Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Driving across town to the m4

2»

Comments

• Options
    I did bristol - aldgate - bristol 4 times a week for two years

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger (I hate the m4)
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited June 2014
    Got to pick up some relatives at Heathrow 7pm on Wednesday driving from Lee....Should I go M25 or through London, usually go past The Oval, Battersea Bridge, Hammersmith Flyover when I do it.
  • Options
    Nug said:

Got to pick up some relatives at Heathrow 7pm on Wednesday driving from Lee....Should I go M25 or through London, usually go past The Oval, Battersea Bridge, Westway when I do it.

Offer to pay for their cab. Save yourself six hours of your life you'll never get back.

• Options
    Nug said:

Got to pick up some relatives at Heathrow 7pm on Wednesday driving from Lee....Should I go M25 or through London, usually go past The Oval, Battersea Bridge, Hammersmith Flyover when I do it.

I'd go M25 every time, the getting there might be a struggle ( a lot better now they've opened up the Sevenoaks to Gatwick stretch)
    however, the Heathrow to Lee bit will be the (much) least stressful, and quicker on the way back.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Nug.
    You dip in and out of the south circular and from the west side of Clapham common you fiddle around to Battersea Bridge.

Lee
    Ladywell
    Honor Oak/One Tree Hill
    Hornimans and South Circ
    Tulse Hill
    Christchurch Road then Clapham Common
    Follow A4 signs from there but you want Battersea Bridge
    Cheyne Walk, then follow the drag up past Earls Court
    Left onto the A4 and you're there.

I have done the Oval/Vauxhall one a lot, but I reckon Battersea Bridge route is better, particularly coming back. The road up and down past Earls Court is a bit slow but tends to keep moving, you have to be a bit Zen there as it's unavoidable.

Do the M25 if you reckon it will be clear and your car engine needs a bit of a run, also less in petrol, but usually more in time and distance. And it is boring.

Wait on the services on the M4 and get your relatives to bell you when they're through the formalities (use a pay phone if need be) and collect them at the Terminal pick up put down place.
  • Options
    Thanks all
  • Options
    In any other country you'd get the train and relax. But in any other country it wouldn't cost all of your wages to do that.
  • Options
    Wdnt catch me on the south circular.. :)
  • Options
    razil said:

Wdnt catch me on the south circular.. :)

Then you're driving too fast. ;0)

• Options
    edited June 2014
    talking about that, had a an X5 plod come up behind me when i was doing 80ish, do they carry cameras for tickets? anyway he went past then pulled off, didn't pull me over
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The south circular is a drag at Catford and Forest Hill, and then Wandsworth, but you can cut that out via One Tree Hill and it isn't so bad.
  • Options
    razil said:

talking about that, had a an X5 plod come up behind me when i was doing 80ish, do they carry cameras for tickets? anyway he went past then pulled off

You should be flattered he found you so attractive
  • Options
    razil said:

talking about that, had a an X5 plod come up behind me when i was doing 80ish, do they carry cameras for tickets? anyway he went past then pulled off, didn't pull me over

You will soon find out. Keep an eye on your mail.
  • Options
    Just seen there is a cab driver strike tomorrow expecting to cause "traffic chaos", looks like M25 it is then to Heathrow