Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Away Kit/3rd Kit

Comments

• Options
    vffvff
    edited July 2014
    The black and grey strip is a bit grim. Like a grey stormy rainy day in London. In comparison the home strip looks a lot better. Not sure about those stripey Doncaster socks. The orange 3rd strip is more cheery.
  • Options
    I think they all look absolutely fine.
  • Options
    vff said:

The black and grey strip is a bit grim. Like a grey stormy rainy day in London. In comparison the home strip looks a lot better. Not sure about those stripey Doncaster socks. The orange 3rd strip is more cheery.

What's it going to look like on a rainy Tuesday night in Middlesbrough in November?
  • Options
    2nd and 3rd kits I don't care about, they are irrelevant. They are a chance to do whatever the club wants, try different styles to sell to the kids fashion tastes. Only one that truly matters is the home kit and that's a fail as the youngans say.

Ba humbug....

• Options

Home and away kit.
  • Options

With the 3rd kit, why have we gone for orange shorts rather than yellow?

So that they only had to order one set of short for the keeper's away kit and the third kit.

I quite like the away kit and I'm not too bothered about the third shirt. It's crap, but we won't have to see if often. The home kit is what really sticks with me though; too much white and red shorts. The away kits can look like whatever they want but changing the home colours is just weird
  • Options
    Don't mind the away kit, doubt I'll buy it though. The third kit is just a garish monstrosity and anyone who sees you wearing one will likely assume it's a Barcelona shirt. The home kit gets worse every time I see it.

Whoever picked these has got it pretty badly wrong imho.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Fiiiiiish said:

The popularity and sales aren't based on grown men who aren't going to buy one.

Make it different, with different colours or like barca and more kids and teens are going to buy them.

They are actually fine, they do a job and personally I don't mind them.

Would prefer we make more money from our shirts by having a slightly different design, than to keep it plain old red to satisfy the people who won't buy one.

Nail on head. People are moaning and saying they are too old for them anyway
    I'm moaning. I'm in my 30s. I like to buy them to wear round the house. And even if I didn't, I care about how my team looks and is perceived. One of you two needs to let me know if I'm allowed to moan.
  • Options

I quite like the away kit and I'm not too bothered about the third shirt. It's crap, but we won't have to see if often. The home kit is what really sticks with me though; too much white and red shorts. The away kits can look like whatever they want but changing the home colours is just weird

I would have thought we will be wearing our 3rd kit versus Brentford.

For what its worth, I really dont like 1st or 3rd, my 14 year old loves the new home and wants one but would prefer with white shorts
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The 3 kits don't look like they belong to the same team
  • Options
    I'm sure I read somewhere that the kits were ordered before MS and TJ left. I have no idea if that is true, but apart from the white sleeves (which I can live with) and the red shorts of the home kit (I would much refer white - it makes the kit look upside down) I think they are all ok.

They are football shirts. The 3rd Kit is a little colourfull but that's not a bad thing and it it's good enough for Barcelona....

I already have the red one and I've just ordered the other two. I will wear them when I go to games, and when we are playing and I'm at home. They are also decent sports shirts that I can wear when I go for a run, and with long sleeves (which I have ordered) it gives me a little more protection when I do for a run in the sun.
  • Options
    The away kit is superb. Not fussed about the others though.
  • Options

We will wear the third kit for games where there is absolutely no justifiable reason to be wearing the third kit at all.

I suspect there is an element of truth in this.
  • Options
    I'm gonna be all over that 3rd kit. I've been waiting years for a tango orange shirt............
  • Options
    Is that Joe Gomez standing next to Morrison in the photo on the other page? If so, bloody hell, he is a big lad for his age! Taller than Morrison and just as wide!
  • Options

Is that Joe Gomez standing next to Morrison in the photo on the other page? If so, bloody hell, he is a big lad for his age! Taller than Morrison and just as wide!

It is yes
  • Options

I'm sure I read somewhere that the kits were ordered before MS and TJ left. I have no idea if that is true, but apart from the white sleeves (which I can live with) and the red shorts of the home kit (I would much refer white - it makes the kit look upside down) I think they are all ok.

They are football shirts. The 3rd Kit is a little colourfull but that's not a bad thing and it it's good enough for Barcelona....

I already have the red one and I've just ordered the other two. I will wear them when I go to games, and when we are playing and I'm at home. They are also decent sports shirts that I can wear when I go for a run, and with long sleeves (which I have ordered) it gives me a little more protection when I do for a run in the sun.

Moneybags !

:-)

• Options
    fringe society members like myself who were (thankfully) ejected from the school to corporation conveyor belt, (me at 14) are going to feel strange sporting a university of greenwich shirt - maybe not so much in uk where we understand the sponsor is just that; but i'm international, so with a tiny charlton logo, it will seem like i'm a u of g attendee or graduate:>) ...but preferable to looking like an air conditioning rep...(ps. i do like the new strip, particularly the away & amber job!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

shine166 said:

Fiiiiiish said:

Make it different, with different colours or like barca and more kids and teens are going to buy them.

Would prefer we make more money from our shirts by having a slightly different design, than to keep it plain old red to satisfy the people who won't buy one.

I'm moaning. I'm in my 30s. I like to buy them to wear round the house. And even if I didn't, I care about how my team looks and is perceived. One of you two needs to let me know if I'm allowed to moan.
    Why do I need to let you know if you can moan exactley?

Moan all you like, if you don't like it then don't buy it.
  • Options
    Away kit is pretty nice. Home has grown on me. Third is horrible. Wonder if we'll wear that at Brentford?
    Overall, not bad but as others have said, why didn't the university want their actual logo/font?

Roll on Griffin Park! COYRs.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    JiMMy 85 said:

shine166 said:

Fiiiiiish said:

You can do what you like, especially if you intend to buy for any reason. It's the people that say ' I'm no kit wanker, I'm 45 years old and don't want to look like a' that should just shut up and move on.
  • Options
    Irrelevant as to colour/pattern. I'm more worried that they all look skintight and I'll look like a haggis wearing one
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    shine166 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

shine166 said:

Fiiiiiish said:

You can do what you like, especially if you intend to buy for any reason. It's the people that say ' I'm no kit wanker, I'm 45 years old and don't want to look like a' that should just shut up and move on.
    Why?
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Irrelevant as to colour/pattern. I'm more worried that they all look skintight and I'll look like a haggis wearing one

Just buy a bigger one.
  • Options
    Addicted said:

We'll probably not wear it more than once but I think the 3rd looks decent. Clearly an indication of our effortlessly flowing attacking style which will dominate the message boards once the season kicks off.

Also, wear what you want! I personally go for the Shirt/Socks combo round the house, letting me show my support for the club whilst maintaining a practical yet sexy look.

I prefer to walk around the house naked, but with the name of the club sponsor written on my chest to show which team I support..
  • Options

Taxi_Lad said:

Just buy a bigger one.
    Or 2 and sow them together