Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Costa Rica

123457»

Comments

• Options

Italia 90 a certain BBC presenter! Was a world class striker.

Ah 'cause you didn't quote it looked like you were reffering to this tournament. Get it now.
  • Options
    no I was making the point that we don't have one. Sturridge is too hit or miss for me - but I can't say who is better which is pretty much the point. We need him to improve or to find a world class striker.
  • Options

Who? Hanson?
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Who? Hanson?
    Mmmbop
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

I saw on twitter earlier some guy who had a fiver on Costa Rica to win all group games at 600/1. Bet he's nervous

Bet he is crying into his pillow now
  • Options

This tournament actually reminds me a lot of Euro 1988 where we battered the Irish and somehow lost 1-0 and went toe-to-toe with the Dutch - we probably gave them their hardest game all tournament - but were beaten by the class of Van Basten.

The team were condemned as no-hopers but within two years we were one penalty kick away from the World Cup Final.

I'm afraid you are living in the past. If the English need to shed the skin of the past then so too the fans. This is England's worst ever WC tournament display. The worst. This group should have been an impossible group for Costa Rica but they won it easily, without the overrated hyped up superstars.
    Talk of tight margins and past success and failure contribute nothing. In fact it serves to convince these players they were hard done by and that they are better than they are. Some of the lower league players have played much better for other teams.
  • Options
    Hightlight of the match for me was Roys post-match interview, when he said something along the lines of "We didn't win, but left the fans pleased with out performance".

Is he having a giggle? Think that was the dullest game of the tournament so far...............
  • Options
    I really need to give up on England.
    Football Association chairman Greg Dyke believes Prince Harry could have inspired England to better results if he had attended games against Italy and Uruguay, as well as the final fixture against Costa Rica.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I was thinking it was down to Prince Harry - I mean they needed some incentive didn't they? If the Queen had bothered to go, we'd probably win the World Cup. Prince Philip and we might have made the quarters. I'm sure they would not be too bothered about Prince Charles! There also seems to be this FA theory that if they tell everybody we played well against Costa Rica, we will believe it. How can we progress with these people at the helm? Seriously.