Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football League Show (9/8/14) featured match : Brentford vs. Charlton

...is the whisper on twitter.

Makes sense with the internet streams going up as there usually is a correlation between the two. Looking forward to it as I can't catch any of the streams while I'm at work. :-(

Comments

• Options
    Does that mean we'll be shown on the Saturday?
  • Options
    Here we are: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04dy608

11:30pm start: "As the new season kicks off, Manish Bhasin presents the best of the action from Portman Road as Fulham start life back in the Championship at Ipswich. Cardiff are at Blackburn and there are highlights from a London derby as newly-promoted Brentford welcome Charlton to Griffin Park."
  • Options
    Sunday written all over that!
  • Options
    We're definitely losing then!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Its on bbc london radio as well.
  • Options
    There will surely be a live stream to watch it online on Saturday afternoon. Someone will probably post a link on here. If it is being shown live somewhere in the world then there will be a stream.
  • Options
    Whatever the result, you can guarantee that Steve Claridge's post-match analysis will provoke me into throwing a petrol bomb at my own television.
  • Options
    And what do you think Leeroy? "wellllitwassssaterriffficperfomanceeefromBrenttforddanddmysonplaysforHull"

• Options
    I look forward to the 30 second highlights and Steve Claridge writing us off.
  • Options
    bump
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2014
    YES
    NO STEVE CLARIDGE
  • Options
    Looks like they'd rather show Fulham vs Ipswich first....
  • Options
    It's a lie.

Only Charlton can be the featured game but not be shown first or second....
  • Options
    Watching that Tal Ben Haim's positioning looks constantly dodgy.
  • Options
    Henderson tipped that free kick onto the bar!!
  • Options
    Who's Hemel?
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

Who's Hemel?

I was thinking that lol, is he the new signing AA was keeping tight lipped about
  • Options
    Good comments from ginge who's played with Henderson and Bikey
  • Options
    I thought it at the time and have not chanced my mind, there goal was 100% handball
  • Options
    Seen the harriot miss, that's a shocker
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave Kitson is 100 times better than that tosser Claridge.
  • Options
    Poor old Harriott. That's the second time he's missed an important open goal and got a public telling from his manager.

Anyone else think RIga looked like he'd spent the last month necking bottles of vodka? The man looked haggard
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Well we don't look the weakest team, not by a long shot, people should feel a lot safer after today, wish we were playing Brum, Leeds or Blackpool sooner.

Henderson had that free kick covered, people and twitter made out we were lucky for woodwork, he had that covered. Harriotts miss was bad, no excuses, shoulda scored, look at some of the goals other teams are scoring on the highlights, ten times harder. Igor, what a header. Can't wait to watch him again in person. Looking forward to the Wigan game. Shame about the Tucudean one on one as well, wasted, should have slotted that one, beautiful pass by Johan though.

Would be nice to hear what people think the team should be for Wigan, was gonna make a thread but don't like making them.
  • Options

Henderson had that free kick covered, people and twitter made out we were lucky for woodwork, he had that covered.

...to the extent that I am convinced, when watching the alternate angle replay slowly, he gets his fingertips onto it.
  • Options
    Personally thought that was worse than the bramell lane miss. Just roll it in.
  • Options

Angle made it look easier I was right in front of it, the defender made it a lot harder for him, still should of scored but it was made to look easier on tv
  • Options

Henderson had that free kick covered, people and twitter made out we were lucky for woodwork, he had that covered.

...to the extent that I am convinced, when watching the alternate angle replay slowly, he gets his fingertips onto it.
    I have only seen it once mate but either way great goal keeping finger tips or not, well covered. Really gutted I didn't watch this. Great to hear Henderson, Bikey, Johan and Igor all impressed. Need the big three signings now and we're set. Winger, Delort and a centre mid with creativity. So much potential.
  • Options

I said on the match thread that he was right to lift it as if he'd kept it low it would have been easier for the defender to get a block on it. Hitting on the run as he was he just got a bit too much on it. Definitely should have scored but I can forgive the miss, even though it was a pretty bad one, as IMO he was trying to take the chance in the right way.

A shame he didn't take it as he's a confidence player and after the way he finished last season imagine how buzzing he'd have been if he'd scored the winner on the first day of this season.
  • Options
    Be Intresting to analyse it

Angle made it look easier I was right in front of it, the defender made it a lot harder for him, still should of scored but it was made to look easier on tv
    Should of scored, even if harriot took a touch past the defender then slot it in.
  • Options

Be Intresting to analyse it

Should of scored, even if harriot took a touch past the defender then slot it in.
    I was right behind it. I don't think he even needed to go passed just take a touch wider of the defender and bend it round him however he was so close with his choice and its always easier from the stands. Its a bad miss but forgivable.