Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bar B Q's in Parks. Right or wrong?

Burnt grass, the smell of burnt flesh and drunk morons, or an expression of summertime Britain and a sense of freedom?
Which side of the (charred) fence do you sit on?

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Beach yes. Park no.
  • Options
    Park yes. Used to when I was younger. Fine if ur responsible and tidy up after.
  • Options
    Do as you likey generation don't clear up though do they?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Yes, crack on, clear up, have some Fcking morals, no debate. ,
  • Options

Right...an entire generation of people don't tidy up after themselves !

BBQ's in parks are fine by me.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Right...an entire generation of people don't tidy up after themselves !

BBQ's in parks are fine by me.
    Good for you
  • Options
    If you're going to trot out news stories that the BBC have been running as a result of baldy milwall C Listers trying to get a bit of attention, you should cite them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-28230370
  • Options
    Those disposable BBQ's should be done under the trades description act.
    Those that use them are very sad.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

If you're going to trot out news stories that the BBC have been running as a result of baldy milwall C Listers trying to get a bit of attention, you should cite them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-28230370

Does that apply to every thread Morts or are you just particularly grumpy tonight?
    Jeez some people are sooo damn serious.
    Lighten up (your Bar B Q)
  • Options
    works ok in Australia. Pitch up at a designated BBQ/park with your food & drink and there are special benches with bbq's attached.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

works ok in Australia. Pitch up at a designated BBQ/park with your food & drink and there are special benches with bbq's attached.

Same here, at least in Edmonton. As long as the people having them tidy up after themselves and don't get rowdy to the extent of ruining other peoples enjoyment of the park i can't see the issue myself.
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    Absolutely fine if you do it right and tidy up afterwards
  • Options

Burnt grass, the smell of burnt flesh and drunk morons, or an expression of summertime Britain and a sense of freedom?
    Which side of the (charred) fence do you sit on?

the outdoor crematorium is totally oafish and anti-social, before the environmental concerns are even raised.
  • Options
    All the knobs I see with them never tidy up.

• Options
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    Environmental concerns of a BBQ...
  • Options
    As @golfaddick‌ said, we have a lot of them over here, and seeing as most Aussies were brought up cooking on barbies, there is etiquette and good BBQ manners. You'll often find different families sharing a big hot plate, and everyone is very hospitable. I've yet to see a dirty public BBQ over here in 21 years. It's just an unspoken rule to leave it in a state.
  • Options
    The answer's simple: If the relevant bye laws say they are not permitted it's "wrong". If they are silent on the matter then they are "right".

That said, many parks and beaches in places like the US and Australia have dedicated BBQ areas will built-in BBQ pits and seating areas. We should have those too.
  • Options
    It's hard enough to get people to clear their dogs shit up in parks!
    Why anyone would choose to cook in amongst faeces city is beyond me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    a million percent yes - if you tidy up after.

if you still don't like it i suggest you don't leave the house as you are bound to encounter other people!
  • Options
    No problem in principle however I see far too many instances down on the beach where groups think it's acceptable to get up and leave their mess for the council to clear up. Then you have those whose idea of clearing up is to throw a disposal bbq into the nearest bin whilst it's still red hot.

If the bin doesn't go up or melt itself it all too often results in a fire in the back of the wagon meaning it has to drop its load (oh er missus) sharpish in the middle of the road or the lorries a write off. I know it drives my colleagues on the bins mental and this time of year slows them right down as they have to keep an eye out for them and pick em out.

The answer is proper permanent bbq facilities of course but there will never be enough when there's 100,000+ on the beach on a Bank Holiday...most of them parked in my road.
  • Options

It's hard enough to get people to clear their dogs shit up in parks!
    Why anyone would choose to cook in amongst faeces city is beyond me.

Sounds like what it would be like to have a BBQ on the pitch at Millwall.
  • Options
    Greenwich park would be perfect!
    Venison, duck and geese are all at hand for the great unwashed to have the perfect day out.

• Options
    Little bit this, little bit that.
    I am generally in favour of picnics, and BBQ's which are lovely outdoors and bring people together.
    My observations are:
    Fixed shared BBQ's are exclusive to carnivores because a vegetarian won't want to cook on a grill thingy covered in animal stuff.
    The majority of people like it, but the smell of cooking meat makes some of us gag (they do this in my local Sainsbury's, and it is totally vile to me).
    People really don't seem to give a damn and can damage their surrounds, and leave a mess for somebody else to clear up (like the dog walkers, especially those who hang parcels of dog mess in plastic bags on branches).
    So I reckon that a BBQ party should deposit £10 with the parkie, and get something like £6/7 back once the parkie has checked they have left their area clear clean and tidy. If they don't do that, the parkie should have a mobile mini water cannon to flood the Barbie and the foodstuffs.
    Draconian, but educative.
  • Options
    You're showing your age Seth. Parkies!!
  • Options
    At least BBQs are outdoors. I hate people that got on a train at night and eat Big Mac or something equally disgusting.
  • Options

At least BBQs are outdoors. I hate people that got on a train at night and eat Big Mac or something equally disgusting.

Nail on head. Stinks the carriage out, and the poxy smell remains with you long after they or you have got off the train.

• Options
    Dont understand all this. I know our country is overly packed for a tiny island to the point of a joke, but I dont see how it is either a right or wrong matter. If someone sets up a BBQ outdoors with there mates, whatever dickhead personalities they might have, unless its on private property, then there is no real reason to give a toss if they are somewhat minding there own business.

England is not exactly the most adventurously attractive place to live. I wish I had the balls to save money and f*ck off to america or something!
  • Options

You're showing your age Seth. Parkies!!

What an incredibly un-PC term. He's a bloody grazer as well! Tut tut.

;0)