and Iniesta had a long conversation
    Paulie, you've got to stop taking anything I say seriously, no-one else does. Why do you think I've got more Lols than you? ;)
    I was not taking you seriously, just saying what happened
  • Options

Rumour going about that Messi has missed training. Club are saying he's suffering with gastroenteritis.......

he was then in training yesterday, when every player has a day off for kings day
    Fuck me Paulie, you have got to get a hobby mate.

I watched Sky Sports new for half hour earlier and found all that out, its not hard lol
  • Options

Probably got in early so he could have a full 11v11 match with his ego..........
    Apperently he got in early trained until the other got there then him Xavi and Iniesta had a long conversation
    In Catalan or Spanish?
    Argentinian
  • Options
    I only watch Scotty on Revista for my info but seems like the club is in a bit of a state.

What with all the goings on at 'board level', the ageing midfield, the lack of top quality youth, the apparent directive to Enrique to modernise ( how do you replace Xavi and Iniesta?) and move away from the style of football that has made them so successful (that may be needed due to less capable playing staff) and the inconsistent team selections, the future maybe isn't too bright.

They've been great to watch, Messi is a genius and I love Xavi and Iniesta.
  • Options

I only watch Scotty on Revista for my info but seems like the club is in a bit of a state.

What with all the goings on at 'board level', the ageing midfield, the lack of top quality youth, the apparent directive to Enrique to modernise ( how do you replace Xavi and Iniesta?) and move away from the style of football that has made them so successful (that may be needed due to less capable playing staff) and the inconsistent team selections, the future maybe isn't too bright.

Goes to show how good a coach Guardiola really is. Don't underestimate how much time he spent coaching certain players, Messi included.
  • Options

Well selling Thiago to Bayern probably wasn't the smartest of moves.
  • Options

Fuck me Paulie, you have got to get a hobby mate.

I watched Sky Sports new for half hour earlier and found all that out, its not hard lol
    At work? Lucky sausage!
  • Options

And Fabregas to Chelsea
  • Options
    Yep, very silly decisions indeed, especially as they were both brought up the Barca way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

They were actively trying to sell him for two years. As soon as Guardiola went to Bayern he made him his number one target. Strange from Barca.
  • Options
    It has a lot to do with the players they have coming through
    for the last couple of years they have had

Sergi Roberto and Rafinha both come through both started of at La Masia and have played at all levels for Barcelona and both expected to make the break through over the coming few years, both have played a few games this season as they start to make the break through

they also have
    Alen Halilović-big big things exected from him and Pol Calvet in their B team both future first teamers

plus the other talent that is and will continue to come through La Masia
  • Options
    also if they did not have this transfer ban I think Martin Ødegaard would have gone to them, but he wants to join a big club now not in 18 months time
  • Options

also if they did not have this transfer ban I think Martin Ødegaard would have gone to them, but he wants to join a big club now not in 18 months time

Off to Real Madrid I think.
  • Options

yeah he was there last night but even Guillem Balagué said had the transfer ban not been in place Barcelona were the most likely club to sign him
  • Options

yeah he was there last night but even Guillem Balagué said had the transfer ban not been in place Barcelona were the most likely club to sign him
    Except their ban is in place for that exact reason - because they were tapping up young players.
  • Options

Except their ban is in place for that exact reason - because they were tapping up young players.
    I dont think it was tapping up youth players

it was more just breaking the rule this is the explanation Fifa gave

Players under 18 can move to a club in a different country if their parents move there for non-footballing reasons, if they are from another nation within the European Union or European Economic Area and aged between 16 and 18, or if they live within 100km of the club.

A Fifa investigation – centred on several players who were registered and played between 2009 and 2013 – found that Barcelona and the Spanish football federation were guilty of a "serious" infringement of the rules in relation to 10 players.

Barcelona were also fined 450,000 Swiss francs while the Spanish FA was fined 500,000 Swiss francs and given a year to "regularise its regulatory framework and existing system concerning the international transfer of minors in football".
  • Options
    Barcelona hope to put an end to the political turmoil in which they find themselves by showing manager Luis Enrique and his backroom staff the door and replacing them with City boss Manuel Pellegrini, his director of football Txiki Begiristain and City CEO Ferran Soriano. The latter pair have previously worked at Camp Nou under president Joan Laporta, who could well find himself back in charge of Barcelona following their summer presidential elections.