Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Hello, i seem to notice all the Kent plankton have emerged . I see a few havnt quite sobered up after their 2 pints of piss-water.
    Just proves my analogy of Surrey v Kent is cricket equivalent of Charlton v Millwall respectively, after all, Millwall dont come from the Old Surrey Road, do they ? And we just cant beat the feckers, regardless of how shit they are.

Still, they have their Cup Final twice a year , and we usually kindly oblige.

Well done Kent, and great innings Joe Denly.
  • edited July 2017

I'm in Geneva lads. Can't check in that often so keep the updates coming. I appreciate reading them as it happened!

I was in Geneva this morning Canters.Flew back to Lux this morning.
    Recommend The Black Sheep pub and Ma Cousine to eat- and very close to each other.
    Kent fans go on business to Chatham ..in their caravan- and eat in the local Mcdonalds.

BTW, Canters, Ma Cousine voted best cheap restaurant in Geneva on Tripadvisor and TBS (Rue DesEtudes) has some really cool music, and, as i said, they are very close. Also have Lady Godiva in Pleinpalais (no 15 tram towards Palettes) but find it expensive.
    Kiran in Rue Kleber is one of the best Curry's i have ever had anywhere - absolutely superb, but you'd need to check with your Bank manager before going (37 CHF for a Chicken Karahi, which is about 30 quid), but hugely impressive .
  • I'm in Geneva lads. Can't check in that often so keep the updates coming. I appreciate reading them as it happened!

I was in Geneva this morning Canters.Flew back to Lux this morning.
    Recommend The Black Sheep pub and Ma Cousine to eat- and very close to each other.
    Kent fans go on business to Chatham ..in their caravan- and eat in the local Mcdonalds.

BTW, Canters, Ma Cousine voted best cheap restaurant in Geneva on Tripadvisor and TBS (Rue DesEtudes) has some really cool music, and, as i said, they are very close. Also have Lady Godiva in Pleinpalais (no 15 tram towards Palettes) but find it expensive.
    Kiran in Rue Kleber is one of the best Curry's i have ever had anywhere - absolutely superb, but you'd need to check with your Bank manager before going (37 CHF for a Chicken Karahi, which is about 30 quid), but hugely impressive .
    Sounds good mate. Already been to the lady Godiva as it's not far from where we're staying. Definitely gonna check out this Ma Cousine. I'm back in a month so all tips are appreciated!
  • Hello, i seem to notice all the Kent plankton have emerged . I see a few havnt quite sobered up after their 2 pints of piss-water.
    Just proves my analogy of Surrey v Kent is cricket equivalent of Charlton v Millwall respectively, after all, Millwall dont come from the Old Surrey Road, do they ? And we just cant beat the feckers, regardless of how shit they are.

On the contrary, Charlton is Kent's football team, and Kent is Charlton's cricket county. I first saw Kent play at the Rectory Field in Blackheath, when Colin Cowdrey was a Charlton director, and Stuart Leary was still a Kent player (c. 1969). I'm baffled that any Charlton fan could support Surrey.... and that's coming from a Surrey resident...

Hence I thoroughly enjoyed last night!
  • edited July 2017

Hello, i seem to notice all the Kent plankton have emerged . I see a few havnt quite sobered up after their 2 pints of piss-water.

On the contrary, Charlton is Kent's football team, and Kent is Charlton's cricket county. I first saw Kent play at the Rectory Field in Blackheath, when Colin Cowdrey was a Charlton director, and Stuart Leary was still a Kent player (c. 1969). I'm baffled that any Charlton fan could support Surrey.... and that's coming from a Surrey resident...

Simply because it was a lot easier to jump on a 53 bus and get to The Oval regularly than it was to try to schlepp all the way to Maidstone or Canterbury from Plumstead Common.

Simply because it was a lot easier to jump on a 53 bus and get to The Oval regularly than it was to try to schlepp all the way to Maidstone or Canterbury from Plumstead Common.
    Same here.
    Orpington to London bridge 18 minutes.
    Orpington to Maidstone or Canterbury considerably longer.
  • Yep, same here...I lived in Catford and used to get a 185 from Stansted Rd right to The Oval.

Nearest clubs for me were Surrey & Charlton!
  • 16 man squad named for tonight's match against Essex...

I reckon we will line up

Roy
    Finch
    KP
    Sanga
    Sibley (or Pope)
    Foakes
    Sam
    Tom
    Batty
    Rampaul
    Dernbach
  • Can't they only play 2 overseas?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2017

Can't they only play 2 overseas?

Rampaul is on a Kolpak contract - no idea what that actually means but I do know he didn't count as an overseas player... he's been playing alongside Sanga in the 4 day game when we are only allowed one overseas.

Plenty of counties over the years have exploited this rule. Middlesex for one. When we played Hampshire in the championship a few weeks ago they had 7 non England qualified players in their side.

Rossouw SOUTH AFRICA
    Bailey AUSTRALIA
    Ervine ZIMBABWE
    Holland AUSTRALIA
    Berg SOUTH AFRICA
    Abbot SOUTH AFRICA
    Edwards WEST INDIES
  • Yeah Kolpak is a complicated rule, and clearly Hampshire do take the p1ss.
  • Just read up on the Kolpak rule, still have no idea!!!
  • Yep it's ridiculous. It's one of the things that if I was trying to improve the game I would abolish. As much as Rampual has been decent for us there is no point in having second rate overseas players getting in outside the quota through this rule. They don't improve the quality of the competition and take up a place from a young English player.

I would allow one extra overseas player which will encourage counties to get someone extra top class in. But will say 9 of the 11 must be qualified to play for England.
  • Isn't pietersen playing? Essex failed to defend over 200 last time, expect a thumping win
  • McBobbin said:

Isn't pietersen playing? Essex failed to defend over 200 last time, expect a thumping win

So did we against Kent: (
  • Your batting lineup is fearsome. Unless KP and sanga are past it, and Roy doesn't tee off.
  • Essex win the toss and will bowl
  • Not said who is going to keep. Neither Foakes or Burns in the side. I assume it'll be Pope.

Honestly I'd probably have picked Foakes ahead of Pope both with bat and gloves.
  • Sponsored links:

• A pic going round on Twitter of Sanga walking out to warm up with keeping gloves under his arm. Radio commentary suggests Sanga will keep.
  • edited July 2017

A pic going round on Twitter of Sanga walking out to warm up with keeping gloves under his arm. Radio commentary suggests Sanga will keep.

Odd decision as he made it clear when he joined that he would only do it in an emergency. Cant see it being a long term option. Makes sense to me as Pope is a better outfielder. Would prefer Foakes though.
  • Apparently in the warm up it looked like Sanga was gonna keep, not sure how I feel about KP coming back, how much competitive cricket has he played lately?

I'd imagine Foakes wont be too happy being dropped for KP to swing at every ball and get out cheaply.
  • They've opened with a spinner Asher Zaidi. Gets hit for 2 4s in the first 3 balls by Roy.
  • Apparently in the warm up it looked like Sanga was gonna keep, not sure how I feel about KP coming back, how much competitive cricket has he played lately?

I'd imagine Foakes wont be too happy being dropped for KP to swing at every ball and get out cheaply.

Agree and KP's record for us in the is format is poor. But he is a big name and sells tickets. He did have a very good big bash a few months ago and so let's hope he carries that form on.
  • They've opened with a spinner Asher Zaidi. Gets hit for 2 4s in the first 3 balls by Roy.

12-0 after the first over. Amir is on.

It's that same pitch that was used for the Kent game. The one that had more than 400 runs and we lost...
  • Roy hits a 4 off Amir. Shout for LBW next ball but not out they reckon Roy got an edge.
  • Come on Roy
  • 16-0 from 2.
  • Finch murdering Bopara.