Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Away Kit/3rd Kit

Comments

• Options
    _nam11 said:

;)

Quality. Did make me giggle :D
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    shine166 said:

shine166 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

shine166 said:

Fiiiiiish said:

The popularity and sales aren't based on grown men who aren't going to buy one.

Make it different, with different colours or like barca and more kids and teens are going to buy them.

They are actually fine, they do a job and personally I don't mind them.

Would prefer we make more money from our shirts by having a slightly different design, than to keep it plain old red to satisfy the people who won't buy one.

Nail on head. People are moaning and saying they are too old for them anyway
    I'm moaning. I'm in my 30s. I like to buy them to wear round the house. And even if I didn't, I care about how my team looks and is perceived. One of you two needs to let me know if I'm allowed to moan.
    You can do what you like, especially if you intend to buy for any reason. It's the people that say ' I'm no kit wanker, I'm 45 years old and don't want to look like a' that should just shut up and move on.
    Why?

Because your life must be boring if you come here to moan about things you apparently have no interest in. Go for a walk, take the mrs out for a meal or something productive... Just stop being moans old...
    I'd say your life must be even more boring to come onto a discussion forum and moan about how people don't have lives because they're moaning. Calm down. Go for a walk.

Some people care about the kit, if they want to express disappointment on a page devoted to talking about the kits then I'm not really sure why it affects you so much. Personally I can't afford to be spending £50 on shirts so it doesn't affect me too much but there's nothing worse than having someone wandering round telling people they're a 'moans old fcuk' for caring about something. Take the mrs out for a meal. Bit early mind.
  • Options
    Stop moaning about moaning about moaning ffs.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    We desperately need another signing to give people something to have a proper moan about, 3rd kit whinging is small fry, I still haven't got over that monstrosity of a first strip cross between Boro and Goonersh*te (from the back) :-0
  • Options

Addicted said:

We'll probably not wear it more than once but I think the 3rd looks decent. Clearly an indication of our effortlessly flowing attacking style which will dominate the message boards once the season kicks off.

Also, wear what you want! I personally go for the Shirt/Socks combo round the house, letting me show my support for the club whilst maintaining a practical yet sexy look.

I prefer to walk around the house naked, but with the name of the club sponsor written on my chest to show which team I support..
    How do you demonstrate an away game though?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    You guys are keen to decree who can and can't moan on an internet forum, I might add, in a rather abusive way. How about I call you a moany fck for moaning about people moaning? It's just words on a screen, why can't you not look at them and go and build a treehouse for homeless kids?
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Take the mrs out for a meal. Bit early mind.

Beefeater do a breakfast special...
  • Options
    Back to comments on the kits, much prefer this set of three than other recent kits over the last 3-4 years. A bit of variety for a change, however much I live our dear club, I have always felt our kits lacked any va va voom, so though they can be improved further and I understand why the white v slash is not everybody's cup of tea, for me this is a positive step forward. I will be getting 1 or 2 of the 3 and I am 43...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

But now you're moaning about moaning about moaning about moaning. There's no escape. This is your life now Callum, embrace it
  • Options

I'm sure I read somewhere that the kits were ordered before MS and TJ left. I have no idea if that is true, but apart from the white sleeves (which I can live with) and the red shorts of the home kit (I would much refer white - it makes the kit look upside down) I think they are all ok.

They are football shirts. The 3rd Kit is a little colourfull but that's not a bad thing and it it's good enough for Barcelona....

I already have the red one and I've just ordered the other two. I will wear them when I go to games, and when we are playing and I'm at home. They are also decent sports shirts that I can wear when I go for a run, and with long sleeves (which I have ordered) it gives me a little more protection when I do for a run in the sun.

Moneybags !

:-)

Hardly, I've ordered the generic non-badged versions from the internet. I got all three for less than £60.

It's cheaper and it avoids the shirt sponsors but I'll still feel like I'm wearing the shirt at football.

Cheapskate? Me?

Yes!
    got a link?

• Options

How about you stop moaning about the moaning about the moaning

• Options
    edited July 2014

I'm sure I read somewhere that the kits were ordered before MS and TJ left. I have no idea if that is true, but apart from the white sleeves (which I can live with) and the red shorts of the home kit (I would much refer white - it makes the kit look upside down) I think they are all ok.

They are football shirts. The 3rd Kit is a little colourfull but that's not a bad thing and it it's good enough for Barcelona....

I already have the red one and I've just ordered the other two. I will wear them when I go to games, and when we are playing and I'm at home. They are also decent sports shirts that I can wear when I go for a run, and with long sleeves (which I have ordered) it gives me a little more protection when I do for a run in the sun.

Moneybags !

:-)

Hardly, I've ordered the generic non-badged versions from the internet. I got all three for less than £60.

It's cheaper and it avoids the shirt sponsors but I'll still feel like I'm wearing the shirt at football.

Cheapskate? Me?

Yes!
    got a link?

Home Shirt
    http://www.newitts.com/product/IT062976/Nike_Victory_II_Football_Jersey.htm
    http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/Products/Nike-Victory-II-Short-Sleeve-Football-Shirt-Mens-Football-Teamwear-University-RedWhiteUni-Red-80163.aspx

Away Shirt
    http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/Products/Nike-Park-Derby-Long-Sleeve-Football-Shirt-Mens-Football-Teamwear-GreyBlackWhite-80271.aspx
    http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/Products/Nike-Park-Derby-Short-Sleeve-Football-Shirt-Mens-Football-Teamwear-GreyBlackWhite-80206.aspx

3rd Shirt
    http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/Products/Nike-Precision-II-Long-Sleeve-Football-Shirt-Mens-Football-Teamwear-Safety-OrangeTour-YellowMidnight-Navy-61711.aspx
    http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/Products/Nike-Precision-II-Short-Sleeve-Football-Shirt-Mens-Football-Teamwear-Safety-OrangeTour-YellowMidnight-Navy-61701.aspx

I actually ordered them all in long sleeves but short sleeves are available.

The home shirt, which I ordered the day they showed it, was from a different retailer, but even with the extra postage it was cheaper than the retailer that I bought the other two from. However neither of the sites had both the long sleeve and short sleeve in stock for the home shirt so that might affect your choice of where to order from.

I have used both of these retailers (all be it only once) and everything was fine.
  • Options

Probably made up by someone on here then KHA, I am pretty sure that's not the case. Even if it were, there was plenty of time to change it after RD and co took over.

Reading on, you are actually buying the generic version of the third kit? Are you colour blind? LOL
  • Options

KHA - not only are they cheaper but they look better.
  • Options
    largest size 47/49 chest. Must go on a diet (sorry, major diet) ;-)
  • Options
    Pretty shocking really that they charge so much with a bit of printing on it. They can obviously make a decent profit selling them for £10. We really are mugs sometimes us supporters.
  • Options
    I took the opportunity to speak to the Greenwich University marketing guys @ the training ground re the logo....... They confirmed it was for 'readability' .......
    I am still not convinced that as others on here have shown that a decent design could not have been made in regard to that comment,and using the existing logo?..... just seems a strange marketing concept to me, which of course is quite bizzare to me as a graphic designer. I will have to remember that one in future, sorry I cannot use your logo...... because I have difficulty reading it!
  • Options

I took the opportunity to speak to the Greenwich University marketing guys @ the training ground re the logo....... They confirmed it was for 'readability' .......
    I am still not convinced that as others on here have shown that a decent design could not have been made in regard to that comment,and using the existing logo?..... just seems a strange marketing concept to me, which of course is quite bizzare to me as a graphic designer. I will have to remember that one in future, sorry I cannot use your logo...... because I have difficulty reading it!

Exactly, surely they use their logo on signage etc. Legibility not an issue in those circumstances? There was a better solution that could have been found, shame they didn't bother it would have enhanced their brand, this looks like the kit for the UofG sunday team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's a toughie. I have been saying for a long time what's the point in having unreadable sponsors logos on shirts, and more so when you have no idea what the sponsor actually does, but in this case the "brand" is known. It does look kind of cheap in that font too.
  • Options

Probably made up by someone on here then KHA, I am pretty sure that's not the case. Even if it were, there was plenty of time to change it after RD and co took over.

Reading on, you are actually buying the generic version of the third kit? Are you colour blind? LOL
    My son loves yellow and he almost always plays as Barcelona on FIFA. When I told him it was a previous Barcelona kit he was adamant that I should have one.
  • Options
    In a strange way I find it kind of amusing, and even a bit cool that our new owner had sorted the kits so they make the Belgium flag. I won't be buying one anyway, mind you with the proper Uni logo I would have been ever so slightly more inclined.
  • Options
    Bayern Munich away kit is another superb one from Adidas
  • Options
    I said before and I say again, the individual kits don't cause me concern but I dont see why the 3 kits don't have a linked or joined-up design.
  • Options
    Ok, my shirts arrived this morning. I'm not going to lie, the orange shirt is very loud. The black one looks really nice.
  • Options

My son loves yellow and he almost always plays as Barcelona on FIFA. When I told him it was a previous Barcelona kit he was adamant that I should have one.
    LOL - I can just imagine my dearly departed Dad being dressed by me when I was 10...
  • Options

Ok, my shirts arrived this morning. I'm not going to lie, the orange shirt is very loud. The black one looks really nice.

I thought the away and third shirts weren't being delivered until late July?
  • Options
    Read up a bit sensai, KHA has bought the teamwear kits that match our kit, not the actual kits
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Read up a bit sensai, KHA has bought the teamwear kits that match our kit, not the actual kits

Yep, Cheapskate's are us!