Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Royal Ascot

Comments

• Options

markmc68 said:

I was on the winning post garden area yesterday. Not a chav in sight.
    Grandstand full of pissheads and people doing coke. Silver ring avoid at all costs.

Are tickets for the Grandstand still available for Saturday?
    We have a spare for the Grandstand on Saturday. £70
  • Options
    I was there yesterday in the grandstand , cracking day as usual with plenty of crumpet about . I'd give the silver ring a wide berth though
  • Options
    Shag said:

I was there yesterday in the grandstand , cracking day as usual with plenty of crumpet about . I'd give the silver ring a wide berth though

There was a lovely sort walking through Waterloo Station this morning, obviously on her way to Ascot. There was just a few heads turning...
  • Options
    Get all your Ascot loses back or even play up all your winnings on Russian Realm at Ascot tomorrow.
  • Options
    Stone said:

markmc68 said:

I was on the winning post garden area yesterday. Not a chav in sight.
    Grandstand full of pissheads and people doing coke. Silver ring avoid at all costs.

Are tickets for the Grandstand still available for Saturday?
    We have a spare for the Grandstand on Saturday. £70
    Include an 8th?
  • Options
    What's an 8th? I haven't even seen the tickets!
  • Options
    Have a grandstand ticket for sale for Friday. £65 quid (face value)
  • Options
    Been invited by a client on Wednesday.

Looking forward to a good day, but not sure about backing Johnny Barnes in the 1st that day. Has been carrying a fair bit of timber for a few years now!

Big move in the market for Western Hymn in the main race. 7s in from 16. Just the Frankie factor after his Derby win?
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Looking forward to a good day, but not sure about backing Johnny Barnes in the 1st that day. Has been carrying a fair bit of timber for a few years now!

Big move in the market for Western Hymn in the main race. 7s in from 16. Just the Frankie factor after his Derby win?

Won 6 from 9 but has not won a Group 1 which this race is. Could still win of course.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Ivawood or Muhaarar
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Free eagle a good bet for his race
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I'm going on Wednesday with the lads but I know nothing about horse racing. Are any of the papers that preview the races any good for betting tips?

Are there any pubs just outside ascot? Probably going to get there about 12ish. Have a few beers before the first race at 12.30.
  • Options
    Going Wednesday as well through work
  • Options
    Most of the people that go to Royal Ascot know nothing about horse racing so you will be fine ChiAddick.And I think you would do well following any tips placed on here to be honest plus don't back anything priced over 12/1 so that will whittle the races down a bit.
  • Options
    Solow the french horse should win the opener on tuesday
  • Options
    Back any horse trained by John Gosden that's only ever had one race before as all the horses he has ran at Royal Ascot with this stat have all finished in the first three including three winners
  • Options
    The boozer by the station is always a good bet, has a large enough outside to facilitate everyone
  • Options

The boozer by the station is always a good bet, has a large enough outside to facilitate everyone

And you get to watch all the fit birds arrive
  • Options
    And fall home
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Am in Royal Enclosure with the missus on Friday....
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum Prince Philip
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

I'm going on Wednesday with the lads but I know nothing about horse racing. Are any of the papers that preview the races any good for betting tips?

Are there any pubs just outside ascot? Probably going to get there about 12ish. Have a few beers before the first race at 12.30.

First race on Wednesday is 2.30
  • Options
    Football today has set me up nice for the week
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Welcome to the forum Prince Philip

Sir to you......

Just booked afternoon tea ra ra ra

• Options
    I'll be there wednesday . Apart from the big boozer by the station there's a few along the high street , veer right if you're looking at the main entrance . It's a quality day out
  • Options
    Going with today,

2:30 Solow
    3:05 Round Two
    3:40 Muthmir
    4:20 Consort
    5:00 Clondaw warrior / hurricane Higgins
    5:30 Washington DC
  • Options
    3.40 Sole Power back to 5f, big field so will need luck in running but has a great turn of foot.
  • Options
    SOLOW
    ROUND TWO
    SOLE POWER
    GLENEAGLES

£10 lucky 15
  • Options
    2:30 solow
    3:05 finnegan
    3:40 muthmir
    4:20 gleneagles
    5:00 fun mac