Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Town Centres - Ones to Avoid!

Comments

• Options

Lowestoft - shit hole

Wtf is Lowestoft about? A totally bizarre place.
  • Options
    Chelmsford isn't too bad... Bits I'd avoid at pub chucking out (and this is despite the place being an identikit town centre with nothing original about it)... Colchester is ok apart from the high street, which is like 28 Days later... But Hatfield town centre looks like it's in the grip of the plague
  • Options
    Reading
  • Options
    Not sure where this is (reminds me a little of a part of Cambridge?), but looks like a decent place -

https://youtu.be/xOHY8ZyK0Aw

Lol
  • Options

Lowestoft - shit hole

Tbf, the place had it heart ripped out when most of its fishing fleet went out of business, but I lived just down the road in Oulton Broad and Lowestoft has always been a funny old joint
  • Options
    At the moment Sittingbourne! It’s like a giant car park.
  • Options
    lolwray said:

Top three hates: Blackburn. Luton. Croydon. Living near to Hastings, the Old Town is great. The "new" town a shithole. Weirdly the scum don't go anywhere near the Old Town . There is an invisible border that they don't cross for some reason.

St Leonards seems to be improving of late.
    Never known an area like Hastings and st leonards for dog shite ...like a game of hopscotch....a particular dog doo blackspot is around marine court / st leonards gardens
    Dog ownership is very high in Hastings area, however that is no excuse for people not clearing up, I noticed that there are actually free dog poo bag dispensers in the Old Town.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    onthe99 said:

Croydon said:

Whats wrong with Crawley town centre?

What's right with it. Place is a toilet.
    Seriously, what precisely offends you so much?
    Croydon just hasn't had the pleasure of running through the Queen's Square fountains with wanton abandon
    That is an interesting point.....''What precisely offends you so much''?....not particularly directed at any individual.
  • Options

Lowestoft - shit hole

Tbf, the place had it heart ripped out when most of its fishing fleet went out of business, but I lived just down the road in Oulton Broad and Lowestoft has always been a funny old joint
    My previous car's sat nav always pronounced it Lovs Toft.
  • Options
    Hastings not to bad ,been here over 30 years.Old town full of wannabe hipsters but ok for a night out.St Leonard's bed sit land so bound to attract the wrong sorts.Upper St Leonard's is ok
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you saw the guy on the bike attack the feller in the car with a machete recently then welcome to London road West Croydon which is the Pits.
    The Mayday hospital is in that road so victims can get help quickly after being mugged or attacked.

West Croydon: shocking
    Central Croydon: grim
    South Croydon: beautiful with some of the nicest people you could ever meet.
  • Options
    Northampton. Once you've done the pound shops you're a bit stuffed, to be honest.
  • Options

If you saw the guy on the bike attack the feller in the car with a machete recently then welcome to London road West Croydon which is the Pits.
    The Mayday hospital is in that road so victims can get help quickly after being mugged or attacked.

Sanderstead is nice, but the South End strip has some absolute creatures come Friday/Saturday night

• Options
    Croydon said:

Sanderstead is nice, but the South End strip has some absolute creatures come Friday/Saturday night

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    But Sanderstead doesn't even have a pub.
  • Options
    That reminds me - Croydon and Blackpool.

; )
  • Options

Hastings not to bad ,been here over 30 years.Old town full of wannabe hipsters but ok for a night out.St Leonard's bed sit land so bound to attract the wrong sorts.Upper St Leonard's is ok

Fair comments.....only been down here 8 years (Clive Vale), just 10 mins walk from Old Town, which we absolutely love, music, pubs, restaurants and all those events. We certainly ain't hipsters though.
  • Options

Fair comments.....only been down here 8 years (Clive Vale), just 10 mins walk from Old Town, which we absolutely love, music, pubs, restaurants and all those events. We certainly ain't hipsters though.
    think Hastings old town is great and despite the dog doo I love Burton St Leonards ...my other halfs stepfather used to own Marine Court and she lived in the Clockhouse backing onto St Leonards Gardens when she was young ..some fantastic Architecture in that part
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    lolwray said:

think Hastings old town is great and despite the dog doo I love Burton St Leonards ...my other halfs stepfather used to own Marine Court and she lived in the Clockhouse backing onto St Leonards Gardens when she was young ..some fantastic Architecture in that part
    Certainly is.....and dead right the Old Town is great, can't beat a Sunday afternoon down there, so much live music amongst other things.
  • Options

gillingham
    blackburn
    bexleyheath has been decimated to a shithole in recent years

Been said before on here, but to include Bexleyheath on here is totally and utterly ridiculous. As an example even locally it is not as bad as Dartford, Gravesend, Plumstead and Welling. Get a grip FFS.
    I have to say after growing up in Bexley and moving away years ago (now live in Weybridge, Surrey with my family) I came back recently and was shocked when i popped to Bexleyheath to pick up a couple of bits from the shops. And even more shocked when i went through Bexley Village.

Dont know if its me romanticising it in my childhood memories, but they were nothing like I remembered them
  • Options

gillingham
    blackburn

Been said before on here, but to include Bexleyheath on here is totally and utterly ridiculous. As an example even locally it is not as bad as Dartford, Gravesend, Plumstead and Welling. Get a grip FFS.
    I have to say after growing up in Bexley and moving away years ago (now live in Weybridge, Surrey with my family) I came back recently and was shocked when i popped to Bexleyheath to pick up a couple of bits from the shops. And even more shocked when i went through Bexley Village.

Dont know if its me romanticising it in my childhood memories, but they were nothing like I remembered them
    What shocked you about Bexleyheath?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh and Hastings
  • Options

Croydon said:

Correct - The spoons in Selsdon is what keeps Sanderstead so nice!
  • Options

Croydon said:

Think it was a quaker area so no pubs. Bit like a part of Catford for the same reason.
  • Options

Croydon said:

Think it was a quaker area so no pubs. Bit like a part of Catford for the same reason.
    Well it's a shit town for a pub crawl.
  • Options
    Camborne, Nuneaton and Luton.
  • Options
    ...and Newport.
  • Options
    ...and Blackpool.
  • Options
    Lancing is pretty grim .
  • Options

gillingham
    blackburn

as a resident i'm entitled to my opinions ta, this is based on having my car damaged twice in a month deliberately and my next door neighbour being racially abused for telling the little fuckers to stop sitting on her wall.
  • Options

Lancing is pretty grim .

Especially a boil.