Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Brentford v Charlton

Welcome to the new season in the Championship

For those of you at Griffin Park or who watched the complete match on an internet feed your marks out of 10, with half marks allowed (like 6.5 for example).

If you watched it on an internet feed please include the word INTERNET at the top of your marking.

Just copy the list of players names and put your mark against each name, please keep to my order of names as it is a great help when copying the marks on to a spreadsheet, so here we go:

Henderson
Solly
Wiggins
Bikey
Ben Haim
Gudmundsson
Jackson
Buyens
Cousins
Vetokele
Tucudean

Harriott
Fox n/a
Moussa n/a

this thread will remain open until noon on Monday.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2014
    INTERNET

Henderson 7.5
    Solly 6.5
    Wiggins 6.0
    Bikey 7
    Ben Haim 5.5
    Gudmundsson 6.5
    Jackson 6
    Buyens 6
    Cousins 6.5
    Vetokele 8 MOM
    Tucudean 6.5

Harriott 6
  • Options
    Internet.

Henderson. 7.5
    Solly. 7.5
    Wiggins 5
    Bikey. 8
    Ben Haim. 6
    Gudmundsson 8 - played some nice stuff.
    Jackson - 5.5
    Buyens. 6
    Cousins. 7 - should not be played where he was.

Vetokele 7.5
    Tucudean 6.5

Harriott. 6.5
    Fox n/a
    Moussa n/a
  • Options
    Henderson-8
    Solly-7.5
    Wiggins-7
    Bikey-8
    Ben Haim-6
    Gudmundsson-7.5
    Jackson-5.5
    Buyens-6
    Cousins-6
    Vetokele-8 MOTM
    Tucudean-6.5

Harriot-5.5- Not just for the miss, Didn't think he was involved that much when he came on.
  • Options
    INTERNET

Henderson - 7.5
    Solly - 7.5
    Wiggins - 7
    Bikey - 8.5 MOM
    Ben Haim - 7
    Gudmundsson -7
    Jackson - 5.5
    Buyens - 6
    Cousins - 7
    Vetokele - 8
    Tucudean - 6

Harriott - 6
    Fox n/a
    Moussa n/a
  • Options
    INTERNET

Henderson 7.5
    Solly 5
    Wiggins 4
    Bikey 8 MOM
    Ben Ham 5.5
    Gudmundsson 6
    Jackson 4
    Buyens 5
    Cousins 6
    Vetokele 7.5
    Tucudean 6.5

Harriott 6
  • Options
    Henderson - 7 - couldn't do anything about their goal, generally solid but a few flappy moments.
    Solly - 7.5 - Class game from the little man, what injury?
    Wiggins - 5.5 - looked uncomfortable defensively, better going forward, cant help but wonder if league one was his level.
    Bikey - 7.5 - Completely solid.
    Ben Haim - 6 - generally okay, few dodgy moments.
    Gudmundsson - 7 - great on the ball but needs to play it simple more often rather than always looking for the killer ball.
    Jackson - 6 - not his greatest, didn't really notice him.
    Buyens - 6.5 - gets stuck in but again wasn't clinical enough with his passing.
    Cousins - 6.5 - solid on the left, grew into the game but still obvious he is a central midfielder being pushed out wide.
    Vetokele - 8 - very impressed, worked hard, pressurised defenders, quick, great control, good finsh. Have a feeling he will become fan's favourite ala Kermo.
    Tucudean - 5 - Not impressed, looks slow and lethargic, touch was poor and gave the ball away too muc, should have scored his one on one. On the plus can only get better.

Harriott - 6 - offered something different when he came on but cannot excuse that miss.
    Fox n/a
    Moussa n/a
  • Options
    INTERNET

Henderson 8
    Solly 7
    Wiggins 6
    Bikey 6
    Ben Haim 6
    Gudmundsson 7
    Jackson 6
    Buyens 5.5
    Cousins 6.5
    Vetokele 7
    Tucudean 6

Harriott 6
  • Options
    INTERNET

Henderson - 6.5
    Solly - 7
    Wiggins - 7
    Bikey - 8.5 MOM
    Ben Haim - 6.5
    Gudmundsson - 7
    Jackson - 6
    Buyens - 6
    Cousins - 6.5
    Vetokele - 8
    Tucudean - 6.5

Harriott - 6
    Fox n/a
    Moussa n/a
  • Options
    INTERNET
    Henderson 7 impressed with his start - no chance with the goal
    Solly 6 looked exposed
    Wiggins 6 OK
    Bikey 7
    Ben Haim 6 jury still out
    Gudmundsson 6 impressive going forward but didn't do Solly any favours
    Jackson 6
    Buyens 6
    Cousins 7 thought he was our best midfielder all told
    Vetokele 8 looking forward to him this season
    Tucudean 6 can't judge on this game but I think he may not be up to this level
    Harriott 5 - bad miss
  • Options
    I watched on an internet stream.

Henderson 7 No chance with the goal and made some good saves. Looked to distribute quickly as well.
    Solly 7 Glad to see he got 90 minutes! Was solid down the right and good crossing and tackling.
    Wiggins 6.5 I didn't really notice much of him but he seemed to do the job.
    Bikey 7 he's a unit. A couple of times there was a break down in communication with the keeper and TBH.
    Ben Haim 6.5 No chance with thr goal was very unlucky I thought. His experience will do us the world of good.
    Gudmundsson 6.5 I thought he linked up well with Solly. He was always looking to play the strikers in which is positive!
    Jackson 6 Again, his experience will do us the world of good. Kept things ticking.
    Buyens 6 Seems to be more holding. Again, some nice passes from ehat I could see.
    Cousins 6.5 I think he was on thr ball more than most. Will be very important for us this year. Good tracking back.
    Vetokele 7.5 Good goal (albeit poor defending) and looked to shoot. Glad he's off the mark.
    Tucudean 6.5 Again, positive that he looked to shoot. Perhaps should've done better with the 1-on-1 and should've been more composed from the rebound off of the post. Not a bad debut.

Harriott 6 I know he was under pressure but to hit the cross bar when there's an open goal... he should've really scored. Again, I think he will be a lot more important for us this season than last.
    Fox n/a
    Moussa n/a

I am happy with a point although 3 were there for the taking. Brentford played with such a high tempo in the 1st half and then they upped it again after we scored. A point is something to build on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Internet

Henderson 8
    Solly. 7
    Wiggins. 7
    Bikey. 8
    Ben Haim. 6
    Gudmundsson 7.5
    Jackson 6
    Buyens. 6
    Cousins 6
    Vetokele 8 mom
    Tucudean 6

Harriot. 6
  • Options
    INTERNET

Henderson 8
    Solly 7
    Wiggins 6
    Bikey 8 MOTM
    Ben Haim 6
    Gudmundsson 6
    Jackson 5
    Buyens 6
    Cousins 7
    Vetokele 8
    Tucudean 5

Harriott 5
    Fox n/a
    Moussa n/a
  • Options
    INTERNET

Henderson - 7
    Solly - 8
    Wiggins - 6
    Bikey - 8
    Ben Haim - 6
    Gudmundsson - 6
    Jackson - 6
    Buyens - 6
    Cousins - 7
    Vetokele - 7.5
    Tucudean - 6

Harriott - 6
    Fox n/a
    Moussa n/a
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Internet

Henderson - 7 confident coming out for crosses he will grow into this role and I expect him to be very good in the future.

Solly - 7 slow to start but got up to speed by half time. Shut down their two best players for most of the game.

Wiggins - 7 see above

Bikey - 7.5 a man mountain. Hopefully his temperament doesn't let him down as he looks like the rock at the heart of our defence.

Ben Haim - 7 partnered Bikey well and went about his job quietly. Could be a key partnership going forwards.

Gudmundsson - 7 a peach of a ball for Tucudean first half. Has a touch of class about him going forwards. Some lapses in concentration defending which made solly's job difficult at times.

Jackson - 6 looked off the pace. 3 poor passes in key positions first half. Second half a lot of needless free kicks given away.

Buyens - 6.5 obviously going to be asked to be the enforcer in the midfield. After picking up a yellow he had to step back a bit. If nick Powell is on the horizon Buyens will free him up to attack.

Cousins - 7 grew into the role on the left. Continues to play wherever asked and does a great job. I'd love to see him in the middle. So glad we have kept hold of him.

Vetokele - 8 didn't get on the ball much in the first half but when he did he looked likely to make something to happen. A great mix of flair and pace and a surprisingly good jump on him. One to watch this year.

Tucudean - 6.5 grew into the game. Missed a good chance from Johann's pass but put in a decent shift.

Harriott - 6 adjusting to the striker role he will play this year. Disappointing choice of shot when he should have played it on the ground for the open goal. Looked more dangerous when he moved out to the wing at the end.

Fox n/a
    Moussa n/a

All in all, not a bad game. It's tough to start away against a newly promoted team and we gave a good account of ourselves. I felt we should have held on for all three points but it was only a deflection that gave Brentford a goal. Once Solly and wiggins got up to speed brentfords threat died away. No truly horrendous errors so no 5s from me. This team will grow into a good side this year.

Some food for thought for big Bob. One thing I'd look at is Harriott on the left and cousins in the middle. Jordan was taking corners so we wouldn't necessarily lose a set piece threat if JJ dropped to the bench. Once Moussa is up to speed that LW position could become a great battle. Tucudean is not quite the finished product but there is potential there. If the Delort saga finally ends in success I think those 2 rotating could be good. We want something extra up there so that teams don't just try and shut igor out of the game.
  • Options
    INTERNET

Henderson 8
    Solly 7
    Wiggins 6
    Bikey 6
    Ben Haim 6
    Gudmundsson 6
    Jackson 6
    Buyens 6
    Cousins 6.5
    Vetokele 7
    Tucudean 6

Harriott 5
  • Options
    Internet

Henderson - 8.5 - couldn't do anything about deflected goal. Very strong in air and a couple really nice saves. Commands the box nicely.

Solly - 7 - great second half, but looks a bit slower defensively when turned inside by smith for their equalizer.

Wiggins 7.5 - bombed forward nicely, great energy.

Bikey 8 - won a lot of challenges and aerially strong.

Ben Haim 6.5 - a couple loose passes. Decision making questionable at times

Gudmundsson - 7.5 - great first half with a brilliant through ball to tucudean. Faded second half but I like his flair and he has the ability to change pace past defenders.

Jackson - 6.5 - quiet game in possession but defensively he was all over the midfield looking to keep shape tidy. Nice assist on corner.

Buyens - 6 - quiet game but he didn't do anything hurtful either.

Cousins - 7 - did well at RM out of his natural position. A couple nice tricks on the wing. Did a good job but I'd rather see him at cm.

Vetokele - 9 - scored a brave goal up against button. Ran for every loose ball and set up harriots miss of season. Fast and strong. MOTM

Tucudean - 6.5 - should have scored in first half. Decent first touch but final ball was poor all day from him.

Harriott 5.5 - should have clinched 3pts. Barely touched the ball in his minutes.
    Fox n/a
    Moussa n/a
  • Options
    Internet

Henderson 8.5
    Solly 8
    Wiggins 7.5
    Bikey 7.5
    Ben Haim 7
    Gudmundsson 7.5
    Jackson 6.5
    Buyens 6
    Cousins 7.5
    Vetokele 9
    Tucudean 7

Harriott 6
  • Options
    INTERNET

Henderson 8
    Solly 7
    Wiggins 6.5
    Bikey 7
    Ben Haim 6
    Gudmundsson 7.5
    Jackson 5.5
    Buyens 6
    Cousins 7
    Vetokele 8
    Tucudean 6

Harriott 5
    Fox n/a
    Moussa n/a
  • Options
    INTERNET

Henderson- 8
    Solly- 6.5
    Wiggins- 6.5
    Bikey- 8
    Ben Haim- 5.5
    Gudmundsson- 7
    Jackson- 5.5
    Buyens- 6
    Cousins- 6
    Vetokele- 8.5
    Tucudean- 6.5

Harriott- 5.5
    Fox n/a
    Moussa n/a
  • Options
    Internet.

Henderson - 6
    Solly - 7
    Wiggins - 6
    Bikey - 7.5
    Ben Haim - 5.5
    Gudmundsson - 7.5
    Jackson - 6
    Buyens - 6
    Cousins - 6.5
    Vetokele - 8
    Tucudean - 5.5

Harriott - 6
    Fox n/a
    Moussa n/a
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    INTERNET

Henderson 7 - Impressive, no chance for the goal
    Solly 7.5 - Very good as always
    Wiggins 7 - Dealt with Odubajo well
    Bikey 8 MOM - This guy is a monster. Completely solid and dominant in the air.
    Ben Haim 6 - Bit shaky at times
    Gudmundsson 6.5 - Clearly has a great eye for a pass and linked well with Solly
    Jackson 5 - Not his best game for us
    Buyens 6 - Decent enough
    Cousins 6 - Wasted on the left, still did reasonably well
    Vetokele 8 - You can tell he has quality. Will score a lot of goals for us
    Tucudean 6 - Linked up well with Igor early on

Harriott 5 - Should have scored
    Fox n/a
    Moussa n/a
  • Options
    Internet

Henderson 8
    Solly 7
    Wiggins 7
    Bikey 8.5
    Ben Haim 7
    Gudmundsson 7
    Jackson 6
    Buyens 6
    Cousins 7.5
    Vetokele 8.5
    Tucudean 7

Harriott 6
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Henderson 7
    Solly 7
    Wiggins 6.5
    Bikey 7
    Ben Haim 6.5
    Gudmundsson 6.5
    Jackson 6
    Buyens 5
    Cousins 6.5
    Vetokele 7.5 will be a fan favourite
    Tucudean 5

Harriott 6.5 should have scored though
  • Options
    Henderson 7.5 - commanding and not at fault for the goal
    Solly 7.0 - thought he was a little dodgy at first but grew to being his old self
    Wiggins 6.5
    Bikey 8 - solid
    TBH 7 - solid
    Gudmunsson - 7 thought he faded second half
    Jackson 6 - starting to get left behind with the talent we have
    Buyens 6.5 was okay, decent debut
    Cousins 7 - for a centre mid/right back playing at left wing he did exceptional
    Vetekole 8.5 - could be a big player this season, looked sharp every time the ball came his way. If Delort doesn't happen or is a dud we've still got a quality striker
    Tucudean 5 - worried he's another network dud, did not impress me at all.

Harriott 6 - did okay but needed a bit more composure after vetekoles brilliant work for that open goal.

Watched on tinternet.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Henderson 8
    Solly 7
    Bikey 7
    TBH 6.5
    Wiggins 6.5
    Gudmundsson 6
    Jackson 6
    Buyens 6
    Cousins 7
    Vetokele 8.5
    Tucudean 6

Harriott 6
  • Options
    Henderson 6.5 Needs to distribute from hand more & work on directional kicking
    Solly 8 good to have the little guy back
    Wiggins 7.5 Inconsistent
    Bikey 7 struggled 1st half much better 2nd
    Ben Haim 7 Needs to work on communication with Bikey
    Gudmundsson 7.5 Flashes of quality all though think he should play on the left
    Jackson 6.5 Struggled to cover the ground
    Buyens 7
    Cousins 8 Glimpses of attacking flair but should be 1 of 2 centre mids
    Vetokele 8.5 MOM real threat
    Tucudean 6.5 Should of scored in 1st half Alot stronger physically in the 2nd

Harriott 7
    Fox n/a
    Moussa n/a
  • Options
    INTERNET

Henderson 7
    Solly 6
    Wiggins 6.0
    Bikey 7
    Ben Haim 7
    Gudmundsson 6
    Jackson 6
    Buyens 7
    Cousins 7
    Vetokele 9 MOM
    Tucudean 6

Harriott 6

• Options
    Tinternet
    -
    Henderson 7.0
    Solly 6.5
    Wiggins 6.5
    Bikey 7.0
    Ben Haim 6.5
    Gudmundsson 6.5
    Jackson 6.5
    Buyens 6.5
    Cousins 6.5
    Vetokele 7.5
    Tucudean 6.5

Harriott 6.5
    Fox n/a
    Moussa n/a

• Options
    INTERNET

Henderson - 6.5 - Solid, commanded well, went walk about badly from one cross late on!
    Solly - 7 - My word it's good to have you back
    Wiggins - 6.5 - Always seems to struggle kicking straight first game back! Looked solid vs 2 decent wingers
    Bikey - 8 - There must be a magnet inside him somewhere!
    Ben Haim - 6 - Couple of suicide passes, Morro will get his chance come Tues...
    Gudmundsson - 7 - What a pass to Tucudean 1st half. Looked positive with it, tracked well (enough!)
    Jackson - 6.5 - Tried to run things, needed to be in there, solid as ever
    Buyens - 6.5 - (As above)
    Cousins - 6.5 (and a half) - Looked to work McCormack (who's still pony!) hard, did well enough with the ball. Needs to shoot
    Vetokele - 7.5 - Loved his intensity in everything he did. Doesn't do halves when closing down, runs on and off the ball well
    Tucudean - 6.5 - Quite, had his chance and missed it

Harriott 6 - Nothing of note, apart from that miss and being burnt by McOxo on 1 occasion!
    Fox n/a
    Moussa n/a

• Options
    Innn.....tttttttt.......eeeeee.rrrrrr...................eeeeeeeeeeee...ttttttttt.nnnn.ee.tttttttttt

Henderson 7 looked solid to me
    Solly 7 ditto - usual what we have come to expect from Chris.
    Wiggins 6 odd game - distribution poor as was crossing
    Bikey 7.5 very solid - will be a rock at the back.
    Ben Haim 7 ok
    Gudmundsson 6.5 Flattered to deceive - not a lot of quality in the real business areas.
    Jackson 5 Poor - sorry Jacko. Slow, gave away free-kicks in crucial areas - overall a liability.
    Buyens 6 Hmm, not sure how much the first-half booking took out of him, not sure about him full stop - needs someone around him like an AA, not a JJ. Will need to impress a bit more.
    Cousins 7 Played well.
    Vetokele 8 good player. Got a bit frustrated with lack of service in first half, but IS a good player.
    Tucudean 6.5 Not sure abut him. his missed chance was the exact same as one v Pompey last week that he took with aplomb.

Oh Harriott,Harriott.Harriott, yes, i was at Sheff U too. dear,dear,dear. Head in hands.