Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sordell on good morning Britain

2»

Comments

• Options

Greenie said:

Nothing like some casual racism on a Friday

FFS Theres always one, isn' there.....!

To be honest, I just wanted to be the first and to be awkward.

The fact that the geezer in original picture looks nothing like Sordell, and the ref looks nothing like Zhi....I can only assume that 'they all look the same'
    Pretty sure Bukshee was, in no way, being racist. The guy genuinely does look a bit like Sordell and I can understand why someone might think it was him.

I am pretty sure that Bukshee was in no way intending to be racist either. But then again, the guy in the North stand didn't intend to either;

http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/59664/evina-tweeting-about-home-fans-racist-abuse/p1

What is racist is the song Millwall sing about Sordell. I don't know how they get away with that . Racism exists in society, so yes, it will spill over into football. Football fans aren't racists because they like football, they are a racist who also likes football. Football has done more for anti-racism campaigns than any other sport in this country.

What have Millwall got to do with it?
  • Options

Greenie said:

The fact that the geezer in original picture looks nothing like Sordell, and the ref looks nothing like Zhi....I can only assume that 'they all look the same'
    Pretty sure Bukshee was, in no way, being racist. The guy genuinely does look a bit like Sordell and I can understand why someone might think it was him.

I am pretty sure that Bukshee was in no way intending to be racist either. But then again, the guy in the North stand didn't intend to either;

http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/59664/evina-tweeting-about-home-fans-racist-abuse/p1

What is racist is the song Millwall sing about Sordell. I don't know how they get away with that . Racism exists in society, so yes, it will spill over into football. Football fans aren't racists because they like football, they are a racist who also likes football. Football has done more for anti-racism campaigns than any other sport in this country.

What has the racist shout got to do with it?
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

What has the racist shout got to do with it?
    Well, according to many on here (depending on which direction the 'racism' is being aimed) it is the content / receeption that is important, not the intent
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Think Im_Jordans_Cousin is trying the get out of the hole he dug himself
  • Options
    Roy's in it with him
  • Options
    Ive no idea what he's on about.
  • Options
    How have I dug a hole? People just want to have a moan because the DP and RD moaning has been done to death.

My comment about casual racism was tongue in cheek - I know that it was not intended that way.

Having said that, when does a comment become racist... is it the intent or how it is perceived by the recipient?
  • Options

What a bizarre thread.

As a precaution we are going to ban everyone who has posted on this thread for potential racism associations, apart from I'm Jordans Cousin. Who we are going to ban for being a lettuce.

Ban away.... although as mod - when does a comment become racist?

• Options
    I am buckshee's brother in law and I can say he is not racist,only when he talks to me!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hey, the ref is not Chinese!

Anyway, hilarious thread.
  • Options
    I wonder what Badly Drawn Boy makes of all this?