Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Surrey ccc

Comments

• 129 for 6
    3 overs left
  • Sam Curran hits the shot of the day into the middle tier of the pavilion!
  • And gets bowled soon after...
  • 139 for 7 after 18
  • What's happened? expected to finish eating and see a half decent score on the board!!
  • 146 for 9 after 19 overs
  • Right I've got rid of the girlfriend on Skype so I can fully focus on the cricket..

Struggling here. The pitch is good. We will struggle to defend anything less than 170. Commentators were saying 200 was below par in this. Amir has bowled exceptionally, Jade Tom and Sam will need to match.
  • 150 for 9 after 20.

Failed to capitalise on a good start yet again. Then failed to build any meaningful partnership afterwards. Disappointing.
  • Amir 4 overs 2 for 13. Incredible stuff.
  • Not enough I feel.
    Please prove me wrong
  • Sponsored links:

• Should be an easy chase for Essex, not looking forward to going to Sunday's game the form we're currently in.
  • Dernbach to open. Sanga is keeping... Pope must wonder what he has to do to be considered a keeper.

Run out chance but not quite there.
  • KP isn't fielding... not sure why.
  • Big boundaries today so score may be slightly better than we thought. Sanga Pope and KP were all caught from shots that would usually have gone for 6.
  • 23 without loss
  • KP has a calf strain. Classic Surrey!
  • Need a hat trick to set them back a little...
  • Get the skipper on. We need something special...
  • KP has a calf strain. Classic Surrey!

My arse, I bet he's in the bath counting his money
  • 43 without loss
  • Sponsored links:

• McBobbin said:

KP has a calf strain. Classic Surrey!

The man is toxic.
  • edited July 2017
    Meaker gets the breakthrough. Chopra for 27 caught by Pope
  • edited July 2017
    McBobbin said:

I expect and hope you're right. On that issue Burns is sub fielder for KP is he allowed to keep? The Surrey management seem to rank him ahead of Sanga. They don't reckon Sanga has kept since the CPL last year where he kept a couple of times. Before that it was for Sri Lanka 3 years ago.
  • McBobbin said:

The man is toxic.
    I agree with you in general but everyone at Surrey only have good things to say about him and how he has been around the dressing room. I certain don't mind him if he top scores and gets 52 from 32 balls.
  • Pace off the ball seems to working with Batty bowling. Should give Sibley a go...
  • Essex need to stay ahead of the rate. We got strangled against you at Chelmsford and left too much to do
  • McBobbin said:

Essex need to stay ahead of the rate. We got strangled against you at Chelmsford and left too much to do

Don't think you're in too much trouble on that front here.
  • We'll see. Part of being an Essex, Charlton and England fan is an ever present sense of failure
  • Meaker has his second. Lawrence gone for 24. Bopara in..
  • Required rate is 8 an over.