Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP Rik Mayall

Comments

• Options
    Blimey that's a shock.

RIP
  • Options
    Wow

Unreal to see this I used to cry laughing at bottom

Rip
  • Options
    Alan Bastard----comic genius
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I think he had a charisma that is hard to explain. The best I can do is observe that he could say something that wasn’t all that funny and it became very funny just because he said it. He could say nothing and was funny by giving a gormless stare. Very unfair he was taken so soon. A comedy hero.

I was a fan of Bottom too and he and Adrian Edmonson had a fantastic chemistry in the Bottom live shows. I feel priviledged to have seen a couple of those! RIP Richard Richard.
  • Options

didnt he have a very serious accident a few years back an atv fell on top of him or something

RIP

Quad bike accident. Was that him or Edmonson?
  • Options
    Terrible news. When I first saw the Young Ones it was with four other students in a disgusting room in a disgusting house with mouldy food crawling off the plates and you could get stoned just walking in the front door.

I couldn't believe they'd got it so right.

RIP Wik.
  • Options
    RIP to a mad genius.
  • Options
    Rip Rick legend of comedy
  • Options
    Terrible news, I am absolutely gutted to hear this. The Young ones and Bottom were brilliant, pure genius.
  • Options
    A big "NOOOOO !" from me.

RIP, Rik.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    He was very good in Man Down as well. I had read that a second series was expected, but there is no way they'll be able to do it without him.

A real shock.
  • Options

He was very good in Man Down as well. I had read that a second series was expected, but there is no way they'll be able to do it without him.

A real shock.

Great shout that Clem. He was absolute quality in that.
  • Options
    A real sad story. Incredibly funny man who brought a real enthusiasm to every role he took.

I still occasionally watch Bottom because it's such an easy thing to watch and there's always a giggle. I was a bit young for the Young Ones and some of his other stuff but also enjoyed Blackadder whenever he cropped up.

When you look at modern "comedians" you do have to wonder who and what what we will b talking about in 20 years time
  • Options
    Trick or bloody treat?
  • Options
    According to someone on radio four his health went down badly after the quad bike accident.

RIP
  • Options

According to someone on radio four his health went down badly after the quad bike accident.

RIP

I had a look on You Tube earlier and there is an interview with Nick Owen about the quad bike incident.

I won't put the link up but there is a very poignant line about when he felt a spot of rain on his arm.

RIP
  • Options
    Way too young.

R.I.P Rick.
  • Options
    Apologies for adding a c to Rik in previous post, don't know how to change it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very sad. The Young Ones was one of my favourite comedy shows.
  • Options
    RIP. Loved Flash Heart. Ade Edmonson would have stacked shelves in Tesco had he not met Rik.
  • Options
    RIP

...and punks and skins and rastas will all gather round and hold their hands in sorrow for their fallen leader. And all the grown-ups will say, "But why are the kids crying?" And the kids will say, "Haven't you heard? Rick is dead! The People's Poet is dead!"
  • Options
    Gutted. The Young Ones was great, Bottom was a tad too slapstick for my tastes, but I adored The New Statesman. And Flashheart stole whatever episode of Blackadder he appeared in. RIP.
  • Options

RIP

I think it was Lawrence Marks (but it could have been Maurice Gran).

Very sad news. He was in some excellent programmes. I think my favourite is probable A Fistful of Travellers Cheques.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da1e8zXGLqc
  • Options
    RIP. The Young Ones is one of my favourite TV Comedy Shows. Comedy legend.
  • Options
    Very sad news indeed. One of my comic heroes.
  • Options
    Drop dead Fred came out the same time my grandad died his name was Fred

I went to see it and laughed so much it was the tonic I needed to pick me up at a shit time for a teenager
  • Options
    Crop rotation in the 14th century was considerably......

RIP