Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hall of shame

We have a hall of fame for Charlton legends - there should be a hall of shame of the opposite - Scott Parker and a certain Diego Poyet spring to mind as certain members. Who else would you add to the list. We should keep this list so these traitors go down in our history.

Comments

• Options
    and playing for Palace before he came.
  • Options
    Iain Dowies Parents
  • Options
    Kermorgant is an interesting one, Most people would consider him further towards the "Legend" end of the spectrum, however I'm sure some still question the terms of his departure ...
  • Options
    That is blasphemous and insulting even in jest. Chrissy was and always will be a Charlton legend.
  • Options
    Defoe certainly - Kermogant definitely no where this sorry hall
  • Options

That is blasphemous and insulting even in jest. Chrissy was and always will be a Charlton legend.

Who has more POTY? Powell or Poyet?

Says it all I think.

• Options
    Pitcher
  • Options
    Danny Murphy & Defoe
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Pitcher

that is who I was trying to recall, getting old, the name was in there somewhere.
  • Options
    Paul Miller
  • Options
    Can we have a Hall of Idiot supporters, and then lock them in that hall and not let them down The Valley again?
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Can we have a Hall of Idiot supporters, and then lock them in that hall and not let them down The Valley again?

This is a cracking idea as long as we make sure there's no internet access in the hall

• Options
    The problem is, it is always the other supporter who is an idiot!
  • Options
    Riga for deserting us for Blackpool. Showed no loyalty at all.
  • Options
    Carl Leaburn. Wouldn't sign a contract,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How can you compare Parker to Poyet? Parker didn't give a shit about us as soon as there was a sniff of interest, and we were about to get champions league football. Poyet could have left a while ago to play in the prem for his DAD, turned it down to keep playing in a relegation scrap for little money and now we're safe he's trying to better himself. No comparison. Still hate Parker, wish all the best to Poyet.
  • Options
    Think you've got the title wrong! It's more like a hall of fame.
    Players come, players go, but it's the supporters that make a club.
    We should be proud that we have helped develop the game we all love by bringing players through that we have improved.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Danny Murphy
    Scott Parker
    Jermaine Defoe
    Diego Poyet
    Miguel Llera
  • Options
    Curbishley - refused a one year deal
  • Options
    I think it comes down to something more subtle than people wanting to leave. Llera can't possibly be included as he wanted to stay. Ok he was upset with the club when it didn't want him, but we should be able to give him that. For his deficiencies, he always gave his all for us. Curbishley gave us many years, and the best of times. Murphy should be on that list, because the club helped his career and he left at a terrible time in the wrong way. Defoe didn't even kick a ball in anger for us and Parker deprived us of a great achievement and left in a terrible way - after the manager had shown great faith in him.

For a list to mean anything it has to be short.
  • Options
    Parker 'potentially' deprived us of something. Who's to say we wouldn't have finished that season the same way with him in the team?
    Anyway, time's a healer, I was angry with him at the time, I now prefer to remember what a great player he was rather than the way he left.

As I get older, I find myself getting less angry at things-I'm disappointed about Diego's decision but he was brilliant for us and contributed to us staying up so I'll focus on that and move on and wish him well at his next club.

Neither would get close to a hall of shame for me, that would be more reserved for players who wore the shirt and earnt the money without putting it in. Marcus Bent and JFH are two that spring to mind...
  • Options
    HandG said:

Parker 'potentially' deprived us of something. Who's to say we wouldn't have finished that season the same way with him in the team?
    Anyway, time's a healer, I was angry with him at the time, I now prefer to remember what a great player he was rather than the way he left.

As I get older, I find myself getting less angry at things-I'm disappointed about Diego's decision but he was brilliant for us and contributed to us staying up so I'll focus on that and move on and wish him well at his next club.

Neither would get close to a hall of shame for me, that would be more reserved for players who wore the shirt and earnt the money without putting it in. Marcus Bent and JFH are two that spring to mind...

Nail on the head.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

• Options

That bloke who starts threads with 'What's your favourite biscuit?'

Plus all the bedwetters like OohAah.

• Options
    HandG said:

Agree with this... at the end of the day Parker in my opinion made a mistake going to Chelsea and paid for it for a few seasons... Yet seeing him pull on an England shirt a few years ago (especially when he led out the team as Captain) filled me with pride that we produced him and as a Footballer I do prefer to remember what a great player he was too.

ALTHOUGH... If he turns out @ the Valley for Fulham next season I will boo the feck out of his name when its announced