Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

so the first act to play at the re-opened Dome will be...

Bon Jovi on 24 June. Bit of an anti-climax, eh?

Comments

• Options
    Keep the faith
  • Options
    eh???? I bought justin timberlake tickets purely on the fact that it was the first one!!!! what a farce.
  • Options
    I have Take That tickets...;o)

(purely to take the missus you understand !!)
  • Options
    tried to get them... no luck.
  • Options
    my wife is still searching for Take That tickets on a daily basis. If anyone hears of any that come up, please let me know as i would be likely to stay in the good books forever !
  • Options
    Patience
  • Options
    Bon Jovi were supposed to be the first at Wembley (they were the last to play there too).
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]tried to get them... no luck.
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]my wife is still searching for Take That tickets on a daily basis. If anyone hears of any that come up, please let me know as i would be likely to stay in the good books forever !

Bit the bullet and bought from e-bay, paid £300 for 4x £50 tickets. Just looked again and there are four for £220 "buy now" on there! GRRRRRRRR!
    Item number: 200098634497
  • Options
    so bon jovi were the last band to play wembley stadium (i know because unfortunatley i was there) and now they're the first band to open the o2.

what the hell is going on?

why can't they get good english/british bands to open / close these arena's?!?!

although, just had a thought, if they're playing the o2 then, thats a good chance that they won't be able to get to somerset to play glastonbury. still nervous they're in the country tho!!!!!! eek!
  • Options
    lol suzi
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]my wife is still searching for Take That tickets on a daily basis. If anyone hears of any that come up, please let me know as i would be likely to stay in the good books forever !

try ebay nearer the time? i might be on the look out myself if the price is right so will let you know.
  • Options
    i'm a bit worried of going down the ebay route, bearing in mind the tickets don't normally get sent out to a few days in advance, there is always the fear you won't then get them forwarded on to you in time.

cheers Suzi
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]

what the hell is going on?

why can't they get good english/british bands to open / close these arena's?!?!!

Well, as far as the O2 goes, Anschutz is as American as apple pie and saluting the flag, so they're hardly likely to give a monkey's about promoting local talent.

The "club venue" for smaller acts in the Dome intrigues me - who are they going to get to play there?
  • Options

mate, I bought mine on ebay and paid £75 each (£50 face value) for the saturday night at the Dome....if you look carefully there are hundreds on there and look at the ones with not much sale time left on them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Eltham_addick[/cite]

mate, I bought mine on ebay and paid £75 each (£50 face value) for the saturday night at the Dome....if you look carefully there are hundreds on there and look at the ones with not much sale time left on them.

Mate you should of give her £75 and said "take that and go on your own"
  • Options
    First act to play the indigo venue at the O2 will be Jools Holland

Jools at the Dome again
  • Options
    are the rolling stones supposed to be playing the dome?
  • Options
    Yeah, and the gig is sold out
  • Options
    So what band or singer is actually opening the dome, as the website dont make sense? its got U2, scissors take that and some others i aint heard of, sort out there website rothko?
  • Options
    I wish I could O.

Bon Jovi are opening the O2 arena, and Jools Holland is opening the Indigo club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh, so the indigo club is differnt from the dome, is it like inside it then or something like that? is it a night club then this indgio??
  • Options
    Yeah, it's a smaller venue inside the dome, the O2 is the 25,000 seat arena, and the Indigo is a 2,500 seat music venue in there.

Along with the 11 screen cinema, exhibtion space and 20 odd bars and restruants.
  • Options
    is all the bars and stuff open now? or is all opening around the time jon jovi or whatever his name is plays his opening set?
  • Options
    Opens up in late June/July. Hopefully all the riverside stuff will be ready this summer as well
  • Options
    LEDGE, CANT WAIT FOR THAT, ITS ABOUT TIME THEY MADE SOMETHING GOOD OUT OF IT! (shitcaps!)

As i work just a gob away from the dome, it will be better for lunchtime shenanighans!
  • Options
    aye, good place to go as you get off the tube as well, going to be a good starting place for England games at Wembley
  • Options
    so are bon jovi supporting some one or how else are they opening?

it should be phrased, bon jovi are the 1st headline act to play the o2. unless he hasn't got any support, and then carry on as you were.
  • Options
    You missed your vocation as an English teacher.
  • Options
    For those interested in the take that tickets. Ive just got two for Mrs carlsbergs birthday off eBay. And i won the bid at 130 quid witch isn't bad as the tickets i got have a face value of 49 quid. Wasn't worth the ultra high pitched scream my ears had to suffer when she realised tho.
    I strongly recommend going on there on a Sunday night.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]Bon Jovi on 24 June. Bit of an anti-climax, eh?[/quote]

Yeah, an internationally known multi-platinum selling act. Bummer eh?

Should've got one of those shite British flash in the pan Indie bands that nobody will remember in 2 years time to do it instead.