Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fulham

2»

Comments

• Options
    fulham to do a wolves/charlton/southampton/norwich/leicester and drop down to league one
  • Options
    Im on way home from the game. Fulham are terrible.
  • Options
    I had aimed for Fulham away to be my first ever away game, as this season goes on it looks a better and better idea.
  • Options
    Penfold is on his way out.
  • Options
    Can see Magath getting sacked tonight.
  • Options
    I like Fulham, just as I like most other London clubs bar a few (the big 3, Millwall, Palace, at times West Ham), but I think they're done for. They remind me of Charlton in about 2007. A bit of an identity crisis brought about by relegation, followed by internal turmoil. I actually think a season or 2 in League One may actually do them a favour.
  • Options
    A season in the third tier can be good for getting rid of the deadwood. It's silly to write off Fulham though when they've only played three games. 12-13th for me
  • Options

Should have got rid of Magath.

Looks like already he's lost the plot.

He'll be gone by the end of the year i think.

Meulensteen would have been a better bet to get them back up.
  • Options

I like Fulham, just as I like most other London clubs bar a few (the big 3, Millwall, Palace, at times West Ham), but I think they're done for. They remind me of Charlton in about 2007. A bit of an identity crisis brought about by relegation, followed by internal turmoil. I actually think a season or 2 in League One may actually do them a favour.

Hmm, a season in L1 may do you a favour (like Norwich or Wolves to an extent) but if you don't go up immediately, it can destroy you financially.

They have a very inexperienced team and a manager with no experience of the league. If only they'd given the job to Curbs...
  • Options
    I don't think they will drop down a league but there is alot wrong with the squad.

They need a new keeper desperately. There is no one in that team who is currently upto scratch, McCormack looks unfit and the rest not upto the level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    very early days...only 3 games in. Lets see where they & us are in 3 months time.
  • Options
    They are not playing their three most valuable players - I heard they have a top academy but they need a win very fast...
    Ah well one less club to worry about at the top ;)
  • Options
    Charlton are now nineteen places above Scott Parker
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Charlton are now nineteen places above Scott Parker

Parkist
  • Options
    Not looking good but I suspect they will end up more like Blackburn than us/Wolves. Early in the season yet.
  • Options
    Seems to be an easy 3 points for anyone playing Fulham at the mo. Anyone know how many were there? I always throught Fulhm's attendances would tail off badly this season but this start is going to accentuate that hugely.
  • Options
    They've got a lot of youngsters in that team. The pressure/expectation of being a relegated Premiership team is tough enough for experienced pros, let alone players of that age. I think most of us know having seen Charlton in the Prem and in the Championship that it takes a certain type of player and balance of team to get you up, and then a certain player/team to keep you up. Basically what I'm saying is, I can't see Magath or Fulham's current set up capable of identifying the players capable of doing a job in the Championship, hence all these youth players. Of course cost cutting plays a role, but they spent £11m on McCormack, so they've got it if they feel it's the right player. I also think the owner (although I know very little about him), has bought them as a bit of a trophy asset. For me he paid a premium, probably doesn't have the greatest grasp on the footballing side, and could have been taken on more of ride than Tony Fernandez did in his first seasons as QPR owner in the Prem. I mean £11m on that crock Greek guy. For me they've got a lot of probs that could be too much for such a young team to overcome.
  • Options
    Saw the Fulham line-up last night... Apart from Hoogland.. Parker.. Rodallega and McCormack I dont recognise any experienced players in that team!! (Roberts and Woodrow I remember from last season as youngsters but they've not got 10 games combined I dont think!!)... Was listening to BBC London coming away from Wigan on Saturday and Matt Lawrence (ex-Millwall) was talking and said that if you take Parker out of that side then Alan Dunne has more appearances than the lot.

This is a serious Wolves case as they've only got just over a week to assemble as Squad
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I also think the owner (although I know very little about him), has bought them as a bit of a trophy asset. For me he paid a premium, probably doesn't have the greatest grasp on the footballing side, and could have been taken on more of ride than Tony Fernandez did in his first seasons as QPR owner in the Prem.

Don't know about trophy asset but if he owns the whole of Fulhams assets I think its cheap.
    What price is a riverside apartment or, for that matter,one with no river view in that part of London?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think it's too early to write them off. Certainly they have a lot of largely untried youngsters.

I live in Norfolk. I have little doubt that Norwich will be up there next May. They have a strong squad for this division.

As for Cardiff, not sure. Not sure the manager has enough about him.
  • Options
    The pic of Felix in the Sun today looks very apt,he's carrying his coat
  • Options
    Mate of mine is a Fulham fan and he's virtually suicidal at the moment.
  • Options

LOL! If you don't like Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Millwall, Palarse & West Ham, that doesn't leave too many other London clubs you do like!
  • Options

cabbles said:

I also think the owner (although I know very little about him), has bought them as a bit of a trophy asset. For me he paid a premium, probably doesn't have the greatest grasp on the footballing side, and could have been taken on more of ride than Tony Fernandez did in his first seasons as QPR owner in the Prem.

Don't know about trophy asset but if he owns the whole of Fulhams assets I think its cheap.
    What price is a riverside apartment or, for that matter,one with no river view in that part of London?
    They'd never get planning permission. All those years when Fulham were at the bottom of the football league, and football wasn't 'trendy' the property developers never got hold of the ground.
  • Options
    Great ground though. I refer you to my other passion site...

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1600687
  • Options

Agree soapy. My second favourite club and ground. Even though i try to ignore other results, them losing to the scum somewhat took the gloss off our win last Saturday.

The new stand plans look great.
  • Options

The pic of Felix in the Sun today looks very apt,he's carrying his coat

Who did he pull?
  • Options

cabbles said:

They'd never get planning permission. All those years when Fulham were at the bottom of the football league, and football wasn't 'trendy' the property developers never got hold of the ground.
    Yeah I just meant trophy in the sense a lot of billionaires like to have a sports club/franchise. I'm sure there is a business case in their as well, but first and foremost I think (quite outdated now really) as a fan. Is this guy knowledgeable enough to appoint people to improve the footballing side of things? That would be my worry if I were a Fulham fan.

PS - hopefully haven't opened up a debate on RD's ownership of us now:)
  • Options

Agree soapy. My second favourite club and ground. Even though i try to ignore other results, them losing to the scum somewhat took the gloss off our win last Saturday.

The new stand plans look great.
    Isn't that the only reasonable recent stand in the ground though? the rest of it is falling apart.