Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Moores c Pope b Virdi 10

176-8
  • Fletcher b Virdi 8

189-9
  • Ball c S Curran b Morkel

199 all out - Surrey win by an innings and 183 runs!

Unstoppable!
  • Morkel finishes with match figures of 9-120.

Surrey take maximum points.
  • Thanks for the updates Epsom.
    Fantastic season so far.
  • they really are on a roll ..such strength in depth ..they certainly got the better side of the deal when RC came back
  • Absolutely dominant performance. Impressive stuff.

Just don't think there is a side out there that could match us in any area. We are on such a roll and such a high with confidence I feel we are unbeatable.

I was worried that we would lose momentum with the break from 4 day stuff and a run of T20 games. I'm glad I was wrong.
  • brilliant stuff
  • Liam Plunkett joins on a three-year deal from next season.

https://www.kiaoval.com/main-news/liam-plunkett-signs-surrey/

blimey its getting crowded in that dressing room
  • Sponsored links:

• Strange one this.

Whilst he is top quality and will improve us in all formats I am surprised we signed him given our ridiculous depth of quick bowlers.

Morkel, Clarke, Sam, Tom, Dernbach are all gonna want game time.

Not sure where it leaves Meaker/Dunn/Pillans/Mckerr/Atkinson who can't get a game anyway but by all means are very good/promising bowlers.
  • I had heard rumours of this but thought that it was just speculation given it's public knowledge he is unhappy at Yorkshire
  • have we got morne for next year?

if so looks like we are going for Plunkett as a one day player ...giving the other quicks rest time ..its a shame about Dunn and Meaker but looks like one or both will go
  • lolwray said:

have we got morne for next year?

if so looks like we are going for Plunkett as a one day player ...giving the other quicks rest time ..its a shame about Dunn and Meaker but looks like one or both will go

Yes Morkel signed a 2 year deal. Apparently they have already asked him if he would like to do another year on top.

Shame as I really like Meaker and Dunn. Both are very good players but fitness issues have prevented them getting any decent run in the side for a while now. They've basically never been fit at the same time. Should probably combine them and treat them as one player.

Surrey: Have you ever played for Durham?
    Plunkett: Yes
    Surrey: Have a 3 year contract!
  • edited July 2018
    With the IPL and England call ups I don't think he will play much for us. Add in the fact that he has been fairly injury prone over the years. We will probably see as much of him as we have of Roy this year. Which is not much.

Makes the signing even more odd. As I doubt he comes cheap.
  • With the IPL and England call ups ibdont he will play much for us. Add in the fact that he has been fairly injury prone over the years. We will probably see as much of him as we have of Roy this year. Which is not much.

Makes the signing even more odd. As I doubt he comes cheap.

Yes, odd one this. I wasn't aware he was unhappy at Yorks.
    As you say, with his international commitments, wont get to play much anyway.
  • With the Curran brothers being picked for England in various forms of cricket, I am sure Plunkett will get a few county games.
  • Incredibly strong 15 man squad announced for tomorrow's match.

Roy and TC back in the squad! No room for Morkel even!

No idea who to drop out.

One of Roy Burns and Maddinson will have to drop out.

Only room for one of Borthwick, Jacks and VDB as second spinner. I would go VDB as I don't think we need the extra batting.

That leaves one to drop out of the quicks - Sam Tom Clarke Pillans and Dernbach. I think Tom has to be the one to drop out based on him only bowling 1 over since coming back from injury. The other bowlers have been brilliant and deserve to be stuck with.
  • I'm going tonight, expecting lots of runs!
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm going tonight, expecting lots of runs!

Would hope So!
  • It's pouring down here!!!
  • Zero chance of any play, just need a 5 minute break in the rain to get back to Vauxhall!!!!
  • Pause in the rain, just about to leave and the covers are coming off, there is hope yet.
  • Pause in the rain, just about to leave and the covers are coming off, there is hope yet.

To be fair that rain delay wasn't wasted, as Surrey used the time to sign 3 more players

To be fair that rain delay wasn't wasted, as Surrey used the time to sign 3 more players
    That's what happens when your top of the championship, people want to come and play for you!!!
  • Pitch inspection at 7.20.
  • 8.15 start 10 overs each.
  • Burns and Borthwick out, Roy and TC in.
    We win the toss and will bowl first.