Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Everton-Charlton: The Match

The teams:

Everton:

Howard; Hibbert, Yobo, Stubbs, Lescott, Osman, Carsley, Neville, Arteta, Johnson, Beattie

Subs: Wright, Naysmith, Van der Meyde, McFadden, Anderson

Charlton:
Carson; Young, El Karkouri, Diawara, Thatcher; Ambrose, Song Billong, Faye, Hughes, Zheng, Bent

Subs:
Randolph, Holland, Hasselbaink, Rommedahl, Bougherra

Comments

• Options
    So...Thomas out, HH and Marcus Bent too, although their abscences were expected. Looks a very defensive midfield.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]So...Thomas out, HH and Marcus Bent too, although their abscences were expected. Looks a very defensive midfield.

I think he's trying not to lose and maybe nick one on the break.

I agree with him.
  • Options
    Hughes should be fresh and Thomas hasn't been firing on all cylinders.
  • Options
    is it on sky (digital radio)?
  • Options
    It's on BBC...

go to www.cafc.co.uk and follow the links on the left.
  • Options
    Souley's still wearing gloves!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Souley's still wearing gloves!![/quote]

I think that's more of an affectation than a statement about the weather and/or his ability to withstand the English climate.
  • Options
    not till half three except on DAB
  • Options
    ok got that link, im on a mac, its all garbled
  • Options
    Wigan 3-Spurs 3
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds like Everton are overunning us!
  • Options
    Sounds like we are under a lot of pressure.
  • Options
    No out to take the pressure off!!
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    FFS Charlton. I thought there were two halves on a football pitch. Any chance of crossing the halfway line just to confirm my theory??? LOL. We are getting hammered!!
  • Options
    we are being pissed on. AJ is all over the place. Bent's been put through twice but both times offside. We could nick it on the break, we look nervous, song not his normal self. we are missing thomas to run it out of defence.
  • Options
    Let's hold them to half-time - just five minutes.
  • Options
    Half time bollocking me thinks!!
  • Options
    Sounds like all the midfield are giving it away!

Bring back Kish:-)
  • Options
    Last 5 mins have been much better
  • Options
    This is a match that Everton expect to win, so nil-nil at this stage is ok. We can come in to the match in the second half, Pardew is adept at changing formations and tactics at half-time and patching things up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we have come right back into it. finishing strong
  • Options
    It seems to me that we're looking for "the" killer ball rather than trying to play football.

I'm sure Pards has said keep it tight, make sure we don't lose, lets nick one etc but has that backfired a bit?
  • Options
    This sounds like several recent matches, start off steadily and playing defensively and hopefully opening out a bit more in the second half.
  • Options
    i agree except the last five minutes we were playign it about more with more confidence. hopefully that, along with pards motivational talks can give them enough confidence to come out firing after the break. one goal and then we can shut up shop, something i have confidence in this defence to do unlike reed or dowie's circus shows.
  • Options
    The Boat: did you try onlinefooty.com?
  • Options
    nah i found it through a link charlton dan gave me the other week http://www.myp2p.eu/Matches/Match1.htm. although i've tried livefooty before and it is good.
  • Options
    Biggest problem is that we are giving away posession too cheaply. Nobody is putting their foot on the ball, no composure. And midfield often AWOL - and there are 5 of them, for Chrissakes!

But attitude, determination and commitment is all there.
    So keep the faith!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    But attitude, determination and commitment is all there.
    So keep the faith![/quote]

Another 45 minutes of that needed....
  • Options
    cant believe those two muppets (Faye and hughes) are on the pitch, we should be going for it... or perhaps we are going to nil, nil it till the end of the season..
  • Options
    SC Freiburg won again...upto 51 points/fourth place in Bundesliga II..