Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bob Peeters Press Conference

2»

Comments

• Options

It was confirmed by Sue Parkes (Richard Parkes wife) on the Facebook group, that he is not due in the country till 30th June. Assume there will be a youtube interview in due course.

There are two issues with that and only one of them is to do with Bob Peeters.
    do tell
  • Options
    Who is Richard Parkes?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    J BLOCK said:

It was confirmed by Sue Parkes (Richard Parkes wife) on the Facebook group, that he is not due in the country till 30th June. Assume there will be a youtube interview in due course.

do tell
    Quite clearly a professional football club can't have the wife of the club secretary disclosing substantive information on Facebook that it hasn't published itself.

To be clear I have absolutely no issue with Sue, but that isn't tenable from the club's perspective, neither is it plausible that she is a sanctioned route for disclosure.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

do tell
    Quite clearly a professional football club can't have the wife of the club secretary disclosing substantive information on Facebook that it hasn't published itself.

To be clear I have absolutely no issue with Sue, but that isn't tenable from the club's perspective, neither is it plausible that she is a sanctioned route for disclosure.
    Do I take this as her comments to be true ...?
  • Options

Who is Richard Parkes?

The alter ego of Chris Parkes.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

J BLOCK said:

do tell

• Options
    She must have got that wrong, surely she means the 30th of May? I understand players are on holiday and all of our targets will be at the World Cup but I can't believe for one moment he's not going to rock up until a week or two before pre-season.
  • Options

Does Bob Tweet ?

Bob the Budgie ?

• Options
    Isn't he a pundit for Belgian tv? Maybe world cup commitments.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yann897 said:

Yann897 said:

Pre season training starts on the 26th June so that don't sound right but she would know I guess .
    Roland is taking it this year.
    Funny , well he doesn't really need to be here because Laurence Bloom will take the first week or so but what he does need to do is introduce he's self on the 26th but he needs to be here by the 1st of June or ASAP in my eyes to start talking to some players ect. I think he'll be over by next week but who knows.
    Chill out, it was a joke.
  • Options
    There is absolutely no way the new manager won't turning up for another month. It's just plain ridiculous to even think so.
    How would we ever sign a player without them meeting the manager first ?
    . The date must be wrong .
    Can someone who knows this employee please get her to confirm this is actually true ?
  • Options
    There is not credibility in Peeters not being around for another month.

Leaving aside the work aspect of things he has to sort out his transport, sort out his drum for himself and his family (?). Spend several days hanging on the phone to utility companies, council tax, tv licence, home and contents insurance companies, broadband and telly providers, banks and credit card companies. Tell those same lot in Belgium about his new address and redirection of mail, get down to Bluewater for a couple of natty outfits, and new business cards to be printed. It's gonna be all go for Bobbin.

If he leaves it all until the end of June he has a lot to fit in in the six weeks before the first game.
    I think the Belgium people have indicated that he likes to work kind of 24/7 in his previous jobs. If that is true I suspect that Bob Peeters is already at work on our behalf.
  • Options
    He's not the manager @Bedsaddick‌ - just the head coach. He just coaches heads.
  • Options

Why would he need to be here before the end of june??
    He wont be picking the players we sign
    He won't be picking the team.
    He just needs to take the training sessions and relay messages from Belgiumland

and say yes when required

• Options
    edited May 2014

Who is Richard Parkes?

Whoops. I meant Chris! Richard is his son who I had been talking to that day.

*Note* I've just revisited the quote and it actually says "the end of June" might have been edited ( can't really remember ) but either way its still there and as the facebook page is moderated I am assuming the fact it is still there means it hasn't broken any confidence.
  • Options

I doubt it. The last press conference announcing a Charlton manager didn't go to well.

Did someone throw an egg?