Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Carl Jenkinson

Apparently Hull and Arsenal have agreed a 3 million pound deal for him. Strange move from Arsenal as this would be their second right back to leave this window, but I guess he wants first team football or they don't rate him anymore. Either way, does anyone know if we are going to see any of this money from a clause in his transfer from us to Arsenal?

Comments

• Hopefully, we got £1m for him so hopefully we also had a 20% sell on clause or something similar.
  • banknote said:

Apparently Hull and Arsenal have agreed a 3 million pound deal for him. Strange move from Arsenal as this would be their second right back to leave this window, but I guess he wants first team football or they don't rate him anymore. Either way, does anyone know if we are going to see any of this money from a clause in his transfer from us to Arsenal?

They've got Chambers and Debuchy now, no need for him.
  • He could be playing in the Championship next year then.
  • banknote said:

They've now got Debauchy and Chambers. Both better right backs than Jenkinson who isn't good enough for Arsenal.
  • Probably be a good move for him that'll be similar to when Jonjo Shelvey left Liverpool for Swansea.

i.e. the move to Liverpool was perfect for his Youth progression being around top names but then needed First Team football to keep progressing.
  • So his value has tripled in value in about 3 years, I would certainly hope we would have a slice of the sell on clause.?..... He got thrown into the European games when he first went to Arsenal, and thought he deserved more than the 40 odd games he has played for the Arsenal. But I guess there you have it, always a risk in expecting to establish yourself in a top side like the Arsenal, especially as a young player. Playing at Hull?......
    well he could hopefully establish himself, with regular football and be part of the England team for the Euro's, as apparently he has chosen to opt for being an England player. He could also find himself in the Championship in 12 months, as Hull are one of my teams to get relegated. Has to be a regular first though..
  • Swisdom said:

£3m for him is a steal if you ask me. He may not be good enough for Arsenal but he is certainly good enough for the premier league and £3m for an english(ish) player in his early 20's is fabulous value.

Agree, especially when Chambers has gone for £16m
  • I thought that said £3million would be a steak for him.
    Bloody overpaid footballers
  • I agree. Jenkinson isn't good enough (yet) for Arsenal but moving to Arsenal was superb for his development. I like Hull although playing in the UEFA Cup seems to have a very bad effect on English teams.

Hull would be a very good move for him as he could really make a name for himself at a lesser Premier League club whilst still playing European football. It showed last season that with a run of first team games, you can really get recognised (Hodgson noticed him).

£3m though. Talk about bargain! I hope we get a slice of that though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jenkinson and JTH
  • do we get a sell on fee?
  • Chris Powell said recently on Talksport that we got £1.5 million for Jenkinson (which may have included extras for his subsequent appearances and his England cap). Hopefully we'll also get a percentage of Arsenal's £1.5 million profit.
  • do we get a sell on fee?

According to Ackworth 20%, so probably not.
  • edited July 2014
    I've heard there's a special arrangement with Arsenal as part of the Jenkinson deal, which kicks in once we exhausted all the benefits from Internazionale, Asec Mimosas, etc. etc.
  • Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 1m

West Ham are set to win the race to sign Arsenal defender Carl Jenkinson loan. #WHUFC #AFC
  • My dislike for wet spam grows and grows.
  • Would love it if we swapped places this coming season...
  • At this rate, we'll have more of Academy players playing for West Ham than they do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Joined West Ham on a season long loan
  • West Ham’s Carl Jenkinson: sitting on Arsenal bench was driving me up the wall

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/19/west-ham-carl-jenkinson-arsenal
  • A good interview
  • A good interview

Of course it was - it was in the Guardian after all. Would have been better if the club that nurtered him got more of a mention though.
  • waldo said:

A good interview

Of course it was - it was in the Guardian after all. Would have been better if the club that nurtered him got more of a mention though.
    Players leaving Charlton sign a contract that prevents them mentioning how good our nurturing is .... Paul Walsh, Rob Lee, Jermaine Defoe.
  • Kap10 said:

waldo said:

A good interview

Players leaving Charlton sign a contract that prevents them mentioning how good our nurturing is .... Paul Walsh, Rob Lee, Jermaine Defoe.
    Why? Maybe Henry can elaborate on this point?
  • waldo said:

A good interview

At least he didn't mention the flak certain Charlton supporters gave him...
  • waldo said:

Kap10 said:

waldo said:

A good interview

Why? Maybe Henry can elaborate on this point?
    I think Kap10 was joking.

It's not really that the players ignore us but that the interviewer/writer/editor isn't interested.

That he started at Charlton is of little interest and so the question never asked. And if Carl had mentioned us a lot it would just be cut out of the printed version
  • waldo said:

A good interview

At least he didn't mention the flak certain Charlton supporters gave him...
    Hell hath no fury like CAFC fans scorned. Ask Poyet.
    The re-tweets of Diego age 16 and 3 quarters put paid to him coming back to us on loan.

also was that shocking Dagenham match where all the players and CP got dogs abuse not
    Jenkinson last match.
    Carl has erased us from his memory.