Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England vs Italy

Can't wait, so much drama so far loads of goals.
Got to be a 0-0 banker.

Comments

• Options
    One nil us lallana
  • Options
    Hart
    Johnson Cahill Jagielka Baines

Henderson Gerrard

Lallana Rooney Barkley

Sturridge

Sterling main asset is his sprinting and we don't want him getting knackered early in the match. He will make the biggest impact against tired defenders. Bring him on with 20 mins to go.

Reckon we'll win 1-0. Goal in the middleish of the second half.
  • Options
    Either 0-0 or 1-1.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I think we need to go at them from kick off and get an early goal. They'll have no option but to open up and attack us then and we can finish them off late in the game with Sterling and Barkley. Buffon could be out for this game.
  • Options
    Neither team can afford to lose so caution will prevail. 0 - 0

I said the same about Spain v Netherlands
  • Options

Neither team can afford to lose so caution will prevail. 0 - 0

I said the same about Spain v Netherlands

I thought Spain v Netherlands would be a cautious 0-0
  • Options
    England to win 2-1... Reckon Hodgson was gonna play Welbeck and now after seeing what pace can do in this competition is gonna go with Sterling and try to hit Italy on the counter-attack (kinda like what Holland did against Spain last night).

One thing that worries me though is the attention Pirlo has been getting... We've made it pretty obvious we see him as our No.1 threat and they're just gonna plan for that (even if it means making Pirlo a dummy player and having someone else pulling the strings that we're not prepared for)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Rumour in the last hour is that Sterling is starting.

This is the team (apparently)

Hart
    Johnson
    Cahill
    Jagielka
    Baines
    Henderson
    Gerrard
    Lallana
    Rooney
    Sterling
    Sturridge
  • Options
    Reckon he'll start with Welbeck
  • Options
    Buffon confirmed as out on BBC!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Buffon confirmed as out on BBC!

Yeah i saw that. Still unconfirmed. It Will be a big psychological blow for Italy if he's isn't playing.
  • Options
    I'll get up at 6am to watch the game live. Have been looking forward to it all week. Good luck England. Hope you get a win.
  • Options

I'll get up at 6am to watch the game live. Have been looking forward to it all week. Good luck England. Hope you get a win.

What has happened to China? Seem to have been pumping money into football but have regressed?
  • Options
    Confirmed he's out
  • Options
    Good
  • Options
    Sticking to my early prediction, we will win 1-0, Sturridge with the goal in the first half.
  • Options
    5-1 England
  • Options
    2-0 England
  • Options
    Buffon confirmed as out.

Sirigu comes in - decent enough goalie at PSG but lose a lot of experience.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Isn't Buffon the captain as well?
  • Options
    LOL!! Everyone rightly had their expectations in check leading up to this World Cup as we are simply an average side by WC standards. And now in match day 1-0, 2-0, 3-1 England etc. Being realistic I would be utterly delighted with a draw. Teams with Johnson, Jagielka and Cahill in defence don't generally trouble the worlds best. We shall see.
  • Options
    Italy's back up choices to Buffon are not great. We need test the replacement.
  • Options

Good

Classless
  • Options
    Loss of an experienced keeper (and at a time when the cliched impenetrable defence is surprisingly porous anyway) and we won't get much of a better chance to beat Italy fair and square, they will be a good attacking unit but I think we can handle it. 1- or 2-0 to us I think though this being England I am expecting us to make it as nervy as possible for fans.
  • Options
    Looking forward to the goal line technology being used again. It's been decision making after each goal so far.

I wonder if the foam spray technology will become regular over here. Could be sponsored by Gillette.
  • Options
    Lost interest in England football a few years ago but about a week before the tournament started I was getting really excited!
    I reckon we can smash Italy tonight- 4-1
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Good

Classless
    Absolutely great news
  • Options
    Marchisio could tear Glen Johnson apart if we're not careful tonight.