Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fulham

All summer I have been saying Fulham will NOT go straight back up, like a few other people have been,

Maarten Stekelenburg has now told Fulham he wants to leave and Magath expects him to leave soon, having already let Stockdale go, they would have no senior keepers, now obviously I don't expect him to leave until someone else comes in, but I think the fact he has left it this late to say anything gives Fulham hardly any time, I think come May they will regret signing McCormack for £11 Million, because if they do go up it will hit them hard

Comments

• Options
    Fulham are gonna do another Wolves... Really cant see why people see them as Favourites
  • Options
    Agreed, Norwich will go straight back up in my opinion, possibly even Cardiff but Fulham will do an us and get relegated next season after missing out on the Play-offs this season.
  • Options

Agreed, Norwich will go straight back up in my opinion, possibly even Cardiff but Fulham will do an us and get relegated next season after missing out on the Play-offs this season.

Source?
    Does my own brain count?

Clue was the words "in my opinion" ;-)
  • Options

Source?
    Does my own brain count?

Clue was the words "in my opinion" ;-)
    Maybe he thought you knew someone who could see into the future lol :-)
  • Options
    I think Norwich will win the league & Fulham will make the play offs at best. I agree Fulham might even struggle.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

I think Norwich will win the league & Fulham will make the play offs at best. I agree Fulham might even struggle.

Cardiff to win the league and Norwich and Derby will battle it out for 2nd
  • Options
    I think they can get playoffs, a lot of good youth players coming through that team.
  • Options
    Fulham's situation depends on what the owner does - does he gamble and throw money at the club now and in January or does he see that as good money after bad and stop spending? Norwich have recent(ish) experience of the Championship, Cardiff were champions two years ago, they can still adjust accordingly and fit to the circumstances without massive disruption. Fulham are like Charlton once were - an established, pretty comfortable mid-to-lower Premiership team whose wheels fell off and having to make a big adjustment - but downwards not upwards. It could go either way to be honest, I would back both Norwich and Cardiff for Champions over Fulham.
  • Options
    I think with newish ground syndrome their away support will be better than ours
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think any of the relegated teams will bounce straight back this season, and I think Fulham will have an extremely mediocre season.
  • Options
    I have the opposite view to most. I Think Norwich and Cardiff will be mid table and Fulham will win the league.
  • Options

I have the opposite view to most. I Think Norwich and Cardiff will be mid table and Fulham will win the league.

Me too. Cardiff have a crap manager , i dont even know who Norwich's manager is - but any side that has Mccormack will have a very decent chance if they have a decent defence.
  • Options
    Norwich best bet of the relegated clubs in my view but history shows that despite the parachute money not that many teams bounce straight back. As they will all find out the championship is a very tough competitive league in which anyone can beat anyone.
  • Options
    Norwich and Derby the teams to watch I reckon.
  • Options
    One first game loss does not make a season u doom mongers
    They will go back up
  • Options
    Remember norwichs first game loss!!
  • Options
    philcafc said:

Norwich best bet of the relegated clubs in my view but history shows that despite the parachute money not that many teams bounce straight back. As they will all find out the championship is a very tough competitive league in which anyone can beat anyone.

With the parachute payments more than doubling I can see more relegated teams bouncing back up. You just have to look at the money they chuck at it nowadays. When we went down we spent £2m on Varney, Fulham spend £11m on McCormack.
  • Options
    I don't think any of the relegated teams will go up automatically, 1 of them may win the playoffs
  • Options
    I like the name Hoogland though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blimey, the Fulham team, were something like McCormack, Scott Parker and the rest were Academy players.
    Surely, not promotion contenders.
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28728929

Dropped 11 million on him and sounds like Magath wants McCormack to drop some pounds too.
  • Options
    Lol - big London club ? A third division Fulham would be lucky to muster 600 to CAFC in a 3rd round FA cup tie, 7,000 dont even think about it
  • Options
    Norwich - Promoted after a poor start. They will sack their manager and pick up after that as they did in the league 1 season.
    Cardiff - Play-off final losers
    Fulham - To struggle massively and finish mid table.
  • Options

Blimey, the Fulham team, were something like McCormack, Scott Parker and the rest were Academy players.
    Surely, not promotion contenders.

They have a good set of youngsters coming through, but you won't win promotion from the Championship with kids...
  • Options
    so they have also lost their number 1 who has joined Monaco on loan

its left them with 2 GK'S
    1st choice-Jesse Joronen (21)- who played 8 games on loan at Maidenhead and 18 on loan at FC Lahti
    2nd choice-Marcus Bettinelli(22) who played 35 games on loan at Dartford and 21 games on loan at Accrington

and there first choice Joronen went on loan to Cambridge in Feb 2013, was sent back a day later after he refused to be named as a substitute

they need to get a new keeper in quickly I think, or they could be in trouble
  • Options
    A bit strange they didn't keep Stockdale as first choice, if they knew Stekelenburg would go out on loan>
  • Options

A bit strange they didn't keep Stockdale as first choice, if they knew Stekelenburg would go out on loan>

I think Stockdale had already gone, I saw a report saying Stekelenburg only told Fulham on Friday he wanted to leave (which is when I made this thread)
  • Options
    Should have got rid of Magath.

Looks like already he's lost the plot.

He'll be gone by the end of the year i think.
  • Options
    Another defeat for Fulham, joint bottom with Blackpool. With that team, they could be in real trouble this season