Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Johnnie Jackson

Comments

• Options
    Jarman said:

Jacko has never reliedj on his pace so that isn't an issue.
    I wonder that his age will maybe cause him more injuries but as our captain, I would go as far as saying he is the best we've had in the last 20 years.

A proper London boy who know's what the score is at Charlton and he genuinely gives a sh** about our club.

Second behind Mark Kinsella for me.
  • Options
    31 is not that old for a footballer. He can still serve us, no problem at all.
  • Options
    An intense pre-season working a high load on fitness would be good for him in my opinion.
  • Options

Jarman said:

I wonder that his age will maybe cause him more injuries but as our captain, I would go as far as saying he is the best we've had in the last 20 years.

A proper London boy who know's what the score is at Charlton and he genuinely gives a sh** about our club.

Don't get me wrong I Loved Kins as skipper!
    Just think Jacko edges it for me, something about left footers-always make better footballers :)
  • Options
    Theres a reason he was kept on by CP when pretty much everyone else was binned off and the same reason will keep him in the side during this period of change, he's the heartbeat of the side and has been for 3 seasons, pretty sure he will be for at least two more. Best decision Powell made was making him skipper, better even than signing Kermorgant.
  • Options

Jarman said:

Kinsella, legend on the pitch for us, but Jackson to me is a better captain, more vocal and outgoing
  • Options
    Oddly enough I think the key word being used on this thread is "legend". I personally think JJ will make the move into that elite band of Charlton players.
  • Options
    Probably his most important season for us captain wise. His first season was obviously a bit of a breeze but he instilled, along with Powell, a team ethic and togetherness that cannot be underestimated. He has said on many occasions how he loved captaining that squad.

The first season in the Championship, whilst trickier than the season before, saw him skipper a group of players who still had the togetherness that was forged the season before.

Last season was obviously difficult for a number of reasons and I believe he played a key role in galvanising everyone once Powell had left. We all know he and Powell were very close but Jackson, along with the likes of Hughes and Morrison, recognised the need to 'move on' and contributed to us escaping relegation.

I hope Peeters recognises his commitment to us and strikes up a good relationship with him. Part of Jackson's role this year is to help the players gel both on and off the pitch and ensure the new additions are aware of the expectations of their fellow players and fans.

He is an important player on the pitch with his goals and assists but I think his biggest contribution this year will be off the pitch. He is definitely up to it. Presents as an honest and hard working pro who leads from the front.
  • Options
    He will play at least 60/70% of our league games, no doubt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Oddly enough I think the key word being used on this thread is "legend". I personally think JJ will make the move into that elite band of Charlton players.

I think he's probably already there as a club legend. Kinsella edges it for me though purely because of what he achieved as Captain. Two promotions to the Premier League, one as a Championship winning side. He then went on to be on of our all-time greatest players in the top flight. i love Jacko too though and he has had to deal with more adverse times than Kinsella ever had to.
  • Options
    Big Bob should know by now that if he wants a player who will give 100% & run his socks off in EVERY match he plays in, then JJ is his man.

That's aside from the respect he always earns from his fellow players and from his popularity amongst the faithful.

A legend for me & high on my list of all time faves.
  • Options
    Can't see him starting much in a 4-4-2 but if we went with a 4-5-1 he will get a few games.
  • Options
    Don't believe in Club Captain and team captain. It's Captain and Vice as far as i'm concerned, Vice wears the armband when Club Captain doesn't play. For me I feel JJ might need to be in a 3 or a diamond for him to be able to play much as much this season. Love him to pieces but not sure he's got the legs anymore to cover enough ground in a 2.
  • Options
    I think last season was a drag on him, the club was in turmoil, the pitch was disgraceful, players would of spoken to each other about the un rest, it just wasn't a positive environment and although JJ worked his socks off to lift the players and avoid relegation, it had to of been a strain on him. I think JJ will be a better player this season than last.
  • Options
    Jacko = pure class, proper Charlton & well on the way to being a bona fide legend.

Having him around in any capacity is good for our club in numerous ways. The guy is solid as a rock.
  • Options

Don't believe in Club Captain and team captain. It's Captain and Vice as far as i'm concerned, Vice wears the armband when Club Captain doesn't play. For me I feel JJ might need to be in a 3 or a diamond for him to be able to play much as much this season. Love him to pieces but not sure he's got the legs anymore to cover enough ground in a 2.

I'd be happy to be JJ's Vice ..

:-)
  • Options
    Love JJ and all he has done to date, but not fit to lace Kinsella's boots imo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will be an important player for us this season and will be good on the pitch and influential in the dressing room.

He has plenty of experience and this will be much needed with the recent squad additions.

He gets goals as well.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Don't compare Jacko with Gerrard.

A complete different class....

Gerrard isn't fit to lace his boots.

This. Wouldn't cross the room to get Gerrard's autograph........even on a cheque. Jacko is all about heart for Charlton and with that he's earned the respect of players and fans alike. He's never been a speedy winger but he has guts to keep his head up and that of his crew when the shit is hitting the fan. He'll be needed this season to lead the younger ones and knit together the new ones. Not going anywhere anytime soon hopefully.
  • Options

Love JJ and all he has done to date, but not fit to lace Kinsella's boots imo.

Maybe correct, in terms of ability, but, what is the need to say stuff like that ?
  • Options
    earlier in the thread some were saying best captain in last 20 years.
  • Options
    btw - agree that Kinsella was a great, and better, player than JJ
  • Options
    Premier league, world cup player. After Killer, my favourite player. Just my opinion
  • Options
    Kinsella was the better Footballer...
    Jackson is the better Leader / Captain
  • Options

Kinsella was the better Footballer...
    Jackson is the better Leader / Captain

Disagree. I love JJ, but Kinsella wins on both counts, by some distance.