Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brazil v Colombia

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2014

Speaking of stirring up the cauldron, Neymar's injury will increase the Brazilians' sense of entitlement to win the thing. When they lose to the Germans they will of course argue that it was only because Neymar was injured; they and Blatter will brush aside all criticisms of the refereeing by noting that the ref didn't punish the injury too.

Not good news this, and while I don't want Brazil to win, I want to see all the teams with their best players on show.

I'm sure you're right about the excuses etc. If they go on and win it, the "doing it without but for Neymar" (pass the sick bag) will be really ghastly.
    Best result would be if the Germans were to give them a good hiding, to rub in just how shallow the Brazilian pool of talent really is -
    not that Neymar is remotely top drawer compared to previous superstar Brazilians.
    Trouble is, I doubt that this German team is capable of giving anyone a thorough hiding. Can but hope.
  • Options

This bellowing out an extra verse of the anthem thing, after the music's finished, and the swooning over it by the BBC and ITV commentators afterwards is really nauseating. Totally orchestrated and fake "passion" designed purely to rev up nationalism in the population and defuse the protests.
    At the very least, it's disrespectful to the opposition IMHO. If I were Lahm in the semi final, I'd started walking down the line offering the handshake as soon as the Brazilian anthem's music's finished. He won't, of course. So long as they stuff 'em that'll do.

Interesting idea, though I'm not sure I agree that it would be right to do that. I've said on here before about how I find the contrived nature of extending the anthems to be tiresome, but an anthem is an anthem, so if the team are still singing their national tune, as disrespectful as that may be, it would be more disrespectful to interrupt it in my view.
    Apart from anything else, doing that would probably stir the place up into even more of a cauldron and that would only help Brazil.
    OK, in that case, the German players should belt out another unofficial verse to their own anthem and keep the buggers waiting. See how they like it.
  • Options
    Shrew said:

I thought for someone with a back injury the medical care for Neymar was awful, the stretcher bearers were running to get him off the pitch while he just bounced around on the hard plastic stretcher. No reason to run the upmost care should of been taken.The injury was probably made much worse and the pain must of been excruciating.

This. Couldn't believe it when they were bouncing him up and down, one of the key things to do with spinal injuries is to move them as little as possible. Maybe FIFA was saving some money by handing out bibs to members of the crowd.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    I've been called many things Red_in_SE8 but "delusional troll" is truly a first.....most amusing. Cheers.
  • Options

So now all the emotion and passion shown by the Brazilian players and fans is orchestrated and fake and designed to rev up nationalism!

Maybe Neymar is not really seriously injured? It is just a ploy to stir up more nationalism!

When people on here started posting nonsense about how boring it was to watch Barcelona and their tiki taka style of play simply because they were the best and most successful and most popular club side in living memory I suspected CL had been taken over by delusional trolls who didn't have a clue about football. My suspicions have now been confirmed.

There's no flies on you Red, well spotted!
  • Options

So now all the emotion and passion shown by the Brazilian players and fans is orchestrated and fake and designed to rev up nationalism!

Maybe Neymar is not really seriously injured? It is just a ploy to stir up more nationalism!

When people on here started posting nonsense about how boring it was to watch Barcelona and their tiki taka style of play simply because they were the best and most successful and most popular club side in living memory I suspected CL had been taken over by delusional trolls who didn't have a clue about football. My suspicions have now been confirmed.

Don't agree with nonsense about Barca being the the greatest team of all time etc, there not even the greatest in my memory. Real Madrid of the late 90's early 00's were better. I also don't buy into this "look at the passion in singing the anthem" They sung it against Croatia & Mexico as passionate as possible but both teams went out against them and played with a lot more passion than them.
  • Options
    I want Germany to win and I think they will. Losing Thiago Silva and Neymar is a big blow but I think Germany would have beaten them anyway. I just don't feel it with this Brazil team.

That ref yesterday did make some ridiculous decisions. Mind you, not surprised after the performance he put in for the England/Uruguay match. How they ended up with 11 men on the pitch is beyond me.
  • Options
    A European team will not be allowed to win the WC. If the Dutch get through watch them and Germany get suspect decisions against them.
  • Options

A European team will not be allowed to win the WC. If the Dutch get through watch them and Germany get suspect decisions against them.

Who will not allow a European team to win it? And why?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I reckon Germany and Holland will both prove too strong for Brazil and Argentina, despite weak referees.
    All European final beckons........though I could be having another delusional trip ;0)
  • Options
    edited July 2014

I reckon Germany and Holland will both prove too strong for Brazil and Argentina, despite weak referees.
    All European final beckons........though I could be having another delusional trip ;0)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Hmm....I have just nailed on Costa Rica to win tonight haven't I?
  • Options
    edited July 2014

This bellowing out an extra verse of the anthem thing, after the music's finished, and the swooning over it by the BBC and ITV commentators afterwards is really nauseating. Totally orchestrated and fake "passion" designed purely to rev up nationalism in the population and defuse the protests.
    At the very least, it's disrespectful to the opposition IMHO. If I were Lahm in the semi final, I'd started walking down the line offering the handshake as soon as the Brazilian anthem's music's finished. He won't, of course. So long as they stuff 'em that'll do.

Kidnap Rooney and Gerrard, stick them in yellow shirts and stand them out there for the anthem. That should stop the singing going on too long...
  • Options
    Some sections of the Brazil public wanting similar action to be taken against Ziniga(sp?) as against Suarez for the bite.

Where do you begin with that?
  • Options
    Strange bump I know, but it was a Brazil V Colombia game so oh well

Neymar has been banned for 4 matches(the rest of the Copa America) for a headbutt against Colombia
  • Options
    Seriously ?
  • Options

Best result would be if the Germans were to give them a good hiding, to rub in just how shallow the Brazilian pool of talent really is.

Good bit of foreshadowing that.

• Options
    Yes. Very strange bump.