Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leon Cort announces retirement

Comments

• Options
    Proper player and bloke.

Good luck for the future
  • Options
    Best of luck Leon. Top pro.
  • Options
    Said it on the thread when he was released...I thought he was our best centre half and I always felt better when he was in the team. Showed his class on the pitch and off it when he signed up to CL and posted a great response.

Wish him all the very best in whatever he chooses to do. Will always get a great response at The Valley from me.
  • Options
    All the best Leon, can only echo the comments above.
  • Options
    Good luck Leon, top bloke.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I should imagine after playing for Southend v Braintree in a friendly, he thought to himself, I just can't motivate myself to perform at this level and decided it was time to quit. Either that or his old injuries were still playing up & he had creaking bones.
    Anyway, top bloke & player and I wish him well & sure he'll do just fine.
  • Options
    Good luck for he future Leon, an excellent player and person for us.

That Southend article was interesting for the other trailists and potential signings mentioned, which included Gavin Hoyte who has a stack of England youth caps, and Hogan Ephraim, released by QPR
  • Options
    Great player for us. Good luck
  • Options
    Move on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only kidding. Loved this guy although he got more likes than me with one post.
  • Options
    Total respect for you Leon, a real footballer and a credit to the game. All the very best for the future.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Good luck Leon. Was a massive shame he was plagued with injuries but a great servant nonetheless.

Would someone be so kind as to link where Cort came on here? Must have missed that.
  • Options
    Thank you Leon. You played to the max. Top man!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    Leons spell with us reminded me of when Chris Whyte (albeit for a shorter spell) played for us , a class act
  • Options
    Top player, top professional, top man. Will certainly be missed at CAFC. All the best for the future Leon
  • Options
    Good luck Leon, and thanks for everything.

2012 was the most enjoyable year I've had following Charlton, and Leon played a big part on the pitch.

Birmingham away was top notch.

Though he was only with us a few years, everything about him (commitment, team player, respectful) just makes me think 'proper Charlton' - and there is no bigger compliment in Football than that ;)
  • Options
    I wIsh him luck on whatever he goes onto.

if all our players in the recent past played with the same passion and effort as him we would still be happily playing in the PL.

A model pro and a credit to his profession.

• Options
    Sad to hear that news, Leon.

Others have said it all but I'm sure you'll be a success in whatever you turn your hand (or foot!) to.

Good luck & take care.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck Leon in whatever comes next. Always conducted himself well on the pitch and off. Always committed, never shirked. And I'd echo what some others have said, I always felt calm when Corty came on.
  • Options
    Thanks Mate Great PROFESSIONAL gave your all for Charlton. I wish you all the very best for the future.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-_aUYurjGM

Thanks Leon. Good luck with the future.

Still love watching this. Top man Leon. On to the next chapter for you. All the very best.
  • Options
    All the best Leon. Apart from being a decent player for us, he is also a top fella off the pitch. I had the privilage of sitting next to him at the POTY award in 2013. So polite and easy to talk to.

I wish you well in your future pursuits sir..............
  • Options
    Good luck @cortster for the future. Always calm and assured. Shame about the injuries. Wore the shirt with pride.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Said it on the thread when he was released...I thought he was our best centre half and I always felt better when he was in the team. Showed his class on the pitch and off it when he signed up to CL and posted a great response.

Wish him all the very best in whatever he chooses to do. Will always get a great response at The Valley from me.

I ust have missed this, any links?
  • Options
    Great player. Worked hard for the team and gave it his all every time. Wish him a long and happy retirement
  • Options
    One of Powell's best signings.
  • Options
    Top man, top player, probably be a top coach if that's the route he wants to go. Will always have time for Big Leon.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Leon never put a foot wrong for us.
    Always felt comfortable with him in the starting line up.
    Solid defender and a top bloke!