Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England vs Italy

Comments

• Options
    Done a cheeky treble on Columbia, Uruguay and Italy
  • Options

Neither team can afford to lose so caution will prevail. 0 - 0

I said the same about Spain v Netherlands

I said exactly the same for both games. Will end up 4-4 now.
  • Options
    Sirigu is a great keeper but Buffon will be a big loss for Italy. Got a feeling we can do this, De Sciglio is also out which probably means Chiellini will go across to left back, depriving them of their best defender in his best position. Barzagli and Bonucci are good players but hopefully Sturridge/Sterling/Lallana can cause them a lot of problems. Marchisio worries me the most for Italy, although you never know what Balotelli will do.
  • Options

dizzee said:

Good

Classless
    Absolutely great news
    Obviously it is an advantage for us, but I think it's a bit classless to be happy that someone will miss out, and that the best players in the world won't feature in the World Cup.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Done a cheeky treble on Columbia, Uruguay and Italy

Your a Barrio Backstabio
    If you knew my (lack of) betting success you'd realise I'm being loyal to my country
  • Options
    Italy's last result was a 1-1 home draw against the mighty Luxembourg (albeit in a Friendly).

I reckon we'll nick it 1-0
  • Options
    dizzee said:

dizzee said:

Good

Classless
    Absolutely great news
    Obviously it is an advantage for us, but I think it's a bit classless to be happy that someone will miss out, and that the best players in the world won't feature in the World Cup.
    Another easily offended soul. He clearly meant he's happy that England's chances are now slightly enhanced, nothing more. Bore off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Buffon out is a massive psychological boost to the England attacking players. Can see this either being a very high scoring game, or a boring 0-0. But personally I'm thinking it will end 1-1
  • Options
    We'll win 3-0. Sturridge with 2, Lambert with 1.
  • Options
    If that is the starting 11, then I applaud Hodgson, he is being more attacking than I thought he would be
  • Options

If that is the starting 11, then I applaud Hodgson, he is being more attacking than I thought he would be

agree but in usual pessimistic state 3-1 to the blues
  • Options
    dizzee said:

dizzee said:

Good

Classless
    Absolutely great news
    Mate, honestly each to.their own but couldnt give a flying fck if all the top players were out injured, especially if it gives us an advatage to be world champions. Hope Suarez is still injured as well, unless we need him to put in a performace against the Italians.

Could you see the italians giving a toss if sturridge, rooney, or gerrard were out.

• Options

dizzee said:

dizzee said:

Good

Classless
    Absolutely great news
    Mate, honestly each to.their own but couldnt give a flying fck if all the top players were out injured, especially if it gives us an advatage to be world champions. Hope Suarez is still injured as well, unless we need him to put in a performace against the Italians.

Could you see the italians giving a toss if sturridge, rooney, or gerrard were out.

Fair enough, but for me, I like the World Cup to have the worlds best players competing for the ultimate prize.
  • Options
    I'm always ultra negative about England but as this gets closer I am starting to think we'll win this.
  • Options

I'm always ultra negative about England but as this gets closer I am starting to think we'll win this.

This, the last two World Cups i have been negative about England but for some reason this World Cup has got me excited, thinking we could just have a go.

Which means we will now fail to win any of our 3 games. :-(
  • Options
    I may be deluded but if we beat Italy I can see us getting nine points in this group. Uruguay are not a strong side and only just scraped into a qualifying position for the playoffs in qualifying.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2014
    dizzee said:

dizzee said:

Good

Classless
    Absolutely great news
    As I said on another thread, would you want Millwall to sign Messi, Ronaldo and Toure the week before we played them, just so you could " see the worlds best players "?

You can watch Buffon on tele every week on one or other of the sports channels or streams if that floats your boat.
  • Options
    It's no good, in the inner battle between Hope and Experience, I can feel Hope waltzing round the ring taunting Experience at the moment. God help me I'm starting to believe. A bit.
    Unfortunately come 12.45 I can see Hope getting decked by a right hander from bitter Experience, but for the MOMENT, Hope prevails :-)
    Come on England!
  • Options
    We have so much pace in the attack

Hart; Johnson, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines; Gerrard, Henderson; Rooney, Sterling, Welbeck; Sturridge.
  • Options

dizzee said:

dizzee said:

Good

Classless
    Absolutely great news
    As I said on another thread, would you want Millwall to sign Messi, Ronaldo and Toure the week before we played them, just so you could " see the worlds best players "?

You can watch Buffon on tele every other week on one or other of the sports channels or streams if that floats your boat.
    Well that was basically our embarrassing advertising campaign during the PL days.

• Options
    DRAddick said:

dizzee said:

dizzee said:

Good

Classless
    Absolutely great news

You can watch Buffon on tele every other week on one or other of the sports channels or streams if that floats your boat.
    Well that was basically our embarrassing advertising campaign during the PL days.

Well, it's why I went to The Valley... ;-)
  • Options
    ITV saying Sterling has been picked over Lallana. Pick both Roy!
  • Options
    We'll get stuffed 2-0 I expect.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Reckon he'll start with Welbeck

Seems you are right. No Lanalla

• Options
    Diego old man in the studio for the Uruguay game I see...