Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football League Show (9/8/14) featured match : Brentford vs. Charlton

2»

Comments

• Options
    Kitson on was right though. Our back four is good man. One of the best in the league I think
  • Options

Henderson had that free kick covered, people and twitter made out we were lucky for woodwork, he had that covered.

...to the extent that I am convinced, when watching the alternate angle replay slowly, he gets his fingertips onto it.
    not seen it on tv yet, but I thought it was tipped on at the time
  • Options
    Harriott has to take a lot of blame for that, second bad bad miss he has made now.

As a pro footballer you hit the target their, no excuses, poor from him and be has cost us 2 points.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2014
    Just watched the highlights where I rewatched the open goal miss. The shot was away before the Brentford defender lifted his leg. Really the defender was only a distraction. There was a clear sight on goal. Not a good miss, particularly in the context of the match. Don't want to get on Harriotts back as strikers do miss and CH has my support. He does need to work on his composure in front of goal particularly on big occasions.
  • Options
    Roll it along the ground and it`s 0.2 and game over. Why put it 8 feet high?
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

Roll it along the ground and it`s 0.2 and game over. Why put it 8 feet high?

Exactly, its not the cross bar bleedin' challenge.
  • Options
    MSE7 said:

Kitson on was right though. Our back four is good man. One of the best in the league I think

I think it will be better if/when Morrison comes in for TBH but agree that we looked good. We've also got really strong cover in pretty much every position (a second choice back five of Pope - Wilson - Gomez - Morrison - Fox is not too bad).
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    TBH spent too much time too far right during the game.

deflection massively unlucky because it was an heroic attempt at a block. so Murphys law will no doubt see him making some great blocks like that in the other games.

Kitson I thought was great. He is quite well spoken for a footballer (posh lad). Maybe it was because that was the first real football this season but I thought he was excellent.

I got a soft spot for Leroy due to Charlton connections and his time at the CAFC soccer schools. However, he isnt the greatest analyst.

throw Claridge in the sea and never have him back.
  • Options
    Just watched the highlights where I rewatched the open goal miss. The shot was away before the Brentford defender lifted his leg. Really the defender was only a distraction. There was a clear sight on goal. Not a good miss, particularly in the context of the match. Don't want to get on Harriotts back as strikers do miss and CH has my support. He does need to work on his composure in front of goal particularly on big occasions.
    completely agree. The defender would only ever have blocked a Churchino-type pea roller. any shot with power he doesn't block

It's one miss and hit the bar even. Doesnt make him suddenly a player of low technique for one miss. Also, the fact that it so obviously relates to 2 dropped points is not all down to CH personally. By that I mean if we hadn't conceded, no one cares. Just because we did concede, doesnt mean Harriott is suddenly worse than useless.

glad to see most people are cutting Callum some slack

• Options
    J BLOCK said:

Harriott has to take a lot of blame for that, second bad bad miss he has made now.

As a pro footballer you hit the target their, no excuses, poor from him and be has cost us 2 points.

3rd
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have seen players in the premier miss just as badly, not saying he should not have done better
  • Options
    I'm in support of harriott I think if he pea rolls it as suggested...the defender blocks it he had to play it over him,adrenalin just got the better of him!

As mentioned it comes down to composure,the frustrating thing is...we all know he has got it!ie Blackpool last season and Watford!
  • Options
    Bugger. Claridge is on the League Cup Show tonight :-(
  • Options
    Wycombes away kit same as our 3rd, commentator says it's "revolting"
  • Options

TBH spent too much time too far right during the game.

deflection massively unlucky because it was an heroic attempt at a block. so Murphys law will no doubt see him making some great blocks like that in the other games.

Kitson I thought was great. He is quite well spoken for a footballer (posh lad). Maybe it was because that was the first real football this season but I thought he was excellent.

I got a soft spot for Leroy due to Charlton connections and his time at the CAFC soccer schools. However, he isnt the greatest analyst.

throw Claridge in the sea and never have him back.

Agree about Leroy . Why is his admittedly brief spell with us never mentioned ? I thought they like to dredge up any obscure connection. When Brighty is on Late kick off his three Millwall games qualify him as an ex Spanner. When he analysed the away match against the Spanners it was described as his two old clubs.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

3rd
    o0