Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Phil Neville = Rain Man

Doing my swede in...

Comments

• Options
    He's a very good commentator....
  • Options
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

sorry what was that?
  • Options
    MOM -the ref

Wooden spoon - phil neville
  • Options
    What a dullard
  • Options
    If BBC bosses read the "feedback" on twitter he will already be on the plane home and never be seen on there again
  • Options
    I thought he was ok. Rather him than Lawro coming out with the same old cliches and crap all the time. Was impressed with what Rio had to say too.
  • Options
    About a thousand times better than mark lawrenson aka the most miserable person on the planet. Always has something to moan about.
  • Options
    I'm glad it wasn't just me. High pitched, monotone, unemotional voice. I just switched off whenever he spoke.
  • Options
    Michael Owen is worse though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm going to record Phil Neville's commentary from tonight's match and put it onto my iPod.

— Boring Tweeter (@b0ringtweets) June 14, 2014
  • Options
    Poor old Phil. His brother was a significantly better full back and now he's also a significantly better pundit. Never mind Phil, at least your coaching career is going better than Gary's... oh.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

two currant footballers

Two of these? There must be a raisin for it.

I expected to dislike Phil but actually thought he did okay.
  • Options
    Comments were ok but delivery was awful.
  • Options
    Yes, good points but felt more like an open university lecture! It did start to grate a bit I must admit. Strange as his brother is great to listen to.
  • Options
    Why do we have to have two commentators?
    I, like most football supporter, know, who has the ball, scored, fouled, offside, etc. They even tell you how many minutes are left, theres a bloody clock in the top corner.
    I know they are only offering their opinion but why do they have to keep stating the bloody obvious?
    I pressed the red button after 30 minutes and turned the commentary off.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Comments were ok but delivery was awful.

I couldn't have put it better myself.
  • Options
    Why is your delivery awful too?

Boom tish.
  • Options
    I thought I had a boring voice, but he beats me. It's the way he speaks in clusters of six words that fascinates me. Or, is he a computer that has a number of phrases that are randomly generated throughout the game?

To be fair, I thought his comments were OK. He will improve.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They are clearly using him because he sounds a bit like his brother, who is a much better pundit and commentator.

If only we could have John motson and Clive Tyldesley together, with Gary Lineker, Thierry Henry and Gus Poyet in the studio
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

If only we could have John motson and Clive Tyldesley together, with Gary Lineker, Thierry Henry and Gus Poyet in the studio

Such is the subjective nature of commentary and punditry that I genuinely can't tell if you're serious or not!
  • Options
    He sounded like a monotone, whispering, robot.

As said previously. What he spoke was probably ok, but he was sooooo boring, I didn't want to listen.
  • Options
    I put up with him for a whole 10 minutes before switching to 5 live commentary........................
  • Options
    He is certainly monotone but the principal problem for me is that he never shuts up. Some of the content is ok, but he needs to understand that there's no need to fill every silence with inane comments. Maybe he'll get better.
  • Options
    Blucher said:

Maybe he'll get better.

Maybe he'll get replaced. After all, the BBC have only taken about 200 journos and pundits to Brazil!
  • Options
    I know it was the middle of the night, but a red button kept popping up on the screen, did anyone on here press it and manage to change the commentary?
  • Options
    Yh but not HD picture so went back to the shit commentary.
  • Options
    I thought Townsend was bad, in fact I mute the sound if he is commentating but Phil Neville last night....................words fail me :-0