Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your top five ....... Favourite Individual Tasting foods.

Comments

• Options
    all raw/ripe/organic/fresh/vegan:

me:
    hachiya persimmon
    thai coconut water
    cherimoya
    mango
    valencia orange

the luv:
    cherry
    thai coco water
    jackfruit
    cherimoya
    mango
  • Options

Not your favourite meal but favourite single food stuff. Give your top five and I will collate the Charlton Life top ten from the results next week.

Here are mine

Advocado

Belly of pork

Free range eggs

Lamb

Mushrooms

looking at all the selections thus far beds, maybe you might have asked "favourite HUMAN food?" :>)
  • Options
    Baby Squid
    Chorizo
    Olives
    Ripe Mango
    Scallops
  • Options
    Milk chocolate
    Dark chocolate
    White chocolate
    Any biscuit with any type of the above smothered all over it
    I also have a Cocopops fetish ATM

and yes I'm a fat bastard!
  • Options
    Cherries
    Broad beans
    Luncheon meat
    Cold baked beans
    The bits of crackling at the bottom of a bag of chips
  • Options
    Rare tuna
    Salmon sashimi
    Cheese
    Fresh home made bread
    Watercress
  • Options

Not your favourite meal but favourite single food stuff. Give your top five and I will collate the Charlton Life top ten from the results next week.

Here are mine

Advocado

Belly of pork

Free range eggs

Lamb

Mushrooms

looking at all the selections thus far beds, maybe you might have asked "favourite HUMAN food?" :>)
    What's "Human food" ?
  • Options

Here are mine

Advocado

Belly of pork

Free range eggs

Lamb

Mushrooms

What's "Human food" ?
    food designed for us humans to eat, some of the selections here make me wonder...;>) anyway, lucky we all have one thing in common, a love of charlton! on we go...
  • Options
    Olives
    Espresso
    Calamari
    lamb
    mushrooms
  • Options

Here are mine

Advocado

Belly of pork

Free range eggs

Lamb

Mushrooms

What's "Human food" ?
    food designed for us humans to eat, some of the selections here make me wonder...;>) anyway, lucky we all have one thing in common, a love of charlton! on we go...
    I think it's humans that have been designed (evolved) to eat certain foods not the other way round.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

IdleHans said:

What a good thread!

1.You can't beat a nice bit of steak / beef cooked and seasoned properly, i.e. rare.
    2. Chocolate. Dairy Milk is the preference.
    3.Can I have Coca-Cola?
    4.Beef dripping roast potatoes
    5.Lobster
    (6. - If I can't have Coca-Cola then I'll go for pork belly).

Vodka and pork belly? You're a bit odd, aren't you.
    Vodka?
    "Barman, a vodka and coke, please"
    "Sorry sir, we've run out of cola"
    "In that case, barman, a vodka and pork belly will do"

I thought it was obvious, but then again I have had a very hard week.
  • Options

Here are mine

Advocado

Belly of pork

Free range eggs

Lamb

Mushrooms

What's "Human food" ?
    I think it's humans that have been designed (evolved) to eat certain foods not the other way round.
    sure, fine dave mehmet (charlton's only almost turk?), just the "evolved" i disagree upon with many, as that word has led to all manner of opinions, lifestyles, rationale etc., the result being the currently odd shapes, sizes, dis-eases etc. that are typical amongst modern, industrialized humanity.
  • Options
    Mango
    Cherries
    Parmigiano
    Artisan aged goats cheese from France
    Sun dried tomatoes
  • Options

Here are mine

Advocado

Belly of pork

Free range eggs

Lamb

Mushrooms

What's "Human food" ?
    sure, fine dave mehmet (charlton's only almost turk?), just the "evolved" i disagree upon with many, as that word has led to all manner of opinions, lifestyles, rationale etc., the result being the currently odd shapes, sizes, dis-eases etc. that are typical amongst modern, industrialized humanity.
    Kanu?
  • Options

Here are mine

Advocado

Belly of pork

Free range eggs

Lamb

Mushrooms

What's "Human food" ?
    Kanu?
    que?
  • Options
    Gruyere
    Cashew Nuts
    Cevapcici (Croatian home made sausages ideally BBQd)
    Millionaire Shortcake
    HOME MADE Scotch Eggs

Not eaten yet, 'Kin starving now, knew it was a mistake opening this thread
  • Options

All fresh produce

Pitahaya (the yellow kind from Colombia, not the dragonfruit rubbish from Vietnam)
    Rainier cherries (now in season - fabulous)
    Sable Seedless grapes
    broad beans
    celery
  • Options
    Roast pork with crackling

Roast potatoes

Beer

Cocktails

Quality cheese
  • Options

Good call.
  • Options

All fresh produce

Pitahaya (the yellow kind from Colombia, not the dragonfruit rubbish from Vietnam)
    Sable Seedless grapes
    broad beans
    celery

nice one ghf! (...& all readily available in se london?)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Avocado
    Tea
    Freshly ground black pepper
    Broccolli
    New potatoes

.....is tea allowed? if not, then strawberries
  • Options
    Stilton cheese
    Lime
    Basil
    Mango
    Rice
  • Options
    Lamb
    Jersey royals
    Mango
    Liquorice
    Worcester sauce walkers
  • Options

All fresh produce

Sable Seedless grapes
    broad beans
    celery

nice one ghf! (...& all readily available in se london?)
    A good question. The yellow pitahaya were briefly all the rage a few years ago, and Tesco were selling then at a pound each (that's basically for a few teaspoons of pulp) being highly nutritious. They have little shelf-life so they have to come by expensive airfreight, whereas the pink dragonfruit can take three weeks or so to get here by sea.

I spent 27 notes in M+S this afternoon, 16 of which went on fruit. 8 quid for 600g (50% extra) Washington Rainiers, gone in a very short time; £4/400g for beautiful mahogany-coloured Kentish cherries; £2/400g Kentish straws (half price) and £2/200g Kentish rassers (half-price). This is fruit of the ultimate quality, and a clear sign that the fresh produce trade is currently dead in the water (Tesco selling stonefruit punnets for 75p) - if world-class fruit like the Rainiers is being sold with 50% extra - at the beginning of the season - something is very wrong. Wait for the dark red Washington Bings soon.

Sable Seedless - the South African is best although Sainsbury also had some nice Brazilian, I think it was. Season finished in May/early June ?

Broad beans and celery - seasonal. No problem. All clear ? Get in there !!

• Options
    Goats cheese
    Falafel
    Rocket
    Minted lamb chops
    Ginger
  • Options
    we had pitahaya (every day) in southern ecuador at end of last year, not keen, though the luv enjoyed it with other fruit. re uk, i know the score, on my occasional uk visits it is challenging access/pricing/freshness/organic wise, being 100% raw. i would also connect with a local farmer for veg in cornwall at my poor old mum's place. obvious factors aside, you would love lost angles for produce, we have open air sun-drenched organic (local farmed) fruit n veg markets every day within 20 mins of our place...currently feasting on mid-season nectarines & end of season cherimoya, mmmmm....but awaiting the firework barrage as it's another one of their fist-pumping holidays!:>(O
  • Options
    What exact planet do you reside on @shootershill2tropics‌ ?
  • Options

What exact planet do you reside on @shootershill2tropics‌ ?

meaning you think i'm off-kilter? (guilty as charged:>)...or where do i currently reside most of the time?
  • Options
    Jamon Iberico
    Lamb kleftiko
    Manchego
    Marmite
    Lemon Curd
  • Options
    Eggs
    Lobster
    Seabass
    Sweet Potatoe
    Cheddar Cheese