Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southampton

124»

Comments

• Options
    up to 3rd. Man u shocking, don't think they had a shot on target.
  • Options
    Thought Saints were fantastic and fully deserved that. Man Utd weren't great but that was largely because how well Southampton defended.

They reminded me of Charlton at our very best under Curbs. Often away from home you'd think we were under the cosh when we were actually just controlling the game defensively through being really bloody organised and then later in the second half we'd get a bit more adventurous and pinch it 1-0.

Those days seem a long time ago right now.
  • Options
    Ronald Koeman - shrewd operator.

Sells over rated players for millions and buys better players from around europe for half the price. Pelle, Tadic, Bertrand, Mane, Forster, all superb signings.
  • Options
    If Koeman gets them into the champions league then he has done a bloody brilliant job and should get premiership manager of the year!
  • Options

From Administration and League One to third in the Prem. An amazing story.
    Good luck to them.

And all those still out of pocket from their scummy decision to go into administration
  • Options

Sells over rated players for millions and buys better players from around europe for half the price. Pelle, Tadic, Bertrand, Mane, Forster, all superb signings.

From October but an interesting article, particularly the bits about the players they signed. Many of them were long term targets and they already know who they want to sign next summer http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/southampton/11140340/The-inside-story-of-Southamptons-brilliant-start-to-the-Premier-League-season-under-Ronald-Koeman.html
  • Options
    Scoham said:

From October but an interesting article, particularly the bits about the players they signed. Many of them were long term targets and they already know who they want to sign next summer http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/southampton/11140340/The-inside-story-of-Southamptons-brilliant-start-to-the-Premier-League-season-under-Ronald-Koeman.html
    Some guy called Les Reed there, the name sounds familiar... :-)
  • Options
    Sadio Mane has just scored the quickest hat-trick in Premier League history.
  • Options
    5-0 now 3 for Mane 2 for Long
  • Options
    I'm sure Tim 'I tell it how it is' Sherwood will tell them how it is at half time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm watching the game. Villa's defence is a total disaster.
  • Options

I watched it with my Villa supporting mate, ha, the Hull game cheered him up though.
  • Options

I watched it with my Villa supporting mate, ha, the Hull game cheered him up though.
    Yeah it was kind of ironic - thanks to Spurs/Hull, the Villa fans could still have a celebration that day even after such a heavy defeat.
  • Options
    Strange fact:

Southampton scored 40 goal in 36 matches;
    and 14 goals in 2 matches: Sunderland and Villa.