Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Howard Webb hangs his whistle up...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Probably our best ref, although personally I have never liked the idea of the "elite" referees doing only premier league games which suggests that the rest of us can make do with lower quality refs.
  • Options
    I seem to recall Roger Millford referee his last ever game of pro football at the valley, I might be wrong but I am sure itvwas him and he got a decent reception when the whistle blew
  • Options
    Look up show pony in the dictionary and you will find the picture of this monster.

Webb was a really good referee.

show ponies are Dowd, Poll, D'Urso....you can't be so vein if you want to be a good ref.

whereas Webb, Collina, Rennie... they look different so stand out but doesn't mean they ever did anything to cultivate it (ok Rennie did a bit)

• Options

Agree with Mendonca In Asdas. Excellent ref

You met him in Asda too?
  • Options
    A great big showoff, but quite well respected...I give you Roger Kirkpatrick.
    How many managers, players, journalists, and TV and wireless pundits, and supporters too have actually sat down and read the Laws of Football? I would reckon about 1% if you're very lucky, however everybody is an expert on refereeing!