Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Options

Early doors mate,early doors.
    Once we get our imports home-growns back from injury we'll be alright.

Stick to the party line pres. Repeat after me "we produce our own players, and top them up with experienced pro's"

On the game. Once again Curran is being overworked like mad. What are the odds on him breaking down before the end of the season.
  • Options

Early doors mate,early doors.
    Once we get our imports home-growns back from injury we'll be alright.

Stick to the party line pres. Repeat after me "we produce our own players, and top them up with experienced pro's"

On the game. Once again Curran is being overworked like mad. What are the odds on him breaking down before the end of the season.
    Sorry Canters, I just couldn't help myself !

I'm thinking of starting a Hampshire CCC thread, seeing as I now live in 'amshire(as MOG would say), and get to see them more than Surrey and also, I might be able to jump ship later when Surrey go down the pan.
    Talking of which, Wednesday June 15th Amshire v Slurrey Ageas Bowl 50 over game starts at 2pm - i'll be there if anybody wants to come introduce themselves !
  • Options
    This last wicket partnership is starting to get on my tits. Someone tell Murtagh he is Surrey through and through. Hit wicket next ball!
  • Options
    Murtagh b Burke 24. 395 all out. Finally.
  • Options
    Nearly 70 runs that last wicket partnership was... oh well.

Lunch.
  • Options
    Currently going at less than 2 an over. 27-0.
  • Options
    Slowly does it. Need to bat for a week to allow TC to recover from bowling 40 overs...
  • Options
    Burns c Malan b Rayner 19. 40-1.
  • Options
    Harinath lbw b Rayner. 41-2.

I saw Rayner bowl brilliantly at The Oval a few years back, looks like he's doing it again.
  • Options
    I think I cursed Burns this season. Every year my pick for who will have a good season ends up disappointing.

Last year Dunn was my pick. This year Burns.. ffs. I'll be right one day!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sangakkara c Murtagh b Rayner 14. 62-3.
  • Options
    Tea 68-3.
  • Options
    Davies c Stirling b Murtagh 10. 69-4.
  • Options
    When the bowling works the batting doesn't. When the batting works the bowling doesn't. FFS
  • Options
    I'm risking sounding like a broken record here but seriously we need Wilson in this 11.

Some grit and determination would help us no end here. He has more staying power than most of our top 8 combined..
  • Options
    Roy c Robson b Malan 47. 129-5.

Big problems now.
  • Options
    Burke lbw b Roland-Jones 1. 130-6.

I think the phrase rhymes with 'clucking bell'.
  • Options
    Blimey we need something pretty exceptional from Foakes here...
  • Options
    Stumps 134-6, Foakes 22* Curan 0*.
  • Options
    Sorry for my absence yesterday - I had my final exam and then some post-exam revelry.

So yesterday wasn't great either for us. All out for 242, with only Foakes (59*) providing any meaningful resistance and Ollie Rayner running riot with figures of 6-79. Middlesex enforced the follow-on, and at least this time we kept our heads. Burns (57*) and Harinath (37*) saw us through the rest of the day, and going into the final day we trail by 55 runs with all 10 wickets in hand. But we'll still have to dig deep to avoid another defeat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The good news is it's raining.
  • Options
    No play at all so far. Thanks very much for the rain dance Fanny!
  • Options
    Match drawn after no play was possible on the final day.
  • Options
    Top stuff.. great result..
  • Options
    First t20 of the summer for us tonight it's on sky. Against Essex at Chelmsford.

Bopara won the toss and bowled. Davies out for 1 off 5 balls. It's not looking good for us already.

We are really gonna miss Ansari his absence just affects the balance of the side. Also gonna miss Dernbach as he is so good in this format. Also don't have any extra overseas player until the end of the IPL.
  • Options
    Roy and Sanga have got us back on track. 29-1 off 3.
  • Options
    Lovely straight drive from Jase. Absolutely gorgeous proper cricket shot.
  • Options
    Sanga sends Napiers first ball into someone's garden!
  • Options
    Wahab Riaz on to bowl at Jase
  • Options
    First ball four. Love that man!