Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pre-Season Food Tasting

Just enjoying a taster of the coming seasons pre-match and half time grub. Blundell's Pie and mash, East Street burgers, Arthur's fish and chips, Butchers Blockbsalt beef sandwiches all from new caterers. No rise in price and a garuanteed that waiting times and queues will be reduced.... Best part? Sitting with and chatting to the lovely Katrien ;)

Comments

• Options
    Is it true the walkers have been replaced by Pringles?
  • Options
    MSE7 said:

Is it true the walkers have been replaced by Pringles?

You don't want to pull the A block Lion's tail....
  • Options

Just enjoying a taster of the coming seasons pre-match and half time grub. Blundell's Pie and mash, East Street burgers, Arthur's fish and chips, Butchers Blockbsalt beef sandwiches all from new caterers. No rise in price and a garuanteed that waiting times and queues will be reduced.... Best part? Sitting with and chatting to the lovely Katrien ;)

Kin hell - really ? the grub that is
  • Options
    Like the nod to Charlton history though not sure Blundell's pie and mash.
  • Options
    To be fair the grub was quality and if it's like that on match days as promised it'll be happy days
  • Options

To be fair the grub was quality and if it's like that on match days as promised it'll be happy days

Was that in the lounges?
  • Options
    Anyone who wants to know the chicken they use is Halal from this new lot, not sure they would make people aware which IMHO they should!!!!

• Options
    Jesus if I knew it was going to be this sophisticated I would of bought me napkin,
  • Options
    It was in the players lounge but was an example of what's going to be available from the venders in the stands. Apparently, if you just fancy a cold beer there will be individual beer venders doing the rounds
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Anyone who wants to know the chicken they use is Halal from this new lot, not sure they would make people aware which IMHO they should!!!!

Why's that?
  • Options
    As long as it ain't horse meat I'm in
  • Options

Why's that?
    Charlton is a broad, inclusive church
  • Options

Why's that?
    seriously you don't know?
  • Options
    I'll ask for Seth... What's the veggie option?
  • Options
    RedMist said:

Why's that?
    seriously you don't know?
    I dont know, enlighten please
  • Options
    as said above, for religious purposes some religions only eat halal, Is meat that's been killed slowly by bleeding to death.
  • Options
    RedMist said:

as said above, for religious purposes some religions only eat halal, Is meat that's been killed slowly by bleeding to death.

instead of ?

• Options
    instead of being electrically stunned and then bled, the stunning usually kills
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Don't be a wind-up Sunbury. You know the difference and why people have different views.

Fair play, I'm out of here
  • Options

Don't be a wind-up Sunbury. You know the difference and why people have different views.

Fair play, I'm out of here
    Leave the winding up to MSE7! ;o)
  • Options

Is that pie & mash as in the pie . mash and liquor , pie and mash?
  • Options
    Who cares? If it tastes nice I'm in. You don't have to watch it get stoned so why let it affect you. If you didn't know, you wouldn't moan.
  • Options
    Last I knew, when done properly, Halal slaughter is one of the most humane ways to kill an animal. I do have a problem with needless suffering of animals.

Anyway, a discussion for another forum.
  • Options
    RedMist said:

Again not totally true in the Koran i have been told its what they prefered but not a must

• Options

Who cares? If it tastes nice I'm in. You don't have to watch it get stoned so why let it affect you. If you didn't know, you wouldn't moan.

Some do some don't just putting it out there for the people who care as you say if you dont you would not moan works both ways surely, or is it one rule for one and not the other??

Also to clear a point up not moaning putting a view up that some may agree with and may be pleased to know

• Options
    edited August 2014

Last I knew, when done properly, Halal slaughter is one of the most humane ways to kill an animal. I do have a problem with needless suffering of animals.

Anyway, a discussion for another forum.

Slitting a throat and letting the animal suffer rather than instant death, not sure you source is very good.

Put it in human point of view your on death row how would you like to go instant or just cut and left to die a slow death????

• Options
    I can see this thread going in completely the wrong direction now. A fine Charlton Life tradition!