Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Philips Stayen Cup - Charlton v Standard Liege

Comments

• Options
    Copenhagen is a beautiful city mind.
  • Options
    The wording to the email I received was slightly different, but I hadn't even thought that I could be one of less than 20! I assumed it meant 20 people per group, not per club!!

Regarding the spelling and grammar in the emails; I wouldn't be so harsh. The email address for the Philips Cup goes to Ujpest FC in Hungary, where it's then sent to a travel agents back in Belgium.. no idea why. So it's most likely some poor chap at Ujpest typing them out.
  • Options

Oh yes whilst I am on a roll.

We are now 'participants', that is a new one from customers!

Could mean we are struggling to get a starting 11.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

The wording to the email I received was slightly different, but I hadn't even thought that I could be one of less than 20! I assumed it meant 20 people per group, not per club!!

Regarding the spelling and grammar in the emails; I wouldn't be so harsh. The email address for the Philips Cup goes to Ujpest FC in Hungary, where it's then sent to a travel agents back in Belgium.. no idea why. So it's most likely some poor chap at Ujpest typing them out.

If that is the case I will take it back, my hungarian is a bit shaky I have to say!
  • Options
    Just booked up on the megabus.com £58 return, leaving 21.00 on the Friday night from London Victoria and returning Monday at 14.00 from Brussels. Train from Brussels to St Truiden for £9 and hotel £96 for twin room for two nights.
  • Options

Just booked up on the megabus.com £58 return, leaving 21.00 on the Friday night from London Victoria and returning Monday at 14.00 from Brussels. Train from Brussels to St Truiden for £9 and hotel £96 for twin room for two nights.

Well done, Jack !

We've decided to push the boat out & spend 3 nights in the Bath area taking in the Swindon game and Pompey on the way back to Kent.

• Options
    Addickted said:

To be honest £275 is asking a lot.

Our Eurotunnel fare is £124 and the Hotel is £152 for two nights - and that's for three of us.

£113 and £144 here - again for three of us - and petrol of course!
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Addickted said:

To be honest £275 is asking a lot.

Our Eurotunnel fare is £124 and the Hotel is £152 for two nights - and that's for three of us.

£113 and £144 here - again for three of us - and petrol of course!
    Not even considered the bar bill or the 200 yard walk back to our hotel

http://www.brouwerijwilderen.be/index.php/en/brewery-wilderen-en/brewery-cafe
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    whereabouts is everyone staying the Saturday night? Could be a great atmo around the place as looks like Belgim could be playing in the quarters that day!
  • Options
    Looks like this will be live on the CAFC YouTube page. They've got two "events" set up, one for each day of the tournament.
  • Options
    I know its not likely to sell out (unless Hungarian and German ultras fancy an expedition), but can the match tickets be bought in advance? Charlton website refers to prices, but no indication of actually selling tickets.
  • Options
    Mike said:

whereabouts is everyone staying the Saturday night? Could be a great atmo around the place as looks like Belgim could be playing in the quarters that day!

So could England!...Oh.
  • Options
    Latest email:

Due to the fact that we did not receive more than 15 inquiries (and this is mandatory to receive group prices) for the package ‘Phillips Stayen Cup’ we unfortunately have to give a negative respons to your booking inquiry.

If you would like to travel individually, please let us know and we can work out individual itineraries. Our sincerest apologies for this inconvenience.

I'd given up anyway but 10 days' notice is too little notice to arrange something on the cheap. 15 inquiries from all of our supporters is pitiful.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Latest email:

Due to the fact that we did not receive more than 15 inquiries (and this is mandatory to receive group prices) for the package ‘Phillips Stayen Cup’ we unfortunately have to give a negative respons to your booking inquiry.

If you would like to travel individually, please let us know and we can work out individual itineraries. Our sincerest apologies for this inconvenience.

I'd given up anyway but 10 days' notice is too little notice to arrange something on the cheap. 15 inquiries from all of our supporters is pitiful.

What did you expect them to do though, cancel the whole thing early doors before seeing how many fans committed? Lose lose situation for the club
  • Options
    but 3000 are making their own way there !!!
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

RedPanda said:

Latest email:

What did you expect them to do though, cancel the whole thing early doors before seeing how many fans committed? Lose lose situation for the club
    Huh? I don’t understand your bit about ‘cancelling early doors’. Cancel before offering the deal? Then there’d be nothing to cancel.

I merely stated that I had given up the idea of going, and to look at alternative means to the club’s deal would now be very expensive. I’m sure we’ll be back in Belgium soon and hopefully with more notice, it’s not a big deal.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

RedPanda said:

Latest email:

But shaft the fans that signed up and may now have to pay a lot more money to go independantly, very poor.
  • Options
    I doubt I'll be going now. Seemed hassle free and quite painless, a couple of nights in a hotel and a first look at our new team..

The package provided a lot of simplicity, especially for someone who was gonna go along alone! If it was such a small number of enquiries I dare say most of us were in a similar boat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was interested because it was hassle free. I would have been alone, and to have everything laid on in a package seemed great. The late notice that a package was available could not have helped though, think it was announced only three weeks before the weekend of the tournament.
  • Options
    Seeing as the 'offical' tour is now off - I do have room in the car for one more person if you want to PM me.

Leaving Maidstone at about 8.00am on Saturday driving straight to St Truiden. Home again on the Monday - aiming to get back to Maidstone about 6/7pm ish dependant on how the day goes.

Hotel spaces are still available in St Truiden - I can contact the place we're staying at if interested.

Cost would be share of Eurotunnel crossing and share of diesel costs. Probably total about £50/60 at most.
  • Options
    Can anyone who's going inbox me
  • Options
    Are they showing the highlights after the World Cup?
  • Options
    Anybody know if there will be no problems buying tickets on the day i.e. the ground wont be full up.
  • Options
    This is being streamed on our official Youtube channel, both the games, 45 vs SL and the 90 v STVV.
  • Options

This is being streamed on our official Youtube channel, both the games, 45 vs SL and the 90 v STVV.

Thanks for letting us no, looking forward to seeing how we get on

• Options
    I've looked at purchasing tickets is it a case of booking and pick up on the day?
  • Options

I've looked at purchasing tickets is it a case of booking and pick up on the day?

I'm going to pay on the day. It's not going to sell out.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Charlton squad for it:

Zak Ansah, André Bikey-Amougou, Yoni Buyens, Simon Church, Jordan Cousins, Tomasz Cywka, Kadell Daniel, Morgan Fox, Joe Gomez, Callum Harriott, Johnnie Jackson, Harry Lennon, Dimitar Mitov (gk), Michael Morrison, Franck Moussa, Jack Munns, Loic Nego, Piotr Parzyszek, Dillon Phillips (gk), Joe Pigott, Nick Pope (gk), Chris Solly, Igor Vetokele, Rhoys Wiggins, Lawrie Wilson.

Andre Bikey and Tomasz Cywka jump out from the list.