Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Argentina vs. Iran

Comments

• Options
    Reza played well and Iran worked their knackers off and did well. But that's the difference one world class player can make which England doesn't have close too.
  • Options

So are we agreed Reza looks a very good player and the No. 1 priority next season must to play him a role where he can show that for #cafc

to be fair a few of us have been saying that since we first saw him play against Birmingham and Wigan
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Biased but Ghocchannejhad, the Iranian left back and the Iranian keeper were the best 3 players today

Yup, totally agree, sign them up.
  • Options
    I'm glowing with pride with how Reza has played today. We must give him a chance at CF next season.

So weird that its not an Englishman who has inspired me at this tournament.
  • Options
    I really hope Reza can find the net in the last match.

He deserves a goal from this tournament.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I really hope Reza can find the net in the last match.

He deserves a goal from this tournament.

He'll bang a couple in, to keep up his 1 in 2 at international level.
  • Options
    And that is why Argentina will win the world cup.

Poor for most of the game and could easily have lost but still won it.

Iran just couldn't keep up the work rate for 94 minutes and got done right at the end but they should be sp proud of that display.

Reza to big Spanish club for £5m. You heard it here first
  • Options
    SO proud to see OUR player shine for a hardworking team at this level.

Thoroughly deserved to score - more so in my opinion than the "world 's best player" who did little more than put away one chance in the 94 minutes.

Think Reza will have earned cult status by the time 9th August arrives - I'm sure the North Upper will be singing a special song for him at the first home game.

BTW I think Andy Townsend would propose to RG if he wasn't already hitched !
  • Options
    Reza was outstanding.
  • Options
    Imagine the slagging England would have got beating Iran 1-0 with a last minute goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who paid the commentator?
    So many Charlton mentions.
    Even read out the Charlton roll call of players who have played at the world cup.
  • Options
    Reza has played much better than the Roast Beef eating surrender monkeys.
  • Options
    Well done Reza!
  • Options
    He was a threat all game and his workrate was excellent. Things are looking good for Charlton next season and he will be a big part of it.
  • Options
    I think Germany will smash Argentina if they meet. I reckon France could do them too.
  • Options
    Argentina are lucky that they don't play anyone till the semi finals.
  • Options

Argentina are lucky that they don't play anyone till the semi finals.

That's cheating, surely!
  • Options
    Always had faith in reza to be a great forward for us wrote off by so many far too early
  • Options
    Cruel but rather a fantastic strike like that than a dubious added time penalty
  • Options
    And what an outstanding player we have on our books!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TV commentators all around the world will have mentioned that Reza plays for Charlton Athletic. What a tremendous ambassador he has been for us today.
  • Options
    Didnt see the game - was he THAT good?
  • Options

Ironically a carbon copy of Rezas goal at Leeds.

Do you know what carbon copy means?
  • Options
    Played really well and Shouldve scored
  • Options

Who paid the commentator?
    So many Charlton mentions.
    Even read out the Charlton roll call of players who have played at the world cup.

Bet that didn't take long!

• Options
    I watched this while trying to do other things and found it far more compelling than most of the other games. I was obviously looking out for Reza, but felt Iran did really well and found myself rooting for them more and more. Loved the Charlton references throughout the match. Was gutted at the goal, but it was a world class strike from Messi, who finally had enough space to do that as the Iranians' legs were gone. Think Bosnia will be tough but will be rooting for them again on that one.
  • Options
    Reckon Messi has been watching videos of Reza at Leeds. So impressed with Iran today but you just kind of knew what was going to happen. It wasn't just a rear guard action either, they got forwards and look to retain possession once they regained it rather than just hack it clear.

Was particularly impressed with the keeper, especially as they are so often the weak link in these smaller nations teams but really proud of Reza, such a shame he didn't go hard at the near post with that late chance but he worked his knackers off and showed pace strength and skill. Really hope Big Bald Belgian Bob can get him up for games in a Charlton shirt like he clearly is for Iran.

Would be brilliant if he can get on the score sheet vs Bosnia.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Ironically a carbon copy of Rezas goal at Leeds.

Do you know what carbon copy means?
    Thought it was exactly the same. Cut inside from the right and curled significantly from about 25 yards out or so. Both on the left foot.
  • Options
    MSE7 said:

Iran will get hammered and thats a fact. Iran are just boys compared to argentina. I say 7-0 Argentina

that goal was reza's fault though
  • Options
    MSE7 said:

Iran will get hammered and thats a fact. Iran are just boys compared to argentina. I say 7-0 Argentina

that goal was reza's fault though