Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

St Georges Day - Bank Holiday

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hmmm bank holidays specific to your county. Good idea. As an Essex boy I'd be happy to go with one of the following: Anne Boleyn day; Bobby Moore day; Depeche Mode day; Helen Mirren day, Dame Maggie Smith Day; Rachel Riley day. I draw the line at Joey Essex day though.
  • Options
    I celebrate it every year. Wear a red rose and normally attend some sort of event and have done for many years. Was in Dubai a few years back and celebrated it there as well .

Problem is, so many people see it as an opportunity to be anti others as opposed to being pro English. However, I can say without fear of being wrong that Farage and his band of sleazy slimeballs will hijack this cause if he gets a chance. Once that happens it will all be over for those of us who want pride in the Red Cross not embarrassment.

I'm not signing. But April 23rd I will buy my flower and somewhere in this green and pleasant land (or elsewhere) I and some friends will raise a glass and cry God for Harry, England and St George and a tear of pride might be shed.

Then we get smashed and forget everything.

• Options
    As a multicultural society perhaps you should push to celebrate more cultural holidays.
  • Options
    Jints said:

I'd much rather we celebrated something English. St George has nothing to do with us. It's the 1000th anniversary of the Magna Carta next year - It woudl be better if we commemorated the anniversary of real event which has something to do with our story as a country.

800 years
  • Options

As a multicultural society perhaps you should push to celebrate more cultural holidays.

Good luck with that.
  • Options

Yeh, i'll start blowing up the balloons, can you nip out and buy the streamers?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'll leave it.
  • Options

Some people celebrate it every year already.
    Bank Holiday would be great but why do we need the government to arrange it for us.
    Those people who genuinely care about the day will I dare say already celebrate it, like loads of people I know.

If it was a bank holiday instead of one of the May ones, then.great. But to be honest I've got a lot more things I'd.rather campaign about.

Lower bar stools in the albany?