Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket : Summer 2014

Comments

• Options
    Sangakkara 100*
    204-2, 38.1ovs
  • Options
    217-3, 39.3ovs
    Jayawardene 7 c Anderson b Gurney
  • Options
    Cmon Jos
  • Options
    Great effort that.
  • Options
    Shame - anythng but Malinga and i think England would have won that. Brilliant innings by Buttler
  • Options
    Senanayeke should be ashamed for running out Buttler in that fashion - havnt seen that since school.

England all out for 219.
  • Options
    5th and deciding ODI:

ENG 219 a/o in 48.1 overs.
  • Options
    that "run out" has got me spitting feathers !!

If I was Anderson, Gurney etc I'd be bowling under arm & all other sly tactics in their innings. Very bad sportsmanship imho. I know he gave Buttler a prior warning but its not as if Buttler was half way down the pitch trying to run 1 to the keeper.

gggrrrrr
  • Options

that "run out" has got me spitting feathers !!

If I was Anderson, Gurney etc I'd be bowling under arm & all other sly tactics in their innings. Very bad sportsmanship imho. I know he gave Buttler a prior warning but its not as if Buttler was half way down the pitch trying to run 1 to the keeper.

gggrrrrr

Also, when his arm came over, he was (marginally) still in his crease with his bat.
  • Options
    How the hell does Tredwell come in at 9? - doesnt look like he knows what end of the bat to hold - no 12 would be a suitable spot for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SL 51-0 off 7 overs.
  • Options
    Curse of the post update does the trick.

55-1, 7.2 overs
    Dilshan 28 c Root b Tredwell
  • Options
    Missed a second wicket. Sangakkara is gone though.

And now lbw given but reviewed by the batsman.......
    GONE!

62-3, 10.5 overs
    Perera 19 lbw b Anderson

• Options
    WASP says SL have a 60% chance of winning from here.

65-3, 13 overs.
  • Options
    Cooks brings off Tredwell after taking 2 wickets from 3 overs !! - what a great captain we have .Doesnt he realise we have to bowl them out to win this ??
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I think Cook has shown himself to be an increasing liability. A strong captain would have fought for Pieterson for starters. If he is one of if not your best players, why does he have to be liked for starters? I think the England Captain role is a bit like the army - a posh boys club.
  • Options

I think Cook has shown himself to be an increasing liability. A strong captain would have fought for Pieterson for starters. If he is one of if not your best players, why does he have to be liked for starters? I think the England Captain role is a bit like the army - a posh boys club.

Cook is just so ultra negative - and this was correctly pointed out by Warne last season even when we were beating the Aussies.
  • Options
    SL need 80 to win from 100 balls. 140-3
  • Options
    64 to win from 72.
    Jayawardene 50*
  • Options
    I think the run out was fair enough as Butler was warned. Had he not been it would have been under-hand. Matthews probably should have given him one more warning but Butler has himself to blame!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If England get Thiri out, this could be tight.
  • Options
    Trouble is, England just dont have any hold-up bowlers like Underwood,Emburey,Flintoff anymore.
  • Options
    I make Sri Lanka right , spirit of the game, my arse , when it suits
    Buttler was warned in this match and the last , how many warnings does he want , stop leaving the crease till the ball is released and then you can't get out
  • Options
    I don't like it, but when I am watching cricket all the players seem to be way out of the crease. I have often wondered why players don't do it more often. It's similar to a runner in baseball trying to steal 2nd base and getting caught out by the pitcher
  • Options
    Nothing really to do with "England cricket" but it is rather refreshing to see the Aussies beaten by Pakistan - by just the matter of 356 runs (and at a neutral venue too).

espncricinfo.com/pakistan-v-australia-2014/engine/match/727929.html
  • Options

Nothing really to do with "England cricket" but it is rather refreshing to see the Aussies beaten by Pakistan - by just the matter of 356 runs (and at a neutral venue too).

espncricinfo.com/pakistan-v-australia-2014/engine/match/727929.html

Again.
  • Options
    yep, back to back biggest ever wins (by runs) for Pakistan over Australia in the two tests.
  • Options
    Good to see that Trott is back in contention .. and have Pakistan at last found a team and structure that truly reflects the brilliance and potential of its cricket
  • Options
    I think that Australia are poor on the sub continent. They were totally outplayed by India 4-0. They are a different proposition on pitches that offer a bit of bounce.
  • Options
    the more matches Mitchell Johnson plays and doesnt make an impact the better for me