Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    Churchill non runner
  • Options
    happy i had a punt on lancaster bomber earlier.
  • Options
    ribchester turned over by a 20/1 shot
  • Options
    The conditions make it all a stupid lottery. Bollocks to it
  • Options
    tbh any punter that was backing ribchester today in them conditions is foolish.
  • Options
    Cr*pwood!
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

SKIFFLE 4.45. Best horse in the race. Travelled powerfully at Newmarket but ran out of steam over 1m4f. Back to 1m1f, down in class, likes cut in the ground, course form, Buick on board. A lot to like. Last victory came here over C&D where she beat the Black Princess who has gone on to win the Lancashire Oaks. Bet of the day for me and in many ways similar to your D'bai tip last week. Backing on the nose and in doubles with Tamleek/Wolf Country who are best horses in their race as well

Comes from a bloke who knows his stuff - winning record and part time contributor to 2ptswin.

Still running
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

PaddyP17 said:

SKIFFLE 4.45. Best horse in the race. Travelled powerfully at Newmarket but ran out of steam over 1m4f. Back to 1m1f, down in class, likes cut in the ground, course form, Buick on board. A lot to like. Last victory came here over C&D where she beat the Black Princess who has gone on to win the Lancashire Oaks. Bet of the day for me and in many ways similar to your D'bai tip last week. Backing on the nose and in doubles with Tamleek/Wolf Country who are best horses in their race as well

Comes from a bloke who knows his stuff - winning record and part time contributor to 2ptswin.

Still running
    Yeah. Backwards.

Then again I think the conditions - which were fucking terrible - put paid to any tipping today
  • Options
    Cool Sky (which I didn't back) had great form in soft going as did Here Comes When (which I did !).
    Forget the form book and dig out the mudlarks !
  • Options

Cool Sky (which I didn't back) had great form in soft going as did Here Comes When (which I did !).

Spot on!

It's such a shame that for me the best summer racing festival (Goodwood is a magical place and easily my favourite flat racecourse) has been turned into this shambles because of the weather.

Contrary to what most may think, us bookmakers (off-course anyway) don't want it like this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

Spot on!

It's such a shame that for me the best summer racing festival (Goodwood is a magical place and easily my favourite flat racecourse) has been turned into this shambles because of the weather.

Contrary to what most may think, us bookmakers (off-course anyway) don't want it like this.
    The house has, what, usually a 5-10% edge on the punters when it comes to horse racing and most other sports?

Which is, of course, huge - and bookies create a very good illusion that you might well come out well ahead.

I'm guessing, though, that when conditions get like this, the edge becomes so big for you lot (which is great short term), but drives punters away, because they'll see it as a complete shitshow. I wonder what the mechanics are to react to results like we've seen at GG - which I guess are outside most people's farthest reaches of variance...
  • Options
    winter to get turned over today?, i think it will struggle the ground is still gonna be bad, and gosden had concerns over the trip.

the 1st race the only horse that has performed in soft is good omen.

• Options
    I'll summarise the WhatsApp group this morning in bullet points:

- Praying hands emojis
    - "C'mon Cardsharp and Winter" [loads of guys have absolutely nailed into them, both as a double, and in combos with Marsha]
    - BEN LINFOOT IS GOD*
    - "Goodwood has been shite"

That said, everyone's come back for another crack, and the consensus is thus:

1.50 - Rumpole
    2.25 - Dubka
    3.00 - Cardsharp
    3.35 - Winter (saver on So Mi Dar for the sake of everyone's accas)
    4.10 - Veejay
    4.45 - Ripley (some have Roulette because god knows what the race will be like)
    5.20 - Megan Lily

*BL's tips are:

1pt win Hold Sway, 1.50
    1pt win Rumpole, 1.50
    1pt win Dubka, 2.25
    1pt win Megan Lily, 5.20
  • Options

winter to get turned over today?, i think it will struggle the ground is still gonna be bad, and gosden had concerns over the trip.

the 1st race the only horse that has performed in soft is good omen.

that's more like it.
  • Options
    the issue with race meetings like this being televised is they fill the time between races with fashion tips and other shit.
  • Options
    and then dubka gets gutted like that on the line ffs
  • Options

and then dubka gets gutted like that on the line ffs

Typical timing for a favourite to finally show up...
  • Options
    Needless to say, there are a lot of very angry people on my phone right now. Gutting.
  • Options
    yep i know im a flat basher, but that really isn't entertaining, Ryan Moore has had a tough few days, still think winter will get turned over later.
  • Options
    Had the first 3 winners in a L15, need the next one for £1500.

Not gonna say who tho, don't wanna jinx it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Had the first 3 winners in a L15, need the next one for £1500.

Not gonna say who tho, don't wanna jinx it!

Lay the fuck out of it and Dutch your book
  • Options
    Had Queens Trust, didn't pick up at all.

£200 back tho so not too shabby
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    fair play happy to be wrong on that one, if your quids in @ValleyGary .

still goodwood makes grim reading for fave backers.

18 races so far and 3 favourites have won.
  • Options
    How the hell did the favourite win the 4.10
  • Options
    tipster on twitter owns shares in a few horses has quite a good strike rate has put these up;

1.50 lord yeats
    2.25 make time
    3.00 birchwood ew
    3.35 profitable nap
    4.10 gift in time
    4.40 perfect angel
    5.15 walton street nb

ive gone for;

1.50 poets world
    2.25 make time
    3.00 gm hopkins
    3.35 marsha
    4.10 holy tiber
    4.40 al jazi
    5.15 opimionata
  • Options
    25p rule 4 deduction on the 1.50 FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    13.50 - Lord Yeates
    15.35 - Profitable
    16.10 - Holy Tiber
  • Options
    fuck me ryan moore has turned up today!

washington dc to go in? ha
  • Options
    you back ryan moore andrea atzeni wins, you back andrea atzeni ryan moore wins.
  • Options
    Can't be fucking arsed