Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Everton-Charlton: The Match

1235»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]Cant see us staying up now. Cant see us getting anymore than 4pts :(

Polo, mate, we don't need that sort of talk. We've got to believe we can do it.

Let's trust that SheffYou get well and truly rogered by Man Yoo midweek.....and we do them over on Saturday.

If we do, then we are above them.

C'MON YOU ADDICKS! all to play for!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    COME ON!!!!!

Everton are the form side of the division.

We beat Sheff Utd and get something at Blackburn we can still do it!

WE ARE STAYING UP!
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I'm worried that this will put a negative attitude on the dressing room more than anything. IF we came away from here with 1-1 dazza scoring in the last minute the dressing room would be buzzing. Pardew now has to get thier heads up and focus them for the biggest game of the season. Its a kick in the teeth but a Win against Sheffield, Blackburn and a point against spurs will keep us up.

Don't want to say it BUT if we loose to sheffield then I think its safe to say we are down (but we're not going to haha)
  • Options
    Bugger Bugger Bugger Bugger.

But then, we're Charlton. Have we ever done things the easy way?
  • Options
    That's the spirit, Ali......

Let's dust ourselves down, lick our wounds - and get ready for battle.

Neil Warlock.......we're coming to get ya!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tom_cafc[/cite]I'm worried that this will put a negative attitude on the dressing room more than anything. IF we came away from here with 1-1 dazza scoring in the last minute the dressing room would be buzzing. Pardew now has to get thier heads up and focus them for the biggest game of the season. Its a kick in the teeth but a Win against Sheffield, Blackburn and a point against spurs will keep us up.

Don't want to say it BUT if we loose to sheffield then I think its safe to say we are down (but we're not going to haha)

More likely to win at home to Spurs than beat Blackburn, I reckon.

Personally I see 4 or 5 more points only though
  • Options
    nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. come on man utd, i'm gutted.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: olster[/cite]nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. come on man utd, i'm gutted.

You said it, Olster.

If you think you can - you can do it.
    If you think you can't - you can't.

Everybody believe WE CAN!
    That's how we stay up!
  • Options
    Gutted but FUlham are in freefall and who honestly thinks we can't win one more game than them for the rest of the season. THE REDS ARE STAYING UP, THE WHITES ARE GOING DAAAAAAHN!
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Good man, Haders!

Freefall Fulham are going to fall through the trapdoor.

But first, we have to do it for ourselves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    oH yeah, AND i'm getting my ticket for Blackburn tomorrow!!!! Yippy Ayaaaay Yippy Ayooooooooooo! I BELIEVE
  • Options
    Sheffield United 2-1 to us
    Blackburn 1-0 to us
    Spurs 0-0
    Liverpool 1-0 to them

Total of 39

Leaving Fulham and Wigan needing 4 more points from now and the end of the season and Sheffield Needing 5 or maybe 6 if Man Utd can hurt thier goal difference.

Its gonna be close.

COME ON YOU REDS!
  • Options
    i'm going for a long cycle ride and then a swim to sort meself out. even when we were much further behind didn't feel this hopeless. but we must keep the faith. and we will stay up. enjoy the sun.
  • Options
    It's going to the wire........

Ha! Never moan about mid-table mediocrity again. ;-)
  • Options
    A win against Blackburn? Point max.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]A win against Blackburn? Point max.

Polo......keep the faith, mate.

Let's see what the table looks like after next weekend's matches.
    Nothing we can do about it until then.
    Time now for a beer......

Chin up, WE ARE STAYING UP!
  • Options
    This was a sickener and very hard to take. That said most fans would have not had us down to gain out of this game.

I still think it's all to play for. I can't see Fulham getting more than one win. I think we still have to win two and draw one. It's still all to play for. If we go to the Spuds game on 36 or 38 points we're still in with a big shout. It ain't over no way. BELIEVE we can do it.

Next week is going to be HUGE. I can't wait.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I hope that the players realise that one f*cking monumental effort is required to pull off the great escape. I have felt since the Newcastle game, that the players were not as "up for it" as they should. We got lucky against Wigan, failed to sparkle against a Citeh team who were there for the taking. We were nearly mugged by Reading and frankly, missed chances to have at least come away with a draw today.

We need some big big performances by every player next week. There is nowhere now to hide. We will see if our players have the character to do this. If they can put in a winning performance against the Blades then Blackburn will be there for the taking.
  • Options
    I can see Fulham only getting one more point at the most this season. If we lose to Sheff Utd, we're down.

If we do go down, I reckon Pardew is the man to get us back up at the first attempt. Giving us a free season ticket!!
  • Options
    just seen the match on MOTD and have to say not only did Matt Holland give the ball away in the centre of the park when he should of done better but he failed to track whoever put the ball in even when you could clearly see young pointing and telling him to go with him. very dissapointing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The pivotal moment was surely when ZZ scuffed his chance in the 2nd half before the first goal.
  • Options
    We can spend all night dwelling on what we might have done.
    It's over.

Saturday we play Sheff Utd.
    They'll be no pushover, just because they were in the Championship last season.
    And they'll battle until they drop.

Every man jack in the the team knows what needs to be done.
    We need to approach it in the same way we took on West Ham.

And the rest of it is down to us, the crowd.
    Every time something doesn't come off, the crowd must not show negativity and impatience.

That is worth a 12th man to Sheff Utd.
  • Options
    I thought the radio coverage was very sporadic yesterday

You could only get full coverage (as far as I know) on the web or dab, with Spurs and cup semi final being preferred as start and second half by radio London.

Surely they could work with Radio 5 on this to split the coverage.

Shambles, licence fee, etc!