Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bob Peeters Press Conference

This may be a bit premature, But does anyone know if there will be a Press Conference with Mr.Peeters ?.

There was not one for Jose - that i understand as it was mid season but where is the traditional picture holding scarf etc.

There just does not seem to be alot off media coverage from our side what so ever.

If Iam calling this to early does anyone know how long the wait normally is ?

Comments

• Clearly we'll have to wait a bit longer to find out if funny in Flemish translates into English...
  • He's probably read some of the crap written about him in the social media and decided not to waste his time.
  • He's probably read some of the crap written about him in the social media and decided not to waste his time.

The facebook comments was a joke so i would no blame him

• Avoid the press conference as it will save him/anybody coming out with "being a big club with a massive fanbase, have always supported them when in the premier, I want to get them back to the premier where we belong" blah blah blah
  • In all seriousness, I suspect the comms people\owner think it will just end up being a load of questions about RD picking the team so I suspect we'll see a youtube interview at some point and nothing else.
  • In all seriousness, I suspect the comms people\owner think it will just end up being a load of questions about RD picking the team so I suspect we'll see a youtube interview at some point and nothing else.

And correctly so I think.
  • I can understand why they would be less keen to do a press conference with the new head coach so soon.

Let him just get on with the job, as i remember listening to Riga's first post match press conferance and it felt like the journalists tried to catch him out rather then show a serious interest in what he had to say.

I may be wrong but i suspect from everything i have read, the football media in general will wish Bob to fail, in the same way they wished Riga to fail.

I just hope he spoils the story for them, as Riga did.
  • edited May 2014
    It was yesterday. He turned up in a pair of dirty jeans, didn't say too much, only that he was looking forward to his 3 month stay.
  • Sponsored links:

• Perhaps he's finding somewhere to live, and settling in his wife/kids?

Anyway, rather than doing press conferences, I'd rather he was at SL, working with the team...
  • edited May 2014

Perhaps he's finding somewhere to live, and settling in his wife/kids?

Anyway, rather than doing press conferences, I'd rather he was at SL, working with the team...

I do agree, but at least a quote of some sort from the man himself would be good.

Or the club letting us know when we might have press conference, or more likely an interview with the guy lined up.
  • He turned up in a pair of dirty jeans

He's still got some Millwall tendencies then...

• Perhaps he's finding somewhere to live, and settling in his wife/kids?

Standard Liege? ;-)
  • It was confirmed by Sue Parkes (Richard Parkes wife) on the Facebook group, that he is not due in the country till 30th June. Assume there will be a youtube interview in due course.
  • It was confirmed by Sue Parkes (Richard Parkes wife) on the Facebook group, that he is not due in the country till 30th June. Assume there will be a youtube interview in due course.

No rush, eh..

Pre season training starts on the 26th June so that don't sound right but she would know I guess .
  • Does Bob Tweet ?
  • Does Bob Tweet ?

Well, he bought me a lovely pwesent once......................

• Sponsored links:

that's crazy. How many players are going to want to come to the club in that time who've never met the manager?! Mercenaries that's who.
  • 30th June FFS! Don't rush Bob, it's not like you have to convince players to sign new contracts, plan training, talk to press and drum up season ticket sales
  • Season ticket sales are up on last year apparently . It does sound strange that he's coming over so late I personally don't believe it or someone has got there wires crossed.
  • Don't for a second think he won't come to UK until 30th of next month.

He's got a lot to get started/sorted, he'll be here within the next 10 days I imagine/hope
  • Yann897 said:

It was confirmed by Sue Parkes (Richard Parkes wife) on the Facebook group, that he is not due in the country till 30th June. Assume there will be a youtube interview in due course.

Pre season training starts on the 26th June so that don't sound right but she would know I guess .
    Roland is taking it this year.
  • Yann897 said:

It was confirmed by Sue Parkes (Richard Parkes wife) on the Facebook group, that he is not due in the country till 30th June. Assume there will be a youtube interview in due course.

Roland is taking it this year.
    Funny , well he doesn't really need to be here because Laurence Bloom will take the first week or so but what he does need to do is introduce he's self on the 26th but he needs to be here by the 1st of June or ASAP in my eyes to start talking to some players ect. I think he'll be over by next week but who knows.
  • Yann897 said:

Season ticket sales are up on last year apparently . It does sound strange that he's coming over so late I personally don't believe it or someone has got there wires crossed.

Genuinely amazed if season tickets are up on last year

There are two issues with that and only one of them is to do with Bob Peeters.
  • red_murph said:

Yann897 said:

Season ticket sales are up on last year apparently . It does sound strange that he's coming over so late I personally don't believe it or someone has got there wires crossed.

Genuinely amazed if season tickets are up on last year
    That's also what Sue Parkes said on Facebook . At the same stage as last season.