Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Strauss calls KP a c*** live and broadcasted !

Whilst ads were on in UK, but was broadcasted live in Oz.

Well done Straussy, i say. 'bout time truth came out .

Comments

• Options
    Any video links of it?
  • Options
    Superb
  • Options
    Cue the usual suspects defending KP. I've played with players like KP, great match winning players but are horrible human beings. Albeit at a much lower level of cricket but they eventually piss enough people off and the right kind of people to be dumped and not touched by anyone with a barge pole.

Fair play straussy. One of my best and oldest friends is a c u next Tuesday, somehow I'm still great mates with him, doesn't mean straussy and KP don't get on. Just KP is a c*nt and people like that rub people the wrong way.
  • Options
    Fair play to Strauss because KP quite clearly rubs people up the wrong way and if your best mate is Piers Morgan then.....

However, Strauss did not really need this but as they say you must always assume the microphone is live!
  • Options
    On a slightly different note I had the pleasure of meeting Mr strauss as well as Mr Nasser Hussain at the Surrey vs Kent t20 game last Wednesday.. they were doing bits for the camera in the middle before the game and then came through the block where we were sitting on their way to the commentary box. Nasser said a quick hi but straussy was good enough to stop for a chat! Second time I've met him and I'll say that he's a great guy and has always come across so.. I'd trust his judgement on all gongs cricket related and clearly kp was a disruptive influence to day the least! Don't rink It's a case of the face didn't fit, more of a case of not wanting to fit!
  • Options
    A bit weird that the context of the comment isn't reported anywhere.
    The apology and the use of the c word is widely reported, but I can't find any mention anywhere of what the conversation between Strauss and Knight actually was.
    I mean, if Strauss launched into an unexpected and unprovoked rant about KP being a c**t, that's surely different to being asked what he thought of KP and responding that he thinks he's a bit of a c**t.
    If the second scenario is more accurate, I don't see that it's that big an issue - after all, Pietersen is a c**t.
    :-)
  • Options
    I'm with Strass on this one, and that goes double for Piers Morgan!
  • Options
    I'm a fan of KP and a fan of Strauss. I don't the full ins and outs of the fall out but it seems to me that some of the England team and the ECB are a little bit precious.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Muttley, won't be best pleased. He said on the Test Match thread, about Cook and Pietersen :-

"Can't bring him in straight away but I'd bring KP back as captain when possible - and the first thing I'd ask him is if he can play with the coward. He'd probably say yes because he is the better man. Then I'd tell the coward to concentrate on improving his average and try to get back in KP's side."

Personally, I'm on the side of ABP. (Anyone but Pietersen). I believe Strauss is right and if Pietersen, a traitor, communicating with the opposition, against his own captain, is a better man than Cook, then, well, words fail me.
  • Options
    Only ever seeing Strauss on tv, and reading about him, all I get to see is the media version of him. Having said that, i get the impression that he is a decent person and that he wouldnt call someone a name that did not deserve it.
    KP on the other hand has shown that although a great cricketer seems the complete opposite to Strauss.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Met KP at a few charity events and he's a top bloke.

Strauss comes across as dull as dish water. Probably why he made a good England captain.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    KP may be a C*** but he a talented C*** who should be spearheading our English cricket team. IMHO
  • Options
    They're grown men, people learn to work with people they dislike all the time.

If KP is good enough he should be on the team.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I honestly, don't understand how anyone can want Pietersen in The England team, after he contacted the opposition, to plot against his own captain (and therefore his own team). It's about the same judgement call for me, as not wanting Charlton to sign Lee Hughes . I'd rather give someone else a chance, than play Pietersen who was conspiring against his own team.

If Charlton were playing Millwall next week and a talented Charlton player texted the Millwall captain, giving him some tips, on how Millwall could win, I'm afraid I wouldn't want him to play for Charlton again.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/international/england/10341300/Former-England-captain-Andrew-Strauss-lifts-lid-on-feud-with-Kevin-Pietersen-the-South-Africa-series-and-textgate.html
  • Options

I honestly, don't understand how anyone can want Pietersen in The England team, after he contacted the opposition, to plot against his own captain (and therefore his own team). It's about the same judgement call for me, as not wanting Charlton to sign Lee Hughes . I'd rather give someone else a chance, than play Pietersen who was conspiring against his own team.

If Charlton were playing Millwall next week and a talented Charlton player texted the Millwall captain, giving him some tips, on how Millwall could win, I'm afraid I wouldn't want him to play for Charlton again.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/international/england/10341300/Former-England-captain-Andrew-Strauss-lifts-lid-on-feud-with-Kevin-Pietersen-the-South-Africa-series-and-textgate.html

You do realise on your own link it says that Strauss took back the claim that KP gave the opposition tips to get him out...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Yes, Strauss thinks in hindsight, that perhaps Pietersen didn't give tips on how to get Strauss out. However, it's not certian and in any case Pietersen shouldn't have been texting the opposition captain, criticising his own captain.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

KP may be a C*** but he was a talented C***.

Fixed it for you.

• Options
    For kp to get anywhere near the England team he needs to start scoring runs.. no first class matches so far this season so that rules out the test team. And he had such a terrible ipl and is looking no better for Surrey so nope I don't want him back! Of he were to score runs some might see it different.. I however will not want him back at all!
  • Options
    More of a d!ck than a c@nt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

More of a d!ck than a c@nt.

Was it a c@nt or a c&ck?

• Options
    Is anyone yet aware of what was actually said and the context?
  • Options
    As others have said already we are now into July and KP has zero runs in First Class Cricket - he is not even remotely selectable let alone as Skipper!

Time for all concerned to move on and get behind the new players like Ali, Stokes and Robson.
  • Options

As others have said already we are now into July and KP has zero runs in First Class Cricket - he is not even remotely selectable let alone as Skipper!

Time for all concerned to move on and get behind the new players like Ali, Stokes and Robson.

Agree, as Henry would say...'move on'.
  • Options
    Why doesn't he play county cricket?kp' s decision or surrey
  • Options

That's KP's choice.
  • Options

That's KP's choice.
    A crowd of one man and his dog isn't really KP's "bag".

• Options
    At his age, and with injuries he's had, the only reason to play 4 day cricket would be to seek a test recall. A recall which he has been told is never going to happen by the ECB.

He may as well prolong his playing career by playing just the short formats, and earn as much as he can by being a global 20/20 mercenary.

I don't mind Pietersen at all, I think he's been a fantastic player for us in the last 10 years
  • Options
    He's off to play T20 in the Caribbean isn't he?

The very definition of a hired gun. I've never liked KP's personality but you can't doubt his ability with the bat. I guess it came to a point where the amount of bullshit the England team had to put up with seemed not worth it in comparison to his run return.

Can't say I blame Strauss especially after what KP did with textgate. The ECB massively messed up by letting him back in the team after that.
  • Options
    I haven't got an issue with Strauss calling him that and whilst I don't know the bloke on a level to call it, I appreciate that often there is no smoke with out fire. But assuming that KP is one -my point was always that that fact shouldn't prevent him playing for England if his form deserves it. It is a much fairer point that his current form may not derserve it - but I stand by my view of Cook. It is a big part of his job to make England work with its best players!