Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Solly

Comments

• Options
    Thought he played well today.
  • Options
    Poor first half - much improved second . Had poor game v Fulham.
  • Options
    thought he was below average first half but got better and better in the 2nd
  • Options
    Our best player over 90 minutes today.
  • Options
    skipper when JJ was taken off.
  • Options
    He was excellent as usual. I would like to see him allowed forward more, like Wiggins. We lose a lot with orders to stay back.
  • Options

Better than Ben Haim ? Really ? Open your eyes Solly was poor 1st half ok 2nd. Ben Haim was immense
  • Options
    Shocking 1st Half, like the rest of the team better in the 2nd. Not the same player as two years ago! Just wonder how long he can carry on.
  • Options

Better than Ben Haim ? Really ? Open your eyes Solly was poor 1st half ok 2nd. Ben Haim was immense
    Ben-Haim did slip twice in the first half though (as did Bikey) which almost cost us a few times, the last would have sent the Wendies striker clean through had he been Vetokele.

The boot choice wasnt great first half from the slipping
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

And how he would have been lauded tonight if that screamer he struck had found the back of the net !

Looked good but, from behind the goal, always going wide
  • Options
    Thought he was better second half. Defensively it's hard to fault him. I just feel he could have done more with his delivery into the box.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Thought Ben Haim had a decent game as well but gave the ball away a bit and struggled to deal with Nuhu, with Solly cleaning up for him on more than one occasion.
  • Options

He was excellent as usual. I would like to see him allowed forward more, like Wiggins. We lose a lot with orders to stay back.

How good did we look when Solly and wiggins attacked in the 2nd half.

Rhoys confirmed at bromley on Thursday that he's under orders to play compact that why it looks like the widemen have so much room against us. When you don't play wingers, the full back at Home must get forward or else
    What was the point of a wider pitch, just to help the talented wingers of the oppos in the championship ? I do find it crass every time Solly or Wiggins have bad moments in a game it's because of their injuries,
    Yet as soon as they do something brilliant like Chris does most games, and Rhoys did yesterday the injuries
    are forgotten about.

The truth is the standard of widemen in the championship is so much higher than 2 seasons ago,
    when even then Solly did have some bad starts(10 mins at most) to games but would alway get the better of his man over the full 90 mins of the match.

We should use Wiggins like Bournemouth use Francis, so dangerous going forward,
    even if the defending is erratic at times. he did 3 cracking runs yesterday, 1 resulting in the goal.
  • Options

How good did we look when Solly and wiggins attacked in the 2nd half.

Rhoys confirmed at bromley on Thursday that he's under orders to play compact that why it looks like the widemen have so much room against us. When you don't play wingers, the full back at Home must get forward or else
    What was the point of a wider pitch, just to help the talented wingers of the oppos in the championship ? I do find it crass every time Solly or Wiggins have bad moments in a game it's because of their injuries,
    Yet as soon as they do something brilliant like Chris does most games, and Rhoys did yesterday the injuries
    are forgotten about.

The truth is the standard of widemen in the championship is so much higher than 2 seasons ago,
    when even then Solly did have some bad starts(10 mins at most) to games but would alway get the better of his man over the full 90 mins of the match.

We should use Wiggins like Bournemouth use Francis, so dangerous going forward,
    even if the defending is erratic at times. he did 3 cracking runs yesterday, 1 resulting in the goal.
    I have to agree, Wiggins strength has never been his defending, if he bombed forward more it would put the opposing winger under more pressure to track back, ideally you'd need a proper holding midfielder to cover when caught out rather than Buyens who is obviously more of a deep lying ball player.
  • Options
    Wonder who will play in place of Solly on Tuesday night?
  • Options

Wonder who will play in place of Solly on Tuesday night?

Wilson as Gomez not fit. We are fortunate to have both who can put in a decent shift for midweek games.

Also interested in how front six lines up Tuesday and Saturday - thinking about going to Reading if we are looking good?
  • Options
    Wiggins strength not his defending ? Gawd help us - regularly turned inside out :)
  • Options

Wiggins strength not his defending ? Gawd help us - regularly turned inside out :)

Rhoys admit's to this.

He's in good company, how about Kyle Walker and Glen Johnson,

RB's who are much better going forward than defending.

Internationals as well.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    And, it would seem, captain for the foreseeable.
  • Options
    His last 3 games have been outstanding.
  • Options
    looked a bit shakey at the beginning of games but after he took the armband early on saturday he was his like his old self. Could well be a very good CAFC captain for the future.
  • Options

It will be a sad day for this football club when that boy stops putting on a Charlton shirt.

The way his knees are, he could well be a one-club player. At least I'm hoping so!!
  • Options
    He's already racked up 150+ games for us at the age of 23. Very few players in the last ten years have got anywhere near that number.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

He's already racked up 150+ games for us at the age of 23. Very few players in the last ten years have got anywhere near that number.

Thats with almost a whole season out injured
  • Options
    A gem of a player skill wise and his attitude is spot on as well.
    I've never seen him get niggled by challenges, just gets up and gets on with it. A proper footballer.
    If I was a winger I would hate playing against him.

A microcosm of CAFC.
  • Options
    I honestly believe that he is the best full back in the championship. It's just a shame about his knees.