Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Richard Wood medical at Rotherham (p4 - gone)

Apparantly Richard Wood is having a medical at Rotherham today. Has been seen at ground and info from a normally very reliable scource at the New York Stadium. Prephaps the contract extention was not triggered. Was a reasonable player but no grat loss just hope even more that Morro signs.

Comments

• Options
    Terrible news. Can we have our club back please. What next red shorts? oh!!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    That's very interesting. If Woody goes that's one CB assuming Morrison pen for us. We might need to sign two at least.

Presumably a fee will be involved ?
  • Options
    I was going to go down the Valley and smash the Covered End seats up but some absolute hero has beat me to it!
  • Options

That's very interesting. If Woody goes that's one CB assuming Morrison pen for us. We might need to sign two at least.

Presumably a fee will be involved ?

Or that's no centre backs assuming Morrison doesn't pen for us!
  • Options
    If he goes you'd think that would put Morrison in a strong position in negotiations. Tough ask to get 3 Championship quality centre backs before the season starts.
  • Options
    Church and Parzyszek centre back pairing then

Or Solly and Fox.....
  • Options
    maybe he wants to move back up north as his family never moved down and we are happy to let him go and save the wages.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Church and Parzyszek centre back pairing then

Or Solly and Fox.....

Reza's the tallest man on the books now so him.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    if true, we must be close to getting 1 or more CBs in.
  • Options
    Steady player, but not great. If we are going to push on, we need better.

Good luck to him and thanks if he makes the move. Rotherham seem to have a few bob to splash around so maybe a few pennies for us!
  • Options
    Don't panick, Heard Hummels is on his way after the wc.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Unless there is more faith at the club in Harry Lenon and Joe Gomez to step instantly than what we realise

Welling Friendly is gonna be interesting
  • Options
    I heard during the season that he was never going to stick around too long, family are all still tup north
  • Options
    Strange one considering he's just triggered a contract extension. Will mean that we've got a fews for him though.
  • Options
    Money talks, he wasn't that good IMO.
  • Options

replaceable, note the word "replaceable" Roland, when you lose a player who's replaceable then it is only okay if you actually replace them with some one else.

Sound of arse going...

Cmon this is brilliant KA, at this rate it'll be thrilling wondering if we have enough for a squad against Brentford!
  • Options

replaceable, note the word "replaceable" Roland, when you lose a player who's replaceable then it is only okay if you actually replace them with some one else.

Exactly, I think we could do better than Wood and this would be a non-issue if we'd actually signed up good CB's like Dervite and Morrison (who will hopefully sign his deal).

Its going to be one interesting summer thats for sure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shame if true as I though he was a steady player & v.good back-up to Devite & Morrow......oops
  • Options
    I don't think we would sell Wood if Morro wasn't going to sign - so decent news for me. One CB to come in and 2 youngsters as back up is my guess.
  • Options
    Not the best player, but someone with experience in the league. This really is a major clear out, risky stuff. Welling is gonna be a game of guess who!
  • Options

Not the best player, but someone with experience in the league. This really is a major clear out, risky stuff. Welling is gonna be a game of guess who!

Will make a good game of scrabble too.
  • Options
    So the club are clearing out all our players and not replacing them and won't do so before the start of the season.

That must be their plan, what other alternative is there? *walks away scratching head*
  • Options
    Pah - centrebacks, who needs them!
  • Options
    Macronate said:

As they had another CF lined up when Kermorgant left

• Options

Jack Munns could do a job at centre half

Yes with somebody standing on his shoulders.
  • Options

Sound of arse going...

Cmon this is brilliant KA, at this rate it'll be thrilling wondering if we have enough for a squad against Brentford!
    It's certainly looking like the July tournament will be 5-a-side...
  • Options
    Good squad player to have, he's another one which will need replacing