Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lewis Hamilton

That qualifying sums up why he'll never be a true great in this sport. If your job is to be a professional sportsman, there is no excuse for taking your eye off the ball like he did today. He assumed he'd got pole and it's bitten him on the arse.
He's had bad luck this year, for sure, but in the main, his failings are down to him.

Comments

• Options
    What happened?
  • Options
    He was leading in qualifying and the final opportunity for a fast lap came, but it had been raining. Hamilton assumed it was too wet for anyone to go faster so he didn't bother. 5 drivers, yes that's FIVE drivers carried on and went faster than Hamilton.
    To be fair, in his interview afterwards he was clearly pissed off with himself and (correctly) took the blame, but there was no need to put himself in that position in the first place.
  • Options
    I am his biggest fan most of the time and in basic pace he is the quickest out there. Problem is that the brain is not fully engaged. He has had horrendous luck with 2 dnf's compared to Rosbergs none, nico throwing it off at Monaco too(we all know he blatantly did it) but this and Austria are down to him. As soon as Nico did it in Monaco I ssid straight away that Lewis would crack and that is whats happening. Shame as I am at Silverstone and having two German's on the front row will kill the atmosphere but never mind!
  • Options
    Yet again sulking like a child when he doesn't get what he wants.

Very unprofessional and doesn't seem to having the decision making that other drivers (Button for example) has when in the heat of the action.
  • Options

Yet again sulking like a child when he doesn't get what he wants.

Very unprofessional and doesn't seem to having the decision making that other drivers (Button for example) has when in the heat of the action.

Not sulking like a child. He is owning up to his errors unlike Rosberg who always had an excuse at the start of the year (despite ignoring the perfect reliability he has had). However that doesn't excuse Lewis having a monumental brain fade today which highlights a major weakness of his. Jenson has the decision making but not the speed to go with it. If you could merge the two you would have a guaranteed British world champion.....,
  • Options
    For me Lewis Hamilton's main issue is that he seems like such an unlikeable arsehole.
  • Options
    Was probably up all night writing poems for Nicole
  • Options
    Went to qualifying for the first time. Had a great day, but there was a palpable sense of shock when he didn't come round the final bend. It was such a let down. We all thought he was coming round to take a home pole in style.

In his defence, it was raining so much nobody expected the last laps to be fast. But he had nothing to lose by going round the last bend.
  • Options
    Rosberg is more professional, more likeable, has his head more screwed on and is just as fast as Hamilton. Lewis needs to remember he isn't calling the shots like he did at Mclaren
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Yes, let's get behind the foreigner instead of the horrible British person. After all we are all either shirkers who don't take it seriously enough, so will never be champions ( even when we have been in the past ), or we have such superior equipment that the others are at an unfair disadvantage, or we take it too seriously and are dour and miserable unlikable fuckers so we don't deserve to win...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Was probably up all night writing poems for Nicole

It is late into the night at Chez Hamilton and a lovestruck Lewis is busy at the keyboard...

Nicole Nicole I love her so
    I love her more than you can know
    As I sit here oh Nicole
    Dreaming of your lovely ****

Lewis
  • Options

Yes, let's get behind the foreigner instead of the horrible British person. After all we are all either shirkers who don't take it seriously enough, so will never be champions ( even when we have been in the past ), or we have such superior equipment that the others are at an unfair disadvantage, or we take it too seriously and are dour and miserable unlikable fuckers so we don't deserve to win...

This
  • Options
    Lewis Hamilton ‏@LewisHamilton · 47m
    I made a mistake today, a bad call that decided my qualifying. I'm so sorry to all the amazing fans! I'll push all the way for them tomorrow

Is this sulking like a childish arsehole?

• Options
    Croydon said:

Lewis Hamilton ‏@LewisHamilton · 47m
    I made a mistake today, a bad call that decided my qualifying. I'm so sorry to all the amazing fans! I'll push all the way for them tomorrow

Is this sulking like a childish arsehole?

In fairness, he can get pretty petulant when things don't go his way, but that's mostly because he really wants to win, which is commendable, and for the most part when it really is his fault, he'll say so. He doesn't seem overly dislikeable to me compared to the likes of (for example) John Terry, there is a certain arrogance you need to be successful at any competitive sport and fast cars and big money are always going to attract a certain kind of mindset. There aren't many (successful) modern formula one drivers who are renowned for their people skills - even Button is often called arrogant.
  • Options
    Not a fan of Hamilton, he is a fantastic driver but he has a persecution complex - which makes him an arse.

I would like him to win, but prefer to watch a driver like Alonso who tries his hardest no matter how bad the car.
  • Options
    Just to clarify the initial post - I like Hamilton. Yes he's a bit arrogant, but you'd do well to find a man who achieves an F1 lifestyle in his early twenties who isn't a bit up his own arse.
    My reason for posting was out of frustration with him. He's so talented but he always seems to find a way to fuck it up. He also seems to have been punished for every mistake this year, while Rosberg's got away with most of his, but that's by the by.
    Hamilton's undoubtedly talented, but when he's made mistakes in the past he's had the excuse of youth - he's now had too many chances to become a true great and, IMHO had shown that he never will be.
    I truly hope I'm wrong, but if I'm right, it's a real shame.
  • Options

Yes, let's get behind the foreigner instead of the horrible British person.

I thought all F1 drivers were from Switzerland................
  • Options

Just to clarify the initial post - I like Hamilton. Yes he's a bit arrogant, but you'd do well to find a man who achieves an F1 lifestyle in his early twenties who isn't a bit up his own arse.
    My reason for posting was out of frustration with him. He's so talented but he always seems to find a way to fuck it up. He also seems to have been punished for every mistake this year, while Rosberg's got away with most of his, but that's by the by.
    Hamilton's undoubtedly talented, but when he's made mistakes in the past he's had the excuse of youth - he's now had too many chances to become a true great and, IMHO had shown that he never will be.
    I truly hope I'm wrong, but if I'm right, it's a real shame.

Think you have summed it up perfectly. The best I have ever seen him was in the pre British gp GP2 race in 2006. Won the feature race on the Saturday, and with a reverse grid started the Sunday race from 8th. Passed everyone in 10 laps and won by half a minute or so. He was utterly sensational and overshadowed the gp for all the crowd.

No Nicole Scherzingher, no politics, no money, no pressure. Just a kid driving with immeasurable talent. No doubt his mental frailties have affected him massively.
  • Options
    Rightly or wrongly, in my head, if all cars were equal Lewis would be fastest round the circuit. But the qualities that make that possible are linked to why he's less likely to finish the race anyway.
  • Options
    Don't have to like/support him just cause he is British.

Liked him when come on the scene but seems that he became a 'the world is against me' merchant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never liked the idea that you have to support people based on where they're born.

Epecially in F1, all the teams have engineers from the UK anyway.
  • Options
    Big crash for Kimi
  • Options
    I bloody hate f1 but got free tickets courtesy of little bern. I'm so frickin bored.
  • Options
    Gifted the win thanks to a gear box issue.
  • Options
    Yes Lewis!!! Great stuff
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Coasting all the way...great drive Lewis. Gutted that Jenson couldn't quite grab 3rd!
  • Options
    Well done Lewis. Great win.
  • Options
    Glad to be wrong about Lewis always getting punished for his mistakes. Give him his dues, he took his opportunity and cashed in. Well done Lewis!
    Now if he can prove me wrong about being a true great that would make me very happy!!
  • Options
    Due some luck but shame races are decided like that really as it would have been a great battle between the 2.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Brilliant atmosphere at Silverstone on Sunday. As for people saying why should we get behind the British driver? You would have stuck out like a sore thumb sitting with a moody expression on your face amongst 100,000 Brits all toasting home sporting success (which we don't get a lot of - maybe that is why we find it hard to accept). In fact, in all my sporting experiences, I find F1 at Silverstone to have some of the most fervent and patriotic support outside of football. Think back to Mansell, Hill and now Lewis. Full on passion in the crowd. I mean - if England were in the WC final v Germany, we wouldn't get loads of people on here debating whether we have to get behind the country of our birth?

Lewis is still mentally fragile which he needs to work on. But that was karma for Rosberg. Constant cheating and good luck all year (take out the car breakdowns and Hamilton has schooled him) - that was the first time his car has missed a beat. If Lewis can keep his head together, he should win the championship. But that is a big IF.