Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brasil vs Chile

124»

Comments

• Options
    I really enjoyed that game and the bbc commentary, I was amazed but not surprised when I went into the kitchen with the radio on, to get a glass and good ol Alan Green was managing to moan about the match.
  • Options
    Shrew said:

I really enjoyed that game and the bbc commentary, I was amazed but not surprised when I went into the kitchen with the radio on, to get a glass and good ol Alan Green was managing to moan about the match.

What was he moaning about? How could he moan about a game like that?
  • Options
    Aah football, what a great game & we all have different opinions.
    I thought that was the best game of a great tournament, when you take into account the ET & penalties drama.
    Brazil probably edged the game & marginally deserved the win, but they did have home advantage !
    I thought Webb & the linos were excellent. The disallowed goal was correct & a brilliant & brave call by the lino, backed up brilliantly by Webb. Well played the officials. I bet a lot would have bottled it.
    I also thought that was the best commentating so far. Not sure who they were. I think Keown was one.
    Even the studio panel were very good.
    I can't think of anything to moan about. Boo.
  • Options
    Calm down children...
  • Options
    Willian is a player who's always puzzled me. I saw him play a lot when I lived in Donetsk and could never work out why he was in the team, then I never understood how Chelsea valued him at over 30 million and now it turns out he's shocking at penalties
  • Options
    I just can't understand why Scolari doesn't play Hulk up front. Hulk is big, strong and looked at his best when driving through the centre of Chile's defence. Fred and Jo on the other hand are two of the worst strikers in the World Cup. I think I'd actually pick Reza over Fred if he was the right nationality. The argument for putting Hulk on the wing is that he tracks back, but on the bench Brazil have Willian who is a mainstay in the Chelsea team partially because he buys into Mourinho's philosophy of attacking midfielders tracking back. Baffling.
  • Options

I just can't understand why Scolari doesn't play Hulk up front. Hulk is big, strong and looked at his best when driving through the centre of Chile's defence. Fred and Jo on the other hand are two of the worst strikers in the World Cup. I think I'd actually pick Reza over Fred if he was the right nationality. The argument for putting Hulk on the wing is that he tracks back, but on the bench Brazil have Willian who is a mainstay in the Chelsea team partially because he buys into Mourinho's philosophy of attacking midfielders tracking back. Baffling.

Yes, Hulk would be a much better No 9. At the moment, if you mark (or kick) Neymar out of the game you easily nullify them, as Fred and Jo offer so little threat. But then their midfield is pretty ordinary too.
  • Options
    There must be a reason Jo & Fred get in the team, I don't know what it is, but there must be one.
  • Options

BBC trying to deflect the fact that Brazil have been really poor all tournament by saying they might be good, one day. Even though it's over halfway through the tournament and its not getting any better...

agree 100%. Can't see them improving that greatly either.