Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Philips Stayen Cup - Charlton v Standard Liege

Comments

• Options
    Hope we thrash Liege in the final
  • Options

Hope we thrash Liege in the final

Doesn't seem to be a final, however we play STVV in the 'gala' game which was due to be the final
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Do we get free entry into the network player pool auction after?

Its like travelling to the US, you pack nothing in your suitcase, pack it up with clothing bargains and end up up sitting on your suitcase to fit it all in on the way back!
  • Options
    Does anyone know if you can drink while watching in Belgium?
  • Options
    I picked up this off one of the Belgian journos on Twitter.

http://www.dhnet.be/sports/football/division1/standard/duchatelet-il-n-est-plus-question-de-vendre-le-standard-539adc0b3570d60b4dc6eea7#.U5rjyJ3pmOU.twitter

Duchâtelet announced that he was no longer sell the Standard!

Philips Stayen Cup will take place on 5 and 6 July in Saint-Trond, putting the decision Charlton, Alcorcon, Standard, Carl Zeiss Jena, Ujpest and Saint-Trond, or 6 clubs that have a link with Roland Duchâtelet. If we have learned that the Standard would face Sint-Truiden at 20:30 to 21:30 and Charlton in quick succession on Saturday in opposition to 45 minutes, it is mostly a small sentence Roland Duchâtelet who did fly!

So when we asked him where was the record of the sale of the Standard, the sedge President replied "There is no question of sale." Before specifying the possible takeover of the club Bari was "pure fantasy". Four clubs to preside, it seems sufficient to Roland Duchâtelet, which therefore lies in Charlton, Alcorcon, Carl Ziss Jena and Standard. For now at least ...

• Options
    good price
  • Options
    Tempting but at that price I think I might stay en for this one.
  • Options
    if we are playing one 45 minute match and one 90 minute match, it is not a cup or tournament
  • Options
    If Belgium is anything like Holland in regard to football-matches you can drink alcohol and smoke in the stand at the same time. I'm looking forward to this weekend as it is just over a 2 hour drive away from us. 1 thing re Standard; their season starts the 25th of July. Could be the reason why Charlton will be playing in the final.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If Belgium is anything like Holland in regard to football-matches you can drink alcohol and smoke in the stand at the same time. I'm looking forward to this weekend as it is just over a 2 hour drive away from us. 1 thing re Standard; their season starts the 25th of July. Could be the reason why Charlton will be playing in the final.

Would not of thought so that's 19 days after the final, long enough to recover from one game lol
  • Options
    Don't think i can make it but i don't really care if it seems sad, if we win, im calling it another European trophy success for the Mighty Addicks, we can put it next to that cup from a few seasons back against that dutch team. :-)
  • Options
    That travel & accom. package is well priced.
    However, is there not the option of youth (12-25) that you usually get when travelling on Eurostar?
  • Options
    The fact that we are playing St Trudi in a 90 min match and not Standard as the main show off team does that mean RD is liking us more !
  • Options

Don't think i can make it but i don't really care if it seems sad, if we win, im calling it another European trophy success for the Mighty Addicks, we can put it next to that cup from a few seasons back against that dutch team. :-)

Ah yes The Peoples Cup won that then went on to win the league, can we repeat that :-)
  • Options
    http://www.philipsstayencup.com/en

Love the picture they have of us, Jacko's great celebration
  • Options
    noooooooooooooooo we better win it the looser gets to keep Thurman De Flapper
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The one weekend during the whole summer I can't make!! Shame as Gibraltar was quality last year.
  • Options
    Timings are a real bugger what with the clash with the WC QF and the late finish on Sunday meaning taking an extra day off work.

And means I can't take Henry Jnr as he has School on Monday.

Plus I'll have to spend a weekend with Addickted and Imissthepeanutman going on about world war one.

Decisions, descisions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    at a 50th on the Saturday... so kind of glad, as would be sorely tempted.
  • Options
    live on sky...
  • Options
    Will tickets make general sale?
  • Options
    Why no Huddersfield or Oxford? Anyway, we won't 'Stayen' the Cup - we'll be knocked out in the first round.
  • Options
    Tour de France weekend up in these parts. Have committed to that now.
  • Options
    I want to book now, not email them and wait for a response! Come on Roly, I have money to give you!

In all seriousness, that package looks really good. A real shame about the timing of the announcement, 3 weeks or so before. That said, only one day off work required!
  • Options
    A sign of Duchatelet's commercial nous as well here getting a big brand like Philips on board to sponsor it. Seems obvious but Charlton have been lacking that for a few years now.
  • Options
    The World Cup

......Roland's world
  • Options
    Would have been a good excuse to visit Belgium but as with Henry - the late Sunday finish and School on Monday for my wife and son probably messes it up.