Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Argentina vs Germany

Comments

• Options
    Another big game that Messi completely disappears in.

Walking for 70 minutes of the game. Never in the same league as Maradona
  • Options
    For me it was very close between Schwinstieger and Boateng but he made a couple of brilliant interceptions that keep em in it when Argentina had a little patch on top.
  • Options
    Glad the Germans won. There's nothing like watching Argentina play for making you want the other team to win. On Spanish TV, they're saying Messi is one of the nominations for the golden boot of the world cup! I cam only assume it's am award for stuff players do prior ro the world cup, as he's been mostly annonymous in Brazil, apart from the hype,
  • Options
    Rothko said:

A triumph for developing your kids, having fans owning their clubs, and a culture where the National team matters

Well put but sadly I think that boat sailed for us some time ago thanks to the FA and Premium League.
  • Options
    Jeez some of these guys are punching well above their weight in the WAG stakes...
  • Options

Jeez some of these guys are punching well above their weight in the WAG stakes...

They just won the World Cup, let them enjoy it for one night.
  • Options
    The Argies look like a bunch of surly POWs at Goose Green.
  • Options

Will it be a borefest like the 1990 final?

Called it
  • Options
    Could Neuer look more German ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure about Messi getting the golden ball, I would've given Neuer both trophies
  • Options
    Surely Rodriguez was the best player of the World Cup?
  • Options
    Messi isn't as good as Ronaldo and proved it tonight, walking most of the game, seemed scared to take on any Germans

Shame Ron's team mates are much worse than Messi' s
  • Options

They just won the World Cup, let them enjoy it for one night.
    Ooh alright then. I was going to ring all 'em up and tell 'em their girlfriend was in a league above but now you're just making me feel bad ;-)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Messi isn't as good as Ronaldo and proved it tonight, walking most of the game, seemed scared to take on any Germans

Shame Ron's team mates are much worse than Messi' s

Shame neither of them was really that fit.

No way was Messi the best player.
  • Options

Surely Rodriguez was the best player of the World Cup?

Yes him or, much as it galls me to say it, Robben
  • Options
    Messi player of the tournament? What a complete piss take.
  • Options
    Mario Götze and André Schürrle (the assister) were the first players born under reunified Germany to play for the national team, and just scored the goal to win the first World Cup as reunified Germany
  • Options
    Didn't enjoy that much, damp squid, great goal to win it. Absolute FIFA fiasco afterwards.

The media view was that a South American country had to win. So I'm glad that the World Cup is coming back to much maligned written-off Old Europe. Agree with Rothko above.
  • Options
    I think Neuer is the best keeper I have seen, transforms the position into a new role.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think Neuer is the best keeper I have seen, transforms the position into a new role.

Reminds me of Schmeichel in his presence, the way he stands up to strikers and his distribution.

And Schmeichel is the best keeper I've seen so can't be bad.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

How good was that pic with the sun and the statue feck the footie that was quality

Did they show it on ITV though?
    Jesus saves.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Liked Messi until the pundits started going on and on and on and on about how upset he must be because they lost - as if there weren't another 20-odd players in the squad. Now I hate him and hope he never signs for us. Bloody Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink the second.
  • Options
    Cracking final for me. Both teams had chances to win it. Best team won and what a goal to win the final. As has been said before how did Mascherano and Aguero not get second yellows? Because the ref bottled it just like yesterday's ref bottled it 3 mins in.
  • Options

How good was that pic with the sun and the statue feck the footie that was quality

Well I presume they showed the same feed from host nation. Unless 150 channels had their own cameras in the ground!
  • Options
    Best thing to come out of that game was me winning a signed Gerrard shirt :)image
  • Options
    A fine, albeit extremely tense, game, which was a worthy way to round off an excellent tournament. Won by a great goal and I was really pleased it didn't go to penalties.

The Argentines had the better chances overall but were not clinical in front of goal and you can't afford to have your forwards misfiring in a World Cup Final. The Germans finished the stronger in extra time. No one payer dominated but Boateng and Schurrle made big contributions.

A bit of a shambles at the end, with the pitch invaded by WAGs and kids before the presentations (and people complain about Welling v Charlton....).
  • Options
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
  • Options

• Options
    Rothko said:

A triumph for developing your kids, having fans owning their clubs, and a culture where the National team matters

....all of the above (and safe standing!)