Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Phil Neville = Rain Man

Comments

• Options
    Clark Carlisle, Andy Townsend and Phil Neville!!! Worst WC ever :)
    But they are crap
  • Options
    Give me Phil Neville over Clarke Carlisle anytime. Mr Carlisle claims that Ecuador must have a fantastic side if Jackson Martinez can't get in their team.

He would have a job as Martinez is in the Columbian squad!
  • Options
    Phil Neville looks like a 40 year old skag head
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

I thought Townsend was bad, in fact I mute the sound if he is commentating but Phil Neville last night....................words fail me :-0

pity they didn't fail Phil
  • Options
    His best comment was in injury time with 35 seconds to go...

'The lads need to be patient there's still time'!!!!!!!!

What he should have said was....

@ ball in the box!!!!'

• Options

Looks like it went viral in Old Bill circles!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-27858505
  • Options
    Pearce/Keown sound good. What not these two last night?
  • Options
    adsads
    edited June 2014
    Sounded like he was commentating on the snooker, mogadon phil
  • Options
    I watched the game on ESPN America. Steve McManman was going wild! Excellent commentary.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apparently the BBC have received over 450 official complaints about Neville's commentary
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Apparently the BBC have received over 450 official complaints about Neville's commentary

Christ there are some sad muckers out there. Why would you bother.

• Options

I think we need a link on here to bolster those numbers!

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Curb_It said:

Bit extreme I agree.

I only started the thread because it was the only time I have actually fallen asleep during the commentary on an England goal!
  • Options
    Was a poor commentary but very unfair by the BBC to drop him in it like that.
  • Options

Curb_It said:

Bit extreme I agree.

I only started the thread because it was the only time I have actually fallen asleep during the commentary on an England goal!
    God he was awful... i never really take much notice of such things and i think the criticising of some commentators on here and twitter is over the top. but its the first time ive ever thought... who the hell is that talking.

Tho i wouldnt ring/email the bbc to complain. I just couldnt be that upset about it.

• Options
    Linekar was shocking when he first started out, but has got considerably better with practice, Neville junior probably deserves the same chance. Its worth remembering that the viewing figures peaked at 15.6 million, meaning 0.003% of the people who watched thought it was bad enough to actually call up and complain - a statistically insignificant number.
  • Options
    Absolutely right about Linekar, who learned his trade on Sunday afternoons on 5 Live linking to cricket reports and the like. He was awful. And stuck at it and got much better.
  • Options
    It wasn't great, but it seemed a strange decision by the BBC drop him into such a significant game like that (and especially when people were trying to stay awake...)

Maybe they thought he could offer some more meaningful insight through his family connection with the squad, but there was a time and a place for his big debut - and that wasn't it.
  • Options
    He's still there. Back in the studio tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice reaction from Neville when fronted with the criticism on BBC. Shows some good humour and not too precious.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27867939
  • Options
    Indeed - why did the BBC give him this as his FIRST live broadcast - shoddy.
  • Options
    Bring back Trevor Brooking
  • Options
    I watched the England game in another country. Did Phil Neville do the commentary during the whole game here or just the studio chat?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Bring back Trevor Brooking

I have to say, I always thought Ray Wilkins was a super little pundit, Jeff.

• Options
    If neville was commentating on this Nigeria vs Iran game, I would've definitely fallen asleep by now!!
  • Options

I watched the England game in another country. Did Phil Neville do the commentary during the whole game here or just the studio chat?

The whole game. I know this as a fact because the score and time ticker in the top left corner read...

Eng 1 v Ita 2 685 mins
  • Options
    Hugh Johns on his own used to be alright. Didn't need anyone next to him talking bollocks.
  • Options
    Lineker and Co discussing social media, Neville laughs " I liked it until 24 hours ago". Good humour.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    "It was my first live gig"....

Now imagine if Hodgson had given an uncapped player a starting role on Saturday... BBC stupidly put him in the firing line for this, why not try him out in something lower profile first...?