Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bets on Charlton

2»

Comments

• Options
    I stuck £10 on a top half finish at 7/2 with Skybet
  • Options

Have bought our points at 52 for £100 a point

Does it also mean you have to keep£5200 in your spreadbet account?
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Does it also mean you have to keep£5200 in your spreadbet account?
    I suspect he has a significantly better credit rating than yow.

...and me.
  • Options
    He does indeed. I love a bet not sure I could hand over £5200 even though I know I would be getting a good chunk of it back
  • Options
    plenty of good bailiff advice on the wheelclamp thread if it all goes tits up!
  • Options
    You would nt have to have that in your account to place the bet . The market will be 50-52 or similar so your loss is only £200 , you will have a credit rating and/or a nominal limit in place so if you go beyond that they'll start chasing you for some cash
  • Options
    Oddschecker is showing you can get Charlton in the handicap at 27 points at 18-1. But everytime I try to bet it says bet no bet longer available as event may have finished (with multiple bookies) - anyone got any idea why?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Shag said:

You would nt have to have that in your account to place the bet . The market will be 50-52 or similar so your loss is only £200 , you will have a credit rating and/or a nominal limit in place so if you go beyond that they'll start chasing you for some cash

Doesn't work that way, Shag. The 50 in your 50-52 spread is the selling point. Unless a stop loss was put on the bet then if for example we ended up with 30 points the loss would be 22 x £100 - £2,200 if you bought at 52.

Conversely if you sold at 50 and we end up with 70 points you would lose 20 x £100.
  • Options
    May well have been taken down due to the imminent signing of multi million pound striker ! Try later, when he,s signed for someone else.
  • Options
    £5 on Igor at 150/1
    and £20 on Promotion at 18/1 (not the best odds now)

This is my first post on CL. Been reading it for years but getting involved now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

Shag said:

Doesn't work that way, Shag. the 50 in your 50-52 spread is the selling point. Unless a stop loss was put on the bet then if for example we ended up with 30 points then the loss would be 22 x £100 - £2,200.
    I'm saying you would nt have to have the £5200 in your account to fund the bet which was what the question was . It will show up in your account as £200 down , if the market is 50-52 , until the market moves as the season progresses
  • Options
    Shag said:

bobmunro said:

Shag said:

Doesn't work that way, Shag. the 50 in your 50-52 spread is the selling point. Unless a stop loss was put on the bet then if for example we ended up with 30 points then the loss would be 22 x £100 - £2,200.
    I'm saying you would nt have to have the £5200 in your account to fund the bet which was what the question was . It will show up in your account as £200 down , if the market is 50-52 , until the market moves as the season progresses
    Sorry I misread your 'loss is only £200' as meaning your maximum loss.
  • Options
    Anyway he's gonna clean up on the bet so its all epidemic
  • Options
    Yes you are correct ValleyGary but really can't see us doing worse than last year.Cheers for the good luck Shag and your right you can't beat a spread bet.
  • Options
    I'm probably alone here but I'd rather bet on us going down than up or playoffs, makes things far less stressful during the season and it's the only bet I'd want to lose.
  • Options
    Vetokele to finish top scorer of the Championship at 151-1 is well overpriced.

While I don't expect him to finish top if you bet with PaddyPower you can put an E/W bet on him which is value for money. They payout the top 4 places
  • Options

Good job TJ is still not here, with the possibility of having -10 pts by going into admin.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Like everyone else I have absolutely no idea what's going on with the team and no clue as to how things are going to pan out. To start with I see our goal as the same as the last 2 seasons, survival, and will adjust accordingly when we've played a string of competitive games.

But saying that, last week I did but a tenner on us finishing top 6 and a tenner on promotion for absolutely no discernible reason.
  • Options
    Any sites that offer a free bet / promotion for first time bets which I can use to bet on Charlton for the season?
  • Options
    Chucked a 5er on Vetokele top goalscorer at 150/1 and Spurs, Charlton and Shef Utd all to finish top 6 at about 22/1.

If we sign Delort I wonder what odds you could get on him being top goal scorer.